Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Alex Smith's Contract

Default Alex Smith's Contract

Looking ahead,I hope it is on Dorsey's agenda to extend A.Smith's contract this offseason. He has a year left, but I want to lock him up now, before he hits the market. If he has a whole year like the last half if this year, then he is going to command a contract like Flacco got. Right now, I think we can get him for a lot cheaper, and he probably would be happy at this point with a long term deal knowing he is the undisputed #1 QB.

As close as our salary cap is now, I cannot imagine how tight things would get for us with a huge QB contract. There are a lot of teams that are going to be struggling to sign FAs with the huge contracts they have to give to reliable QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    That is true but there's a HUGE difference in now and 2010

Cassle in the playoff game failed BADLY.

Smith even losing Charles stepped up his game and put up 44 points.

That's a HUGE difference
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    That is true but there's a HUGE difference in now and 2010

Cassle in the playoff game failed BADLY.

Smith even losing Charles stepped up his game and put up 44 points.

That's a HUGE difference
    so, 2003

This last loss really took a lot out of me to get excited, last year was tough but the playoff loss (in that fashion)......It's hard to say "yeah chiefs will be back in the playoffs"

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    so, 2003

This last loss really took a lot out of me to get excited, last year was tough but the playoff loss (in that fashion)......It's hard to say "yeah chiefs will be back in the playoffs"

The loss hurt a lot no doubt

But from a QB spot I think it's far different from 2010 with Cassel and that's the good thing. It wasn't just one playoff game either. After the bye Alex stepped up when the schedule got tougher. Never saw that with Cassel. 03 at the end of the year was more like it. But this isn't a OLD team this time. So it's not quite like that either.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Just my opinion but if A Smith was still quarterbacking in SF I think he would have won them that championship game. He can do the touch passes or whatever kind of pass is needed. Kap seems to throw a hard ball, but doesn't seem like he's even able to throw a finesse type pass. I wonder if SF wishes they still had him?? Not that Kap isn't a good qb and he seems more athletic than Smith but I think I'll take Smith over Kap.
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MissingTBone View Post
    Just my opinion but if A Smith was still quarterbacking in SF I think he would have won them that championship game. He can do the touch passes or whatever kind of pass is needed. Kap seems to throw a hard ball, but doesn't seem like he's even able to throw a finesse type pass. I wonder if SF wishes they still had him?? Not that Kap isn't a good qb and he seems more athletic than Smith but I think I'll take Smith over Kap.
    I don't think so. Frank Gore was no where to be found in that game, and with the secondary Seattle has i think they stop Smith.

I don't think so. Frank Gore was no where to be found in that game, and with the secondary Seattle has i think they stop Smith.
    Too bad were not facing Seattle to see if your right, but next season we are

Quote Originally Posted by MissingTBone View Post
    Any QB stupid enough to go sleevless in -10 degree weather, just to show his ugly guns off, is not the type of QB I want leading my team. In that Greenbay playoff game, Kap was wearing a cut off hoodie think protecting his neck, head and face but he had to show off his arms. Yes, I get there will be argument that it would hinder his throwing arm, but it does not seem to bother any other QB in the league so I will chalk it up as stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Too bad were not facing Seattle to see if your right, but next season we are
    Too bad Smith isn't on SF anymore..........

I was talking about if Smith was still on the 49ers

Too bad Smith isn't on SF anymore..........

I was talking about if Smith was still on the 49ers
    but your saying Alex can't handle Seattle's secondary. Next year we play them so we will find out soon enough. Not saying we will come away with the win but if he can put up more than Kaep did (17) then I'd say he would have done even better in SF with better receivers

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    but your saying Alex can't handle Seattle's secondary. Next year we play them so we will find out soon enough. Not saying we will come away with the win but if he can put up more than Kaep did (17) then I'd say he would have done even better in SF with better receivers
    You can't judge one Qb against another from two different teams specially in two different seasons. Both teams have different O-lines and different receivers. They also have different running backs and offensive game plans. We also play them at home.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast