Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Alex Smith's Contract

Default Alex Smith's Contract

Looking ahead,I hope it is on Dorsey's agenda to extend A.Smith's contract this offseason. He has a year left, but I want to lock him up now, before he hits the market. If he has a whole year like the last half if this year, then he is going to command a contract like Flacco got. Right now, I think we can get him for a lot cheaper, and he probably would be happy at this point with a long term deal knowing he is the undisputed #1 QB.

As close as our salary cap is now, I cannot imagine how tight things would get for us with a huge QB contract. There are a lot of teams that are going to be struggling to sign FAs with the huge contracts they have to give to reliable QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    You can't judge one Qb against another from two different teams specially in two different seasons. Both teams have different O-lines and different receivers. They also have different running backs and offensive game plans. We also play them at home.
    Did you even read my quote? It says that Doobs thinks that Alex cannot handle Seattle's defensive secondary and I beg to differ and that we will find out next season when we play them. Then it says that in my opinion if he puts up more points than Kaep than I THINK (my opinion) is he would have done better with better receivers. Wasn't trying to compare QBs just saying if you surround Smith with better receivers than what we had this season I think he'd perform better

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Not saying we will come away with the win but if he can put up more than Kaep did (17) then I'd say he would have done even better in SF with better receivers
    Yes, I read your quote. Maybe you should too. This right here directly shows that you are stating that if Alex can put up more this coming season with the Chiefs, then he would have done better than Kap this year. while you may use that to form your OPINION. You shouldn't because of all the different variables. If this is all you need to form an opinion, then the Chiefs secondary is in good shape. We just need to cut the starters because the back ups did great against San Diego in San Diego. While we are at it, we are better of game planning without the use of j. Charles because the offense a whole performed better in the play offs after he got hurt instead of relying on him for most of the production.

Did you even read my quote? It says that Doobs thinks that Alex cannot handle Seattle's defensive secondary and I beg to differ and that we will find out next season when we play them. Then it says that in my opinion if he puts up more points than Kaep than I THINK (my opinion) is he would have done better with better receivers. Wasn't trying to compare QBs just saying if you surround Smith with better receivers than what we had this season I think he'd perform better
    why do you keep brining up next seasonw with the chiefs, i was talking about alex playing with SF in the NFC championship game with the SF players surronding him.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    I don't think so. Frank Gore was no where to be found in that game, and with the secondary Seattle has i think they stop Smith.
    This is you setting the Alex Smith vs Seattle's secondary question. Your guys' point being Alex Smith WITH SF, but that's never going to happen again. Do you agree that SF has better weapons on offense than the Chiefs? My point being if that last statement is true, (that SF has better weapons on offense), and Alex Smith does a better job ripping apart SF's defense with less weapons to use with the chiefs. Than one can make an EDUCATED GUESS that given better weapons, he would only do better than his previous performance.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    why do you keep brining up next seasonw with the chiefs, i was talking about alex playing with SF in the NFC championship game with the SF players surronding him.
    I keep bringing up next season cause it's the only time your going to see Smith against their secondary. I'm not a live in fantasy world type of person.

Just as the Chiefs PUMMELED the Iggles last year, they will BRUTALIZE the 9ers this year. Smith will have a career day against the 9ers. Looking forward to Alex Smith's Gatorade shower against the 9ers.

Not really living in a fatnasy world, seattle had one of the best defenses in the league, all year. They were also home. I don't know how many QBs can play against that defense in seattle and look good.

but that's just my opinion
    Last edited by doobs_05; 01-24-2014 at 12:42 PM.

Also, as chiefs fans you'll ALWAYS say smith is better or would of won that game.

I keep bringing up next season cause it's the only time your going to see Smith against their secondary. I'm not a live in fantasy world type of person.
    Justin brings up a valid point. Why, barring major roster change, will next years' KC/Seattle matchup not count? Please explain the logic behind that? It's unlikely that Seattle would want to make big changes to a roster that took them to the SB.

Well first. The game will be played in Arrowhead vs being played in Seattle. The Seattle Defense will not have the crowd there to help. That right there is a huge difference in your variables for comparison. Next, would be our LT. Who is he??????

Next is possibly the weather depending on when the game is played and possible injuries. Also, it is not a play off game so the urgency to give it all won't be the same.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast