Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Alex Smith's Contract

Default Alex Smith's Contract

Looking ahead,I hope it is on Dorsey's agenda to extend A.Smith's contract this offseason. He has a year left, but I want to lock him up now, before he hits the market. If he has a whole year like the last half if this year, then he is going to command a contract like Flacco got. Right now, I think we can get him for a lot cheaper, and he probably would be happy at this point with a long term deal knowing he is the undisputed #1 QB.

As close as our salary cap is now, I cannot imagine how tight things would get for us with a huge QB contract. There are a lot of teams that are going to be struggling to sign FAs with the huge contracts they have to give to reliable QBs.

That loss had nothing to do with Alex!!! Defense was hurt all over and we lost both our running backs by 4th qtr thus we weren't abk e to control the clock and they caught us!! Nit Alex fault in the least!!!

We don't lose 2 pro bowl defensive players and our 2 running backs we win!!!!!

Thank you Angler! Alex IMO is not and will never be "one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game" but I think he is one of the best we have had in a long long time (with the obvious exception of the Montana years). Another thing I like about him is that I think he honestly LIKES playing for the Chiefs. I think he would like to finish his career here and would be willing to work with Dorsey on cap space issues if he feels we are making a serious commitment to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Alex Did everything he could to win that game. It was the Defense who failed to win the play offs. In fact Alex's performance in the play offs making the plays he did, was exciting to watch. He took the inujry to J Charles on his own shoulders and made that offense click.

4 of the top 7 paid players on this team was in the secondary who failed to make the money they are being paid (Berry, Flowers, Smith and Robinson). Changes need to be focused here and not on the QB.
    Alex played his butt off in the playoff game. It amazes me how the Matt Cassel/Alex Smith dartboard salesmen are still trying to chip away at the man who gave this team a 28 point lead. But even if he won five super bowls, they probably will still find some way to criticize him.

Our defense was just not the same after the first Broncos game. The pass rush began to fade, our secondary fell victim to crossing patterns and got hit by the injury bug. So if we draft a monster pass rusher, or go after secondary help I wouldn't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Alex played his butt off in the playoff game. It amazes me how the Matt Cassel/Alex Smith dartboard salesmen are still trying to chip away at the man who gave this team a 28 point lead. But even if he won five super bowls, they probably will still find some way to criticize him.

Our defense was just not the same after the first Broncos game. The pass rush began to fade, our secondary fell victim to crossing patterns and got hit by the injury bug. So if we draft a monster pass rusher, or go after secondary help I wouldn't complain.

It was well before the Broncos game. Even against the Browns the defense looked horrible against Campbell as Qb. Since that game, our sacks seemed to have stopped and the secondary was chasing tail.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456