Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FYI: Kansas City Chiefs will work out CFL all-star wide receiver

Default FYI: Kansas City Chiefs will work out CFL all-star wide receiver

Weston Dressler is a slot receiver from the CFL who has been an all-star multiple times. He will work out for the Chiefs this week.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/1/13/5303536/kansas-city-chiefs-free-agent-workout-cfl-player?utm_source=arrowheadpride&utm_medium=nextcl icks&utm_campaign=blogs

It looked as if he can run routes, if so and he can get off the line I think alex would only need to get the ball into an area and this kid will adjust and make the catch. Can we just give Bowe this kids hands...nah I say sign him.

I know it is off seasn and peoples hopes get high on people, but I am still very skeptical. Even the annoucers are pointing out mistakes made by the secondary leaving him open. The forward motion seemed to be his biggest asset when running GOOD Routes. He was just blowing by the secondary because he had a head start.

DMC is one of the speediest slot WRs in the game we need to work on his hands not replace him. The #2 WR position is where we need help or #1 if we get someone to de-throne Bowe

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    DMC is one of the speediest slot WRs in the game we need to work on his hands not replace him. The #2 WR position is where we need help or #1 if we get someone to de-throne Bowe
    I was actually very imporessed with McCluster this year as a Receiver. He made some very nice catches either by laying out and getting them or adjusting to a ball behind him. He just needs to work on staying in bounds instead of running out for a 6 yard gain when we need 13 and no one is around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I was actually very imporessed with McCluster this year as a Receiver. He made some very nice catches either by laying out and getting them or adjusting to a ball behind him. He just needs to work on staying in bounds instead of running out for a 6 yard gain when we need 13 and no one is around him.
    Looks like you agree with me that our team's number 1 need isn't a slot receiver. That was the point I was trying to make. DMC is good if they plan on keeping him

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Looks like you agree with me that our team's number 1 need isn't a slot receiver. That was the point I was trying to make. DMC is good if they plan on keeping him
    I think as the season went along, the receivers did better as the offense developed. I do think they need a true #1 who is reliable to catch the ball instead of dropping it everytime there is a slightest bit of contact. Bowe is to inconsistent to rely on. However, I don't think it is a top need. The Secondary needs to be fixed and the Oline needs attention.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12