Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FYI: Kansas City Chiefs will work out CFL all-star wide receiver

Hybrid View

Default FYI: Kansas City Chiefs will work out CFL all-star wide receiver

Weston Dressler is a slot receiver from the CFL who has been an all-star multiple times. He will work out for the Chiefs this week.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/1/13/5303536/kansas-city-chiefs-free-agent-workout-cfl-player?utm_source=arrowheadpride&utm_medium=nextcl icks&utm_campaign=blogs

Good that they are looking anywhere they can for WR help it's much needed
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Reading about him and watching the highlights video below, he reminds me of Wes Welker.

And yes, I do know CFL is more receiver friendly due to the larger fields, but he still looks interesting. Watch that very last catch in the clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Reading about him and watching the highlights video below, he reminds me of Wes Welker.

And yes, I do know CFL is more receiver friendly due to the larger fields, but he still looks interesting. Watch that very last catch in the clip.
    They have weird football fields. Two 50 yard lines? I thought I saw a 55 yard line on one football field, I guess that was in place of the "C" line.

That is all.

This kid is a baller. As long as he is not buried at the line and gets 10 yrds down field he might be real good.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. He is beating a secondary not good enough to make it in the NFL, and gets that forward motion advantage allowing him to be released free into the secondary as the ball is snapped.

I don't think this would be an upgrade over Chad Hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I wouldn't get my hopes up. He is beating a secondary not good enough to make it in the NFL, and gets that forward motion advantage allowing him to be released free into the secondary as the ball is snapped.

I don't think this would be an upgrade over Chad Hall.
    better hands than Hall, and can run routes, but if he gets jammed at the line like already said, but then again, Dexter isn't a giant either

A few thoughts.......

IIRC the CFL field is 110 yards.

Glad to see the Chiefs looking at options.

The kid looks impressive....he's also 5' 8" and 179 lbs. Can he survive in the NFL?

We absolutely need a welker type slot receiver..

A prospect from the University of North Dakota that went into the CFL being interviewed by the Chiefs.....Our recruiting department must have eyes in the backs of their heads (and that's a good thing...)

He looks good. Love the one handed catches. Can see the Welker comparisons, but would like to see him against NFL corners to get a better idea of what he'd bring to the table. Hopefully it's just a case of him slipping through the NFL's fingers because of a lesser-known school.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast