Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webnews: Dwayne Bowe thinks everyone is out to get him

Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Dwayne Bowe thinks everyone is out to get him

0 Not allowed!
    By Mike Florio
    Chiefs receiver Dwayne Bowe saW his dollars go up but his numbers go down in 2013.* Even worse than the dip in on-field production was an off-field incident that resulted in a November arrest. Bowe thinks it goes with his high-rent, five-year, $56 million territory. “Everybody’s aiming for you and waiting on you to get… Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 115

0 Not allowed!
    Way to put blame on others bowe. As i was reading this all i could hear was "It's not my fault, it's other peoples fault that i suck and got pulled over".

Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 6

0 Not allowed!
    Not breaking the law and trying your best on every play isn't exactly a lot to ask especially with his contract, he's failed on both counts thus far.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!
    I wont lose any sleep if hes no longer with the chiefs.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

0 Not allowed!
    Not much has changed in my absence at Chiefs Crowd website, hahaha. I'm still a huge Bowe supporter! Keep in mind y'all...that shortly following his arrest for weed, he issued a public statement apologizing to the Chiefs franchise, his coaches, his teammates, and his fans. He was genuinely humiliated and remorseful at that time. Well, time has passed now, and his court date is approaching. I've no doubt he has been influenced and 'coached' on how to best approach his defense, both from a legal viewpoint and a public relations one.

It's no secret that in the NFL, each franchise has a public relations staff that 'coaches' players involved in scandals or legal issues, with what to say & do for sake of public relations. They did the same to Len Dawson back in 1970, when news broke he was involved in a federal gambling investigation the day before SBIV. Lamar had his own public relations people write a public statement to the press, declaring Len's innocence with an explanation that conveniently left out some facts...and then instructed Len to say word for word what that statement to the press. Len did just that, followed Lamars directive. :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 74

0 Not allowed!
    I don't dislike Bowe at all but sometimes he just makes you shake your head on and now off the field but he does get his day in court so maybe we will find out there is some truth to what he's saying

Thumbs Up
    Received: 226
    Given: 664

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I don't dislike Bowe at all but sometimes he just makes you shake your head on and now off the field but he does get his day in court so maybe we will find out there is some truth to what he's saying
    THIS. My initial reaction was trade him, but maybe the best gauge of Bowe is to let the case take it's course and see the evidence.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I don't doubt racial profiling may have occurred. Sadly, it's a common occurrence in our society. :/

Truth be told...the majority of NFL players do smoke the green, not all get caught, is the difference.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 16

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I don't doubt racial profiling may have occurred. Sadly, it's a common occurrence in our society. :/

Truth be told...the majority of NFL players do smoke the green, not all get caught, is the difference.
    Even if that's the case, it doesn't make it right. Bowe is a highly paid athlete and its not ok to be in that situation. he should put his team and fans before this crap. His numbers were way down as well. He continues to play lazy at times but then does great things. I'm thinking we should keep him but get another top receiver to push him. Bowe likes being our number 1 receiver and I believe this would motivate him. Also a lot of Charles success comes from Bowes awesome blocking. All that being said, Im not trying to change your mind Connie. You are a great Chiefs fan, and Im delighted to see you back on here. We love you Connie.
    Last edited by 70 chiefsfan70; 01-17-2014 at 07:50 PM.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Oh, thank you for the welcome home!! :)

I know Bowe's not perfect, and I become frustrated with him at times too, just like some of the other players when I sense they're not giving 100%. Bowe should be more careful. Having weed in possession while speeding in a suburb of KC known for pulling people over...wasn't smart at all.

Thing is...I've no doubt the NFL's staff physicians, encourage players to use weed as a pain killer. I don't smoke it, but I do have many friends who do, and I've nothing against any one for using weed. It's a proven relaxer and pain killer, which is why it's legal in many states for medicinal purposes. Athletes, especially those competing in a contact sport such as pro football, struggle with pain most daily. Weed is a much safer pain killer than legal prescribed meds. It's less addictive than drugs, causes much fewer side effects, alters the brain chemistry less than prescribed meds, too.

The NFL on the surface fines & suspends players using it for sake of public relations, but behind closed doors it's a different story.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast