Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is the NFL manipulated or fixed?

Default Is the NFL manipulated or fixed?

Many various polls of NFL fans are showing as much as 80% majority of NFL fans believe the games are fixed, or manipulated to help favored teams win...such as refs making calls shaving points. What is your opinion, do you think the NFL is manipulated or fixed for higher TV ratings & profits, and/or Vegas odds profiting?

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by NickheadKCAU View Post
    its funny, i was telling a coworker here in OZ, that the bowman strip and recovery, and subsequent fumble, was a 'gentleman's gift', knowing the refs missed it.

had that missed called given seattle the touchdown, you would see more than one man in Pittsburgh filing an injunction!
    Ball don't lie.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Too bad its in the books and you can't re-write history. If people honestly believe the games are rigged, why watch? Unless you're WWE fans then i understand.These questions wouldn't be asked if the chiefs would actually step up in the playoffs and DO SOMETHING. Denver is going to the super bowl, get over it. They might win another and there is nothing we as fans can do except just accept it happen (if it does happen). If the roles were reversed you people would not give a **** at all and denver fans would be crying and you would tell them to shut it and come up with the to say why the 97 and 98 season was okay.GET OVER ITThe only reason why i could say it's rigged is because its a business. They need to make money to make themselves happy, and KC doesn't bring the $$$$$ unless they get a star QB or a guy who can talk some good trash.
    Well, if the NFL refs weren't making so many bad calls, then fans wouldn't be asking these questions. If the NFL didn't profit billions off of TV revenue's, which are greatest the higher the viewer ratings, then there might not be as many questions either. If the NFL opened it's books as the NFLPA & others have tried to legally force them to do, then that might help answer questions too. If there weren't so many congressional hearings related to the NFL being rigged, that might stop some questions. If the Supreme Court had not ruled that since the NFL corporation is registered as a "for entertainment" purposes, rather not registered as for 'professional sports', it doesn't have to abide by the same laws as professional sports when it comes to such things as manipulating the game experience for show...that might stop some questions, also. The only other pro sport related corporation I'm aware of that is registered with the government as 'for entertainment purpose'...and not as a 'professional sport'...is the WWE. :/

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

As far as why watch if one suspects manipulation of outcome...for me personally, the Chiefs entered my life when I was 7 yrs. old in 1963, when my dad became a lifelong fan upon their arrival in KC from Dallas. I don't know a life without the Chiefs being a part of it. Being a Chiefs fan is a way of life for me, literally a part of my identity, or who I am as a person. I don't know how not to be a Chiefs fan. Rigged or not game, being a Chiefs fan is still a lifelong passion of which I can participate in & enjoy as a fan even beyond the game. I attend every home game and tailgate with friends, we create many game day memories, and attend other Chiefs events together, such as Draft Day & camp. I have a lifetime of cherished memories as a Chiefs fan, that don't have any association with whether or not the game was rigged, lost or won. :)

I have a hard time with the notion that the NFL is "rigged" the same way that WWE is. Just not ready to swallow that notion. I am inclined to believe that teams with "star power" quarterbacks get handed a lot of slack from the stupid zebras.

The internet has shown us just how STUPID and BLIND (or maybe just crooked) the Zebras are. The NFL needs to figure out a way to fix the no call/bad call problem and they need to do it quickly. If they don't then the NFL is done and you can stick a fork in it.

I think if refs started getting penalized for lack of calls or bad calls it would straighten them up a little bit. But until you hit them where it hurts, the game is scewed in my opinion.

As I understand it the refs with the highest marks from the NFL during the course of the season get to do playoffs games. The later in the playoffs, the highest mark officials. That's hitting the lower quality refs "where it hurts," the pocket. There is simply no excuse for refs missing stuff like they have been missing in this year's playoffs, unless there is some sort of a deniable and unofficial directive by the NFL to look the other way on certain occasions.

Could always bring the replacement refs back, they helped the chiefs vs the Drew Brees led saints........

I just don't understand why you watch if you honestly believe the NFL tells the refs to turn a blind eye.

I just don't understand why you watch if you honestly believe the NFL tells the refs to turn a blind eye.
    We watch because it's only a guess supported by some very strange circumstances. I for one don't know with certainty.

As for the NFL telling refs to turn a blind eye I'm sure there would be no traceable directive. Subtle hints can be thrown at them in meetings emphasizing how good and profitable for the NFL it would be, for example, to have Peyton Manning in the Super Bowl. Enough for them to get the message without having received an order.

Look, all I am saying is it looks a bit like a duck, and walks like one,....

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    We watch because it's only a guess supported by some very strange circumstances. I for one don't know with certainty.

As for the NFL telling refs to turn a blind eye I'm sure there would be no traceable directive. Subtle hints can be thrown at them in meetings emphasizing how good and profitable for the NFL it would be, for example, to have Peyton Manning in the Super Bowl. Enough for them to get the message without having received an order.

Look, all I am saying is it looks a bit like a duck, and walks like one,....
    Yeah but having tom brady in would of been the same, having the chargers get in the playoffs and get to the super bowl would be a good story, chiefs worst to first would be a good story, Andrew Luck winning his first SB would be good (all those would get good ratings because the NFC team could sell and underdog stories sell in 'murica). To me, complaining about the refs or the nfl telling the refs to do something is just an excuse, its what raiders fans use (the ones i see on other forums), complaining about how the NFL doesn't want the raiders to win anything because they hated al davis.

Flacco was not good for business but still won

Yeah but having tom brady in would of been the same, having the chargers get in the playoffs and get to the super bowl would be a good story, chiefs worst to first would be a good story, Andrew Luck winning his first SB would be good (all those would get good ratings because the NFC team could sell and underdog stories sell in 'murica).

Flacco was not good for business but still won
    Peyton manning is a bigger story than Tom Brady this year, by far. That said, you are arguing with someone who agrees with your position,...somewhat. I do not believe it is scripted. All I am saying is if the opportunity arises to help out a bigger potential story they will. They can't control everything, but they can gently nudge a game result in a certain direction.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast