Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53

Thread: Is the NFL manipulated or fixed?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Default Is the NFL manipulated or fixed?


    0 Not allowed!
    Many various polls of NFL fans are showing as much as 80% majority of NFL fans believe the games are fixed, or manipulated to help favored teams win...such as refs making calls shaving points. What is your opinion, do you think the NFL is manipulated or fixed for higher TV ratings & profits, and/or Vegas odds profiting?

    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,047
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 545
    Given: 747

    Default


    2 Not allowed!
    You already know where I stand as far as this is concerned & it started rearing its ugly head in the late 90's.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Yes I do, Brian aka brdempsey69...as we've recently had this discussion, and we agree, hahaha.

    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,482
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 74

    Default


    2 Not allowed!
    The NFL isn't fixed IMO BUT it's also not a 100% level playing field Stars get calls. If you have a star QB you get calls it's that simple





    • Alex Smith isn't a "star" QB there's no way our O line would get away with this. You can still beat those teams but it isn't a level playing field. It's tilted



  5. #5
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The NFL isn't fixed IMO BUT it's also not a 100% level playing field Stars get calls. If you have a star QB you get calls it's that simple





    • Alex Smith isn't a "star" QB there's no way our O line would get away with this. You can still beat those teams but it isn't a level playing field. It's tilted
    I saw this freeze game photo, as well as many similar, especially in Donkey games, and I must admit, it infuriates me that the refs allow these types of holds when opposing defenses go after Manning in particular. It makes me want to choke hold the refs!

    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    kansas city
    Posts
    2,039
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 46

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    after this i wonder

    trust but verify
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,170
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 228
    Given: 665

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The NFL isn't fixed IMO BUT it's also not a 100% level playing field Stars get calls. If you have a star QB you get calls it's that simple





    • Alex Smith isn't a "star" QB there's no way our O line would get away with this. You can still beat those teams but it isn't a level playing field. It's tilted
    Quoted and shown for truth. But what I think is interesting...It gets handled differently for each team. The Broncos get away with stuff (ref calls/no calls) like this (used to be much worse during the Elway/Shanahan years) and remember when Dan Marino was with the Dolphins they got away with a ton of calls...But the Patriots seemed like they always benefited from rule changes afterwards, especially earlier on in Brady's career.

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,482
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 74

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Quoted and shown for truth. But what I think is interesting...It gets handled differently for each team. The Broncos get away with stuff (ref calls/no calls) like this (used to be much worse during the Elway/Shanahan years) and remember when Dan Marino was with the Dolphins they got away with a ton of calls...But the Patriots seemed like they always benefited from rule changes afterwards, especially earlier on in Brady's career.
    I think the view of the pats is the way it was before spygate because of the tuck rule. That was not a rule change that was just a rare rule. You never knew it was a rule before then.

    I'm going to be very intrested to see how the Pats donks game is called. The two NFL golden boys going at it. I wonder if they will let Denver get away with those holds and the pick plays

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,170
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 228
    Given: 665

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think the view of the pats is the way it was before spygate because of the tuck rule. That was not a rule change that was just a rare rule. You never knew it was a rule before then.

    I'm going to be very intrested to see how the Pats donks game is called. The two NFL golden boys going at it. I wonder if they will let Denver get away with those holds and the pick plays
    Well I was referring moreso to what happened after Pollard took out Tom Brady for the season, and the whole rule about defensive players being able to get back up and make a tackle afterwards, etc etc..

    Guess that if the Broncos/Patriots game goes to pot with calls/no calls tomorrow, we'll find out which QB is viewed as more "golden". The Patriots have never shown any love towards the Broncos, so I won't be surprised to see some fights break out.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,047
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 545
    Given: 747

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Quoted and shown for truth. But what I think is interesting...It gets handled differently for each team. The Broncos get away with stuff (ref calls/no calls) like this (used to be much worse during the Elway/Shanahan years) and remember when Dan Marino was with the Dolphins they got away with a ton of calls...But the Patriots seemed like they always benefited from rule changes afterwards, especially earlier on in Brady's career.
    Exactly why the '97 and '98 seasons don't count as far as having an outright champion -- the heavily tilted playing field just like we've seen with the Donkeys this year. And because of that we don't see games nowadays like the 1990 NFC Championship in the vid below that are real tough physical battles where the QB's really have to take their lumps & everything has to be earned outright.


Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. bowes problems are fixed Webb waived, lelie signs just got the text
    By garciakcfan in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-21-2009, 03:03 AM
  2. MSN - Webcam (fixed)
    By AussieChiefsFan in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-18-2009, 09:42 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •