Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CFL star Dressler likely to sign with Chiefs

Default CFL star Dressler likely to sign with Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    He most likely would fill a slot role. Is he any good with punt returns? If so, I think he may be insurance in case DMC is asking a lot of money to come back here. Then again, this could just be a "lets take a chance and see if he makes the team" type of move.
    Watching some of his highlights vids he was shown returning a few punts. Don't remember any of them going all the way, but he does seem to have good hands so he's not likely to put the ball on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Watching some of his highlights vids he was shown returning a few punts. Don't remember any of them going all the way, but he does seem to have good hands so he's not likely to put the ball on the ground.
    The team seemed hesitant to put him back there just because they didn't want him to get injured. But the few times he did have to return kicks he was always pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    He's tiny, and already 28. They say 27 is the average peak of a pro athlete. Don't know what to think about this. Hoping he is Wes welker?
    Actually it's physical and the stretch ranges for everyone but tends to be from 27 thru 30, maybe 31, after that the mental awareness of many athletes continues to rise barring head injury or other stupidities.
    *** Kansas City Chiefs 2013 - 2014 ***

At 179 lbs who can blame them? I'm hoping for big things from Dressler.

Nothing to lose by signing him. There should be very little risk with possible bigger reward. However, I don't expect anything from him except taking Chad Halls spot but any depth is better than none.

Lets see if he can better Marc Boerighter's rookie season, I think it was 19 catches, 8 TD including a 99 yarder and several special teams fumble recoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12