Thread: List of 2013's most disappointing players: We got one on it.

Default List of 2013's most disappointing players: We got one on it.

17. Dwayne Bowe
    You can blame Alex Smith all you want, but the fact is, it wasn’t just his quarterback holding Bowe back in 2013. Admittedly sluggish — translation: out of shape — Bowe struggled more than he should have against man coverage, and managed just 3.4 yards after every catch. Bowe has never been a YAC dynamo, but that was a half yard off his 2012 mark, a year in which the Chiefs received far worse quarterback play. Bowe has vowed to get into better shape for 2014, and to improve his endurance while getting more “explosive and faster.” That’s easier said than done for a player going on 30.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/most-di...0772--nfl.html

The story of Mr.Bowe. The only thing holding him back is himself. All the talent in the world just hasn't been able to put it together.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The story of Mr.Bowe. The only thing holding him back is himself. All the talent in the world just hasn't been able to put it together.
    It's a shame but very true. It seems like it takes a major off-field problem to wake him up to do a better job. At 68 mil just do the better job without the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I'm a big fan of Bowe. But I do admit he appears to have a bit of Larry Johnson in his attitude. Not quite as bad as Larry, but after the big contract he got lazy. LJ took that art form to the extreme, but Bowe has a chance to leave a KC legacy equal to Otis Taylor's. He needs to come out next year having decided to be Otis, or LJ so this team and the fans can make up their mind about him once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    I'm a big fan of Bowe. But I do admit he appears to have a bit of Larry Johnson in his attitude. Not quite as bad as Larry, but after the big contract he got lazy. LJ took that art form to the extreme, but Bowe has a chance to leave a KC legacy equal to Otis Taylor's. He needs to come out next year having decided to be Otis, or LJ so this team and the fans can make up their mind about him once and for all.
    Nicely put. IF Bowe gets another year with the Chiefs he had better show us something more than he did this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Nicely put. IF Bowe gets another year with the Chiefs he had better show us something more than he did this year.
    Well he has "vowed" to come back more in shape and focused next year. I guess we have to wait and see if he is a man of his word or not. He is at the point of his career where he should be a major team leader on the roster.

The distance between a team leader and a big money leach is on a road paved in a man's heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    The distance between a team leader and a big money leach is on a road paved in a man's heart.
    YUP! The desire to be a true "star" needs to come before the desire for that insanely fat paycheck. If in the player's head it is all about the paycheck then the "star" potential will never be completely fulfilled.

It is time for Bowe to show management and the fans which he is going to be.....a "star" or just another rich guy that didn't live up to his potential.

Maybe he should stay away from the POT, and SONIC late at night in part of Town he has no business being in. That right there may help improve his performance.