Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webnews: Cassel has opted out of his contract

Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Cassel has opted out of his contract

0 Not allowed!
    By Mike Florio
    Vikings quarterback Matt Cassel had until Friday to opt out of the second year of the two-year deal he signed in Minnesota last year.* He opted not to push his decision to the deadline. Per a league source, Cassel already has exercised his right to extinguish the final season of the contract. And so, instead… Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 78

0 Not allowed!
    Cassel good backup bad starter long term. I'm sure he will get anther job
    ​BAN ROY

Thumbs Up
    Received: 257
    Given: 788

0 Not allowed!
    Minnesota is pretty messed up right now. Even if he stayed he'd be playing for another new OC (again) and HC. He'll be one of MANY people leaving the Vikes.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    Matt was given way to much blame for the chiefs season and people need to learn that football is a team sport and a qb needs a team around him Matt did not have that that bad season was more do to the owners not providing a stable coaching staff Matt had 5 oc in 4 years 2 head coaches zero oline help and no defense wr not catching balls when put right in the hands in fact 12 ints off the wr hands and te a coach that looked like he did not want to work or even was awake and with all that Matt took kc to a afc west champs a pro-bowl with all that Matt did not get a fair chance in kc our by the fans for that matter again its a team sport good luck Matt and to the haters Matt burned the bears for almost 400 yards now where is that not good

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by clayschiefs View Post
    Matt was given way to much blame for the chiefs season and people need to learn that football is a team sport and a qb needs a team around him Matt did not have that that bad season was more do to the owners not providing a stable coaching staff Matt had 5 oc in 4 years 2 head coaches zero oline help and no defense wr not catching balls when put right in the hands in fact 12 ints off the wr hands and te a coach that looked like he did not want to work or even was awake and with all that Matt took kc to a afc west champs a pro-bowl with all that Matt did not get a fair chance in kc our by the fans for that matter again its a team sport good luck Matt and to the haters Matt burned the bears for almost 400 yards now where is that not good
    I agree with you in the sense that Cassel got way to much blame. The 2012 season was not going to go anywhere with Romeo as the HC. I said it over and over again on here. I kept hearing "if we had a real QB" that just wasn't true. If we had a real head coach then maybe 2012 could have been something.

That being said. Cassel hasn't proven he's a good QB in the NFL and it was time to move on. I think it was best for Matt to move on as well given the fan reaction to him. Was it "fair" I don't know depends who you ask. Was it the right move? 100% YES it was.
    ​BAN ROY

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by clayschiefs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I agree with you in the sense that Cassel got way to much blame. The 2012 season was not going to go anywhere with Romeo as the HC. I said it over and over again on here. I kept hearing "if we had a real QB" that just wasn't true. If we had a real head coach then maybe 2012 could have been something.

That being said. Cassel hasn't proven he's a good QB in the NFL and it was time to move on. I think it was best for Matt to move on as well given the fan reaction to him. Was it "fair" I don't know depends who you ask. Was it the right move? 100% YES it was.
    Agreed on both accounts. In KC it was a combination of bad front office moves & non-responsive coaching that really took it's toll during Cassel's stay in KC. Cassel might not be a great QB but he was far from horrible. Reid didn't immediately eject Cassel once he got here, which says something. After 2012 KC really needed to start from a blank sheet of paper offensively.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    Hopefully geno doesn't end up in the west..he's a good qb

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Hopefully geno doesn't end up in the west..he's a good qb
    How did we get from Cassel to Geno? LOL

But I saw nothing to be scared of from Geno. I saw nothing to say he can't become a good QB. I saw a rookie have a rookie season.
    ​BAN ROY

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    How did we get from Cassel to Geno? LOL

But I saw nothing to be scared of from Geno. I saw nothing to say he can't become a good QB. I saw a rookie have a rookie season.
    +1. Geno went to a coaching staff that simply is not very good at developing young QB's.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 96
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!
    Um how is geno even related to this topic and even this forum. Hes not a chief. Get over it. Lets not go down that road again. Is mymanhali back?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast