Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Sam from Mizzou is one brave guy

Default Michael Sam from Mizzou is one brave guy

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...ssouri-tigers/

This sadly will turn some teams off from him I'm sure. But if he were to end up a Chief I wouldn't mind it one bit. It takes a lot of guts to do what he did. I admire him 100%
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

At least whoever drafts him is aware of it. I don't agree with it but if he is that is okay also, each to their own. No one should disrespect him because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    At least whoever drafts him is aware of it. I don't agree with it but if he is that is okay also, each to their own. No one should disrespect him because of it.
    I agree. It's really Nobody's business but his own and it has NOTHING to do with football which is what he would be joining a team to do. It should be a non factor IMO
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Very brave indeed, it would be great in a hopefully short amount of time when this isn't breaking news and that its a non issue and isn't thought upon any differently than if he just got a female partner. No matter what they do for a living no one should have to hide their sexuality or feel pressured to hide it.

Typical.. gotta try to get the spot light. Guess they will have to have segregated showers. Less face it for a straight guy if we would take a shower with a bunch of women I'd look..no different for a gay guy in the showers with guys.. why do these people feel the need to announce their b.s.!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Typical.. gotta try to get the spot light. Guess they will have to have segregated showers. Less face it for a straight guy if we would take a shower with a bunch of women I'd look..no different for a gay guy in the showers with guys.. why do these people feel the need to announce their b.s.!!!

Because a gay guy will get turned on by those 300+ lineman. Like the dude is going to make a move IN A SHOWER FULL OF MEN. I'm pretty sure 98% of gay men understand if they tried to make a move in a crowded area on a another guy (hell even a dude making a move on a girl or a girl making a move on a man or woman) it wouldn't turn out good. The worst that will happen is some guy will fantasize about you while he lays in bed.

More power to himt to come out now if it helps, dude may get a lot of sponsors on his side now and make that cash money!!!!
    Last edited by doobs_05; 02-13-2014 at 12:54 PM.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4761724.html

Donte Stallworth besmirched the topic.

It's funny how he killed someone and it wasn't a distraction and it was fine for him to play again, or players beating women, or raping women, or getting DUIs.

But being gay........we're not ready for that lol

They "announce" it because they should not have to hide who they truly are and that includes a persons sexuality. Steps like this need to me made for progress in the future where the aim in society and not just sport is that this sort of thing is not breaking news and that if a person is gay they can be comfortable about that and that they do not feel pressured into hiding their sexuality.

its also much more beneficial all around for Michael Sam to announce this on his terms and not have it leak into the press at a later date if he was found to be with a male partner for example.

There isn't a facepalm meme big enough for all the ignorance in this post.
    "These people...." wtf

Well hey guys I'm straight and love women..let me announce it to the world. Just like stupid Ellen deggenerate!!!
    We don't care if your gay keep it to yourself!!! He's just looking for reasons to sue if he doesn't get drafted or some b.s.!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast