Thread: Jadeveon Clowney

Default Jadeveon Clowney

I know this will never happen, but say Jadeveon Clowny falls to 4-6 position. Would anyone be willing to give up picks (and how much) to move up and get him? I just wish he would have been in last years draft. I think Fischer will be good, but having the top DE to come out of college in the past 10+ years would be nice. Think about the pass rush that could be generated when Clowney, Poe, Houston, and Hali would all be deserving of double teams. Our defense would be so amazing, but again I realize this will never happen since Dorsey would rather have lots of average picks rather than have one really high pick.

What do you guys think?

If it did happen, it would cost a fortune to get up there. You're talking a trade on par with the Atlanta-Cleveland trade (27 to 6) that landed Julio Jones. That trade cost Atlanta 5 draft picks. Atlanta gave up a 1st, 2nd, and 4th in 2011 and a 1st and 4th in 2012 in that trade. Without a 2nd rounder, KC could be looking at about a 1st and 3rd in 2014 and a 1st and 3rd in 2015 and that would be to get to 6. Even if Clowney is the type of player that can make a huge impact, you still lose out what could be 3 additional starters when you talk about giving up those kinds of picks. I wouldn't do it, it is too expensive. If I'm a team sitting in the top 15 with all of my picks in both drafts, then I'd probably make the move since it would likely only cost me a 1st, 2nd, and 1st in 2015 on the higher end.

In any event, I suspect Clowney is going to either Houston or St. Louis and I'm thinking Houston isn't going to pass on that type of talent no matter how bad they might need a QB.

Nope, nope nope. It would cost too much and we have too many needs.

What do you mean IF.... The guy showed character issues last year leaving a huge question with where his heart is. He should have came out last year. He hurt his stock this year.

He wasnt allowed to come out last year because college players have to stay for 3 years and he was only in his 2nd year. I dont know what to think of his lack of production. Before the year started, people were debating whether he should take the entire year off, and then now those same people are slamming him because he didnt produce like he did two years ago.