Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Webnews: Dorsey declines to address whether Fisher is ready to mo

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,194
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 27

    Post Webnews: Dorsey declines to address whether Fisher is ready to mo


    0 Not allowed!
    By Mike Florio
    Our 19 coach and G.M. interviews at the Scouting Combine included a visit with the man who helped turn around a 14-loss team in 2013. Chiefs General Manager John Dorsey talked about the franchise’s impressive rebound, which resulted in an unexpected playoff appearance. The effort to improve the roster included using the first overall pick…
    Read more…

  2. #11
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    547
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I will continue to disagree with Fisher at LT until he proves to me differently. I can't justify sending a guy to LT and say it is just because he playing out of position. While ignoring that his actual performance on the field wasn't worth the draft status.
    Fisher was after all analyzed, predraft, as needing some development in the pros. That pick was all about his upside. Otherwise we would have picked Joeckel who was supposedly more NFL ready but not as much upside.

    Fisher's development (or alleged lack thereof) last year, was further affected by being asked to play out of position. You cannot dismiss that fact. For someone to have played nothing but LT all his life to be asked to play RT is like a fish trying to live on dry land. Even with that, this fish showed signs of progress later in the season. Methinks he'll be fine when switched back to LT. Dorsey didn't give him a top-of-the-draft LT money to put him in as a RT.

  3. #12
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    547
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    As for Albert, I don't think it's a guaranty that he will get the money he wants as a LT in the FA market. It's still possible that he would agree to a LG contract with the Chiefs and move to that position where I think he can have a great career.

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,597
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 336
    Given: 348

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    As for Albert, I don't think it's a guaranty that he will get the money he wants as a LT in the FA market. It's still possible that he would agree to a LG contract with the Chiefs and move to that position where I think he can have a great career.
    I don't think this is likely to happen--he smells the BIG MONEY--but it surely would be nice if it did. He's a good player and he plays hard. If we could keep him on the team for guard money it would be a HUGE win for the team.

  5. #14
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    547
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Likely? No. Probable? Maybe.

  6. #15
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,166
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 140

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    As for Albert, I don't think it's a guaranty that he will get the money he wants as a LT in the FA market. It's still possible that he would agree to a LG contract with the Chiefs and move to that position where I think he can have a great career.
    If we could sign him for an average of 4-5 mil a year, I would jump on that in a heartbeat ... and then decide if Fisher can play LT. If so, maybe if we could get a late 1st or early 2nd for him this year.

    BTW, I don't see this happening at all.

  7. #16
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,417
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 226
    Given: 59

    Default


    2 Not allowed!
    This seems pretty simple to me.

    We don't know if Fisher would be better at LT because he didn't play that position last year. He struggled at RT. Was that because he was playing hurt? because he was playing out of position? or just because he was a rookie learning a position he had never played before? Regardless, he show marked improvement toward the end of the season and will only continue to get better.

    We know Stephenson can play either LT of RT, so here is the obvious solution: Let Fisher compete for the LT job. That is the position he was drafted for and the position he excelled at in high school and college. If he plays LT better than he plays RT, put him at LT. If he doesn't, leave him at RT. Pop Stephenson into whichever position is left.

    Problem solved.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    MatthewsChiefs can't stand MatthewsChiefs

  8. #17
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,597
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 336
    Given: 348

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Exactly my feelings TopekaRoy! Fisher has earned the right to compete for the LT position but that is it. May the best man win!!!

  9. #18
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,370
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 257
    Given: 790

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    This seems pretty simple to me.

    We don't know if Fisher would be better at LT because he didn't play that position last year. He struggled at RT. Was that because he was playing hurt? because he was playing out of position? or just because he was a rookie learning a position he had never played before? Regardless, he show marked improvement toward the end of the season and will only continue to get better.

    We know Stephenson can play either LT of RT, so here is the obvious solution: Let Fisher compete for the LT job. That is the position he was drafted for and the position he excelled at in high school and college. If he plays LT better than he plays RT, put him at LT. If he doesn't, leave him at RT. Pop Stephenson into whichever position is left.

    Problem solved.
    +1. Fisher has earned a chance to compete for LT if he wants it. Same for Stephenson.

  10. #19
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,998
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 4

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    I guess he earned his Roster spot last year and he should compete for LT given his draft status, but if it was not for where we drafted him and his possible potention. Would you all really think he earned the right to move to LT.

    I am not trying to run him out of town, I just fail to see why people think he is better suited at LT over Rt given the facts presented to us from his play. When Donald Stephenson factually proved he is the best option as of right now. That is why Reid is not addressing the issue of moving Fisher to RT, regardless of the situation with Albert.

  11. #20
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    547
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I just fail to see why people think he is better suited at LT over Rt given the facts presented to us from his play.
    Because, LT is ALL he has played all his life.

    We tried him at RT because we couldn't solve the Albert puzzle was was adamant to get LT money. Much to the detriment of the team and Fisher's development.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Webnews: John Dorsey: Eric Fisher needs to get bigger and stronge
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-26-2014, 09:39 AM
  2. Webnews: Eric Fisher being evaluated for concussion
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-04-2013, 05:30 PM
  3. Webnews: “Mild” concussion for Eric Fisher
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-30-2013, 01:35 AM
  4. Webnews: Top pick Fisher on the sidelines this morning
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-12-2013, 03:54 AM
  5. Webnews: Fisher will catch $10 million within five days
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-28-2013, 07:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •