Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Webnews: Dorsey declines to address whether Fisher is ready to mo

Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

Post Webnews: Dorsey declines to address whether Fisher is ready to mo

0 Not allowed!
    By Mike Florio
    Our 19 coach and G.M. interviews at the Scouting Combine included a visit with the man who helped turn around a 14-loss team in 2013. Chiefs General Manager John Dorsey talked about the franchise’s impressive rebound, which resulted in an unexpected playoff appearance. The effort to improve the roster included using the first overall pick…
    Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

1 Not allowed!
    Fisher is most ideally suited to be on the left side. He was out of position last year. He needs to be moved to the left as soon as possible. There is more to switching sides of the line than meets the eye, including power versus quick side dominance, muscle memory, coordination, and so forth. This idea of retaining Albert is ridiculous and I can't wait for it to be over.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 428

0 Not allowed!
    At this point I wish we had sent BA to the damned fish last year for a 3rd and 5th round pick this year. Last year's draft was pretty thin. This years draft appears pretty fat.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5

0 Not allowed!
    If we tag Albert again this year can we try to trade him again like last year. Or if we just let him walk would we get better compensation value picks next year?

Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 4

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KCWildcat3 View Post
    If we tag Albert again this year can we try to trade him again like last year. Or if we just let him walk would we get better compensation value picks next year?
    I don't believe the Chiefs feel tagging Albert is worth the risk of having to pay him the salary and hurting the cap.

Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
    Fisher is most ideally suited to be on the left side. He was out of position last year. He needs to be moved to the left as soon as possible. There is more to switching sides of the line than meets the eye, including power versus quick side dominance, muscle memory, coordination, and so forth. This idea of retaining Albert is ridiculous and I can't wait for it to be over.
    I will continue to disagree with Fisher at LT until he proves to me differently. I can't justify sending a guy to LT and say it is just because he playing out of position. While ignoring that his actual performance on the field wasn't worth the draft status.

Donald Stephenson was an upgrade over Fisher and he was being flipped around from LT and RT during the season. He didn't need an excuse of being out of position when he out performed Fisher. Based on actual factual performance during the game. Stephenson should be slated as the starter at LT way before giving Fisher any consideration. Until Fisher proves me wrong, I cringe at the thought of him moving over to LT.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 276
    Given: 873

0 Not allowed!
    Stephenson's developed into a really good player for us. Have no problem with him taking over at LT or RT.

Fisher started coming along towards the end of the year. He turned Von Miller into a non-factor during the second broncos game. Dorsey seemed really hesitant to answer about him playing LT, but Dorsey's also smart enough to know that the camera was rolling and being watched by other teams as well, why give they any info as to what's going to happen with our O-line.

My guess is that Dorsey is going to get lockjaw from telling everyone "We have converations with _________'s representatives every day". Petersen did the same thing and so did Pioli, too.

Branden Albert might want to consider a florida real estate agency. Right now the Dolphins need him, he'd probably get his best money there.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

0 Not allowed!
    A GM should never try to express his opinion on what is a coach's decision. Whether Fisher plays LT or not is up to Andy Reid, not John Dorsey. I'm happy to see Dorsey didn't overstep his bounds.

Seek, I'm going to disagree with the assertion that Fisher shouldn't move to LT based on last year's performance. Despite playing injured for the entire year, Fisher constantly improved and began to look quite good towards the end of the year. With an offseason to get healthy, and get stronger with NFL trainers, I think we'll see a huge improvement in year two. Stephenson, a high pick in his own right (3rd round), should look a bit better than a rookie given his extra year of training and exposure. I like Stephenson a ton and he should be starting. Going into to 2014, I prefer to see Fisher grow into the LT spot though. We'll have to see what happens, but its good to know that the future at tackle isn't all that bleak.

Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
    A GM should never try to express his opinion on what is a coach's decision. Whether Fisher plays LT or not is up to Andy Reid, not John Dorsey. I'm happy to see Dorsey didn't overstep his bounds.

Seek, I'm going to disagree with the assertion that Fisher shouldn't move to LT based on last year's performance. Despite playing injured for the entire year, Fisher constantly improved and began to look quite good towards the end of the year. With an offseason to get healthy, and get stronger with NFL trainers, I think we'll see a huge improvement in year two. Stephenson, a high pick in his own right (3rd round), should look a bit better than a rookie given his extra year of training and exposure. I like Stephenson a ton and he should be starting. Going into to 2014, I prefer to see Fisher grow into the LT spot though. We'll have to see what happens, but its good to know that the future at tackle isn't all that bleak.
    We will continue to disagree, but the offensive line performed best when Stephenson replaced Fisher. All Fisher proved towards the end of last was that may be a viable RT in this league. He has shown nothing to suggest he will excel at LT. Again, until he proves different I am not willing to jump on board HOPING he can play LT. At this point, he is just a player on the team. Just because he was drafted #1 does not qualify him to take over at LT when Stephenson has shown he is the man for the job.

If he was the most qualified, why didnt the Chiefs Shift Fisher to LT and put Stephenson at RT when Albert got hurt?

Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 428

0 Not allowed!
    I suspect that the determination on whether Stephenson or Fischer plays LT will be made in training camp and pre-season based on how each performs. Reid may have some ideas on which one should be LT but I doubt he is firmly committed one way or the other.

Personally, I'd like to see Fischer take a big step up and turn into what we hoped he was but at this point based on last years performance I think all he has really earned is the right to compete for the job in training camp.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast