Thread: free agency

Default free agency

BIG RED is not big on free agency
    i dont see us making any agressive signings
    we have so many free agents that is what we need to address asap
    asamoah appartently doesnt fit the scheme we run thats a shame cause we will loose a budding star
    schartz is going to get many offers....if we are going to bring him back that has to get done asap
    mccluster maybe let go to test the market ouch he will be of major interest to so many teams i dont think his deal would really take that much 5yrs for 25(ballpark)
    albert i read that dorsey is trying to get a deal worked out(really) 2 years and you dont have it done i dont see it getting done...hope fisher makes MAJOR strides if not alex smith will lead the team in rushing
    t jackson he will be looked at on the market ...i mean teams wont be going crazy to get a deal done with him but there will be interest in him
    just with those 5 players we create a huge void on the roster...a roster that i believed had as much depth as any team in the NFL(if anyone questioned that just look at what our reserves accomplished week 17)
    two things i thought we would have done by now is resigned Eric Berry long term...that would create mucho dollars in cap space...i think his cap # is around 10 million and you have to ask Hali to redo his deal his cap # is in the same ballpark as Berry
    then, you have brandon flowers are they serious about moving him? if we are keeping him in the fold a new contract would save huge money cause brandon is a 10 million cap hit

Next man up... The Chiefs can replace Jackson and Albert. They solve letting Asamoah go by doing Schwartz a long term deal. Fisher was a RT, he can stay there, and Stephenson can do LT. Jeff Allen is the weakest link, Hudson is viewed at least a solid starter(not by me, but PFF). I can see others behind filling from within for the offensive line. On Defense: What has Jackson done but be a journeyman run stopper and not skilled otherwise. Never developed. Next man up and try to sign a pass rusher, or draft him. that is the basic need on the down 3, Poe and DeVito are solid but 1 of the 3 needs to be a pass rusher. Or, do a 2 man deal on one DE, one for basic run stopping defense and a pass rusher. Long term negotiations need occur: Smith, Houston, Berry. I can see Flowers on his way out for a bigger, taller corner... but a F/S that can Roam and play single high. Is that Commings? I think the Chiefs believe it is, but I look for them hiring another similar safety or drafting one. Hali? He is a big cost and his age is now against him. DJ too. The holes they have on Defense otherwise? Johnson to the left side will be the weak link, Jordan gone. Lewis gone. We will see how deep we get with signings and the new additions as we approach OTAs.
    David

hi David
    indeed the NEXT MAN UP
    i like that...t jackson is space eater run stopper sure we can replace that i agree...like keeping core together i am sure jackson will test the free agent waters and probably leave( i sometimes think crazy like we get long term deals done and with money saved on cap sign say demarcus ware)(i know crazy but wouldnt it be something to get a rush for a de in kc)
    ok i just slapped myself and i am reentering the reality zone
    could hudson move back to guard where he played in college? draft say marcus martin in the 3rd to start at center...i like hudson but he seems to get destoyed by the massive nt in the league...he moves really well a Reid trade mark for his guards...i dont like giving schartz longterm deal
    it will be exciting to watch as Dorsey and Reid create our 53 man roster with signings and new additions
    NEXT MAN UP