Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FA Rumors

Default FA Rumors

Local media is reporting that the Chiefs know they have lost, Albert to Miami for a contract in excess of 10 million a year, Asomoah to the Falcons for 4.5 a year, Schwartz to either the Rams or Giants for 4 million a year, McCluster to a variety teams but Cleveland appear to be the front runner with Ray Farmer making the connection.

Akeem Jordan is testing fee agency knowing that N. Johnson is pushing him for his starting spot.

Adam Teicher stated that the Chiefs are looking to build through the draft including players that hey took last year.

Not sure what we will do to replace Tyson Jackson.

Free agency isn't over yet. We could still get some good 2nd tier players in FA and there is always the possibility of a blockbuster trade.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

interesting about the Jordan/ N Johnson situation, N Johnson barely saw the field last year

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    so we've lost starters
    -left tackle
    We have Fisher and Stephenson to fill in the 2 tackle spots. We will need someone for depth, but that can be had easily in the 2nd wave of free agency.

-right guard
    Definitely concerning. Hopefully they have a plan. I feel like drafting a G in the 3rd round would be a step back from Schwartz/Asamoah. Getting someone in the first round feels like we are shortchanging our other needs, like WR, DE, FS.

-punt returner
    Weston Dressler should be able to fill this role well. If not, I read a rumor that we are interested in Devin Hester. PR are not super hard to come by.

-defensive end
    Im interested to see how we fill this hole. Do they want Bailey to step up? Are they looking to the draft?
    backups
    -#3 wide receiver
    Im assuming this hole is going to be filled by Dressler, Hemingway and a soon-to-be-named WR from FA or draft.
    -guard
    Depth is easily had in the 2nd round of FA.
    not a good start, those losses with our existing wholes is to much to fix in the draft alone, might have to take a step back next season with the tougher schedule
    I dont disagree that not signing one of the OGs, we basically created more holes to fix. I wish I had at least heard of us being more active.

Dressler wasn't that great of a return man in the CFL, he was only doing that when the regular guy went down

Supposedly we re-signed Abdullah to a 2 year contract. He is great on ST and is a decent 3rd safety for special coverage packages. Considering that he took a year off, he may have been rusty and could still improve and compete with Commings/Demps?/Draft? for a starting spot. He was a decent starter before he took a year off.

as long as he doesn't play corner, I won't have to have flashbacks of last years playoffs

I just want to say that I am absolutely THRILLED by the direction this new management team has taken the Chiefs, and by their approach to building this franchise back up. Even if the Chiefs had the money, how disgusted would you be with Branden Albert and Tyson Jackson holding $70m worth of your team's contracts? JUST... UGH!! Thank the good lord that Scott Pioli is no longer destroying this franchise!

Reid and Dorsey are doing things the correct way and letting the mediocre FAs sign big contracts with OTHER teams. Albert IS NOT worth that contract and neither is TJ. I'm happy for him that Poili see's so much in him, but instead of Scott admitting failure on the TJ pick, he just basically doubled down on that #3 overall selection by taking him to Atlanta... UNREAL.

Let's get back to building through the draft.

By the way, am I the only one excited to see the Broncos spend a bunch of money on Jared Allen? How awesome would it be for that old guy to tie up a bunch of money for that cap strapped team?? He's not the guy who left KC. Big name, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I just want to say that I am absolutely THRILLED by the direction this new management team has taken the Chiefs, and by their approach to building this franchise back up. Even if the Chiefs had the money, how disgusted would you be with Branden Albert and Tyson Jackson holding $70m worth of your team's contracts? JUST... UGH!! Thank the good lord that Scott Pioli is no longer destroying this franchise!

Reid and Dorsey are doing things the correct way and letting the mediocre FAs sign big contracts with OTHER teams. Albert IS NOT worth that contract and neither is TJ. I'm happy for him that Poili see's so much in him, but instead of Scott admitting failure on the TJ pick, he just basically doubled down on that #3 overall selection by taking him to Atlanta... UNREAL.

Let's get back to building through the draft.
    I agree with building through the draft, its just we dont have the luxury of that many picks this year which is a little unsettling. I think Reid/Dorsey will get things figured out, but they had a big enough hole to fill before they let 3 of our 5 best lineman walk.

Maybe... but they'll have a ton of picks in 2015 by losing all these FAs

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast