Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FA Rumors

Default FA Rumors

Local media is reporting that the Chiefs know they have lost, Albert to Miami for a contract in excess of 10 million a year, Asomoah to the Falcons for 4.5 a year, Schwartz to either the Rams or Giants for 4 million a year, McCluster to a variety teams but Cleveland appear to be the front runner with Ray Farmer making the connection.

Akeem Jordan is testing fee agency knowing that N. Johnson is pushing him for his starting spot.

Adam Teicher stated that the Chiefs are looking to build through the draft including players that hey took last year.

Not sure what we will do to replace Tyson Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    THANK YOU

Also don't forget about Marcus Cooper. He for a time did a damn nice job filling in for Flowers and showed some promise. He hit the rookie wall no doubt and struggled at the end but HE WAS A ROOKIE. That happens.

There is so much doom and gloom right now and I get it. Denver is loading up. But I will say again what they are doing is NOT a proven way to win. During the uncapped year in 2010 so many teams loaded up non of those teams won the superbowl. The Eagles were deemed "dream team" they missed the playoffs. On paper Denver is walking away with the AFC west no question but the games are not played on paper. There are so many things that can happen. We could strike gold in what is a MUCH better draft. Guys like cooper could get better. Our rookies that got hurt can be a part of the team this year. I'm not going to give Denver the west until it's done. This is the NFL. You never know what's going to happen folks.
    Not only was Cooper a rookie he was playing the position for only a second season. A full NFL off season and I think he's a nice piece. Not worried but damn Denver ain't playing around.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Broncos are making a run and we are in side of road not even attempting to fix the blown tire!!! Wth are the chiefs doing!!!
    The Broncos are going to be in a very bad place in a year or two and they are one injury away from wasting a ton of money. They know Peyton only has one more year and they are going all in and will have to blow up the team when he retires to make cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post

Also don't forget about Marcus Cooper. He for a time did a damn nice job filling in for Flowers and showed some promise. He hit the rookie wall no doubt and struggled at the end but HE WAS A ROOKIE. That happens. .
    OR

he could of fell off because he started going up against better teams and not watching qbs like Jeff Tuel, Jason Campbell, Texans back up qb, michael Vick, raiders team that is just in a major rebuild mode, Eli "INT machine" manning, Titans Back up. Everyone else made him his *****

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    OR

he could of fell off because he started going up against better teams and not watching qbs like Jeff Tuel, Jason Campbell, Texans back up qb, michael Vick, raiders team that is just in a major rebuild mode, Eli "INT machine" manning, Titans Back up. Everyone else made him his *****
    I will never understand the demand for a rookie to play like a all pro year 1. It just doesn't happen often. Cooper by no means is a proven guy. But he showed some flashes. He was a rookie who played like a rookie.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    OR

Yes, once the better QBs discovered his weaknesses, all of the others followed suit. Cooper should have been able to adjust after being dismantled in the Denver and SD games. If he cannot adjust and become a better corner right out the gates this year, I think we will have to find a new corner. I also believe this offseason those mistakes will be pounded into his head

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345