Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FA Rumors

Default FA Rumors

Local media is reporting that the Chiefs know they have lost, Albert to Miami for a contract in excess of 10 million a year, Asomoah to the Falcons for 4.5 a year, Schwartz to either the Rams or Giants for 4 million a year, McCluster to a variety teams but Cleveland appear to be the front runner with Ray Farmer making the connection.

Akeem Jordan is testing fee agency knowing that N. Johnson is pushing him for his starting spot.

Adam Teicher stated that the Chiefs are looking to build through the draft including players that hey took last year.

Not sure what we will do to replace Tyson Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Maybe... but they'll have a ton of picks in 2015 by losing all these FAs
    Yeah that is true

Quote Originally Posted by KCWildcat3 View Post
    Looks like interior oline is gunna have to be addressed early in the draft.
    If that's the case we better trade down for extra picks. There is probably not that much difference between the OG we pick at 23 and the one(s) we take in the 2nd round.

By the way, am I the only one excited to see the Broncos spend a bunch of money on Jared Allen?
    They did!? What do you know that? NFL.com and 670 The Score,WSCR-AM Chicago doesn't? I'm listening to the Score right now and they are saying that the Bears are interested in Allen. According to NFL.com, "Allen will visit the Broncos, Ian Rapoport reported. In the meantime, the pass rusher is talking with the Bears and Seahawks." How much did the Broncos spend on him?
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    They did!? What do you know that? NFL.com and 670 The Score,WSCR-AM Chicago doesn't? I'm listening to the Score right now and they are saying that the Bears are interested in Allen. According to NFL.com, "Allen will visit the Broncos, Ian Rapoport reported. In the meantime, the pass rusher is talking with the Bears and Seahawks." How much did the Broncos spend on him?

I wasn't meaning to say it was finalized. Looks like it'll be Ware instead... which, in my opinion is just as poor of a move. Talib for $50m+ will be an Albatross. They're all in at this point. I doubt they think Manning sticks around after '14. That team is going to pay for some of these moves down the road.

I wasn't meaning to say it was finalized. Looks like it'll be Ware instead... which, in my opinion is just as poor of a move. Talib for $50m+ will be an Albatross. They're all in at this point. I doubt they think Manning sticks around after '14. That team is going to pay for some of these moves down the road.
    I just saw it. Wow! 6 years, $57 million, $26 million guaranteed. There is no way that Talib is worth $9.5 million per year. How can the Broncos make these deals when they are paying Manning a gazillion dollars? They will be in salary cap hell for many years to come!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Donks are definitely all in for the next year - two years. I think they are going to blow up after that (when Manning retires and all the guys they have on cheap rookie contracts come begging for more $$.

Also love that the Raiders are spending big $$ on guys that are second tier OL. Granted they have a ton of cap space, but it is always nice to see a competitor shooting themselves in the foot.

I'm happily surprised Golden Tate isn't signed yet but I guess he's got a visit in Detroit coming up. The Jets seem to be the team most prognosticate him towards, I still think he'd be nice opposite Dwayne Bowe with Alex Smith tossing the ball his way. He's a durable blocker, but the draft class at WR is pretty deep this year, I'd put my hopes up to 10%.
    Last edited by KristofLaw; 03-12-2014 at 10:54 AM. Reason: forgotten link
    *** Kansas City Chiefs 2013 - 2014 ***

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Donks are definitely all in for the next year - two years. I think they are going to blow up after that (when Manning retires and all the guys they have on cheap rookie contracts come begging for more $$.

Also love that the Raiders are spending big $$ on guys that are second tier OL. Granted they have a ton of cap space, but it is always nice to see a competitor shooting themselves in the foot.

I actually dislike it. Nothing worse then just beating up on a weak team year after year and when they do get a victory, it bums me out because KC shouldn't lose to a terrible team built like that. Raiders need to get their **** together and build a team so the rivalry is not always one team is better than the other or they both suck and the game has no meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    They will be in salary cap hell for many years to come!
    I think you are on to something here. I think Reid/Dorsey are trying to build a team that can rule the west when the damned donks finally have to pay the piper for the moves they are making now. The donks are going "all in" in an effort to get a Super Bowl while they have the forehead. But they will surely pay a price down the road for what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I think you are on to something here. I think Reid/Dorsey are trying to build a team that can rule the west when the damned donks finally have to pay the piper for the moves they are making now. The donks are going "all in" in an effort to get a Super Bowl while they have the forehead. But they will surely pay a price down the road for what they are doing.
    And if they do win the Super Bowl, fans will be okay with a losing record for 5 years

and will be tied with the raiders for most titles in the afc west

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast