Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: JEEZ! We are being decimated in free agency!

Default JEEZ! We are being decimated in free agency!

Can somebody please find a positive spin to put on this? I'm not too happy right now. :(

I am trying to be positive we can still go after a wr or cb

What do you want to hear? Everyone that we have lost with exception to maybe Schwartz was a liability at their position and was way over paid. Are you wanting us to over spend on othe players that we don't have the cap money for.

Brandon Albert can't finish a season from some sort of different injury every year and seems to be on the ground hurt at least once a game. I can't recall many games where Albert was not on the ground for at least one play. Do you really want that one average LT tying up 10% of your salary cap when you require a back up.

Tyson Jackson should have been cut outright a couple years ago but givin his draft status was given chance after chance and all he proved out to be was a serviceable player that made some good plays, but was easily blocked on most.

Big Jon. I was very high on him when we drafted him and loved what I saw from his rookie year but he regressed each year becoming a liability up the middle. He did not look very fluid or mobile which often got him beat in stunts. He was not missed at all in the San Diego game when the back ups played but that is where Schwarz will be missed however. The guard is one position I am concerned with replacing.

McCluster - Other than kick returns his position as a Receiver would never warrant the contrat TN gave him. And believe it or not, our return production did not decrease when McCluster was not back there. He does have play making abilities but also goes down very easy while others get extra yards after contact.

G. Schwartz was signed for like 600K last year which was a great signing. There will be another low risk type of guy we can sign for depth. I have a feeling the Chiefs may think they have that guy already on the roster.

The only issue I have with us losing players, is not the quality of the player. I could care about losing any of these guys. It is the Quantity and team chemistry I am worried about. We have to find depth somewhere.

It has been a tough 24 hours for Chiefs fans. I personally didn't think we should spend $9mm/yr on a left tackle(Albert) when we drafted one with the 1st overall pick last year. Asamoah was hot/cold during his time here so I understand letting him walk as well. While I really liked Dexter, it would have been very tough to keep him on this team because of the salary cap situation we are in. The loss of Tyson Jackson hurts but he can be replaced for less money. That leaves Schwartz. I really wish we would have found a way to keep him but again it was a salary cap restraint.
    We have a ton of big money contracts in this team(Bowe, Charles, flowers, Hali, Johnson, etc). There were going to cap casualties. We need Dorsey to draft well this year and especially next.
    We are expected to get as many as 4 compensatory picks in 2015 as a result of these 5 free agent losses. This will allow us a lot maneuvering in next years draft and potentially this one. I hope we get another good cb and safety early in the draft. This is supposed to very deep draft for wr's so we may be able to get something decent in the 3rd or 4th round. Sign another DE in free agency to replace Tyson Jackson. Stephenson will step into a starting role this year at right tackle.
    Things aren't so bleak. Change is inevitable. We lost guys that wanted huge money. They weren't going to get it in KC so they had to move on.

Next man up.

I get what you people are saying, but there arent any player in this FA that is a good fit for us?

And about the donks, this season is the last hope for Peyton, theyre really doing all in for him huh!!

And agaaain and again, im not and english talker so, be patience for my way to write hahaha

Don't like being negative but there is absolutely no chance we are winning the west next year, the moves Denver have made they will walk the division.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis_Chiefs View Post
    Don't like being negative but there is absolutely no chance we are winning the west next year, the moves Denver have made they will walk the division.
    everyone said that about Philly a few years back they didn't make the playoffs. These "dream teams" that The donkeys are putting together often turn into a nightmare. It looks bad for us now but the season is anther story and that's what matters
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    It has been a tough 24 hours for Chiefs fans. I personally didn't think we should spend $9mm/yr on a left tackle(Albert) when we drafted one with the 1st overall pick last year. Asamoah was hot/cold during his time here so I understand letting him walk as well. While I really liked Dexter, it would have been very tough to keep him on this team because of the salary cap situation we are in. The loss of Tyson Jackson hurts but he can be replaced for less money. That leaves Schwartz. I really wish we would have found a way to keep him but again it was a salary cap restraint.
    We have a ton of big money contracts in this team(Bowe, Charles, flowers, Hali, Johnson, etc). There were going to cap casualties. We need Dorsey to draft well this year and especially next.
    We are expected to get as many as 4 compensatory picks in 2015 as a result of these 5 free agent losses. This will allow us a lot maneuvering in next years draft and potentially this one. I hope we get another good cb and safety early in the draft. This is supposed to very deep draft for wr's so we may be able to get something decent in the 3rd or 4th round. Sign another DE in free agency to replace Tyson Jackson. Stephenson will step into a starting role this year at right tackle.
    Things aren't so bleak. Change is inevitable. We lost guys that wanted huge money. They weren't going to get it in KC so they had to move on.

Next man up.
    Quoted for truth. Change was coming, sooner or later.

Personally I think Dorsey is being patient, and letting the media do it's thing of telegraphing other teams' punches when it comes to roster management.

Denver is spending money like it's tapwater. Let 'em. There's going to be a fallout from all that money blown on Manning, Welker, Talib & Ware. Not to mention a huge red flag to get investigated by the league office, concerning all the money spent under the table to make rosters like that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Can somebody please find a positive spin to put on this? I'm not too happy right now. :(
    First of the year... chicken little.jpg

This team was going to take a step back from last year's record. You have to know that. Dorsey and the Chiefs are letting this first couple waves of free agents set the market and then they'll be signing bargain players. We'll gain a ton of picks in 2015. Without publicly holding a press conference, the Chiefs basically announced they are going to concentrate on building the team rather than selling out the future for quick success. You want to build a sustainable winner? You do that through the draft and not through free agency. Accumulate picks and young/cheap talent. The peak years of Charles/Hali/DJ/Bowe/Albert/TJ/Dorsey have been wasted by the Pioli regime and horrible coaching. As much as Chiefs fans don't want to hear it, it's about time for management to re-invest themselves into young talent again. This current era of players have wasted their talents on a losing team. If re-building is in mind, they probably shouldn't have signed Bowe to that contract and should probably be looking to trade their elite assets like Charles and Derrick Johnson for some draft picks.

I don't know if they're actually in full-blown re-build mode, but you have to believe this new management team is doing some house cleaning that probably needs to be done in order to build a perennial winner like what they had in Green Bay and Philly.

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    First of the year... chicken little.jpg

This team was going to take a step back from last year's record. You have to know that. Dorsey and the Chiefs are letting this first couple waves of free agents set the market and then they'll be signing bargain players. We'll gain a ton of picks in 2015. Without publicly holding a press conference, the Chiefs basically announced they are going to concentrate on building the team rather than selling out the future for quick success. You want to build a sustainable winner? You do that through the draft and not through free agency. Accumulate picks and young/cheap talent. The peak years of Charles/Hali/DJ/Bowe/Albert/TJ/Dorsey have been wasted by the Pioli regime and horrible coaching. As much as Chiefs fans don't want to hear it, it's about time for management to re-invest themselves into young talent again. This current era of players have wasted their talents on a losing team. If re-building is in mind, they probably shouldn't have signed Bowe to that contract and should probably be looking to trade their elite assets like Charles and Derrick Johnson for some draft picks.

I don't know if they're actually in full-blown re-build mode, but you have to believe this new management team is doing some house cleaning that probably needs to be done in order to build a perennial winner like what they had in Green Bay and Philly.

Just saying.
    The players we lost are not difference makers. All those holes are easily filled IMO. Stephenson is already as good as Albert. Davis is an explosive returner. I'm sure we can fill DMCs WR position no problem. TJ was our weakest DL man, that won't take very much to replace. So the only real hole we have is at Guard. Not a huge problem in my eyes

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast