Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: JEEZ! We are being decimated in free agency!

Default JEEZ! We are being decimated in free agency!

Can somebody please find a positive spin to put on this? I'm not too happy right now. :(

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    The X factor, Dante Hall, where is he and what has he done after leaving the Chiefs? DMC is the same type of player, I hope he banks his money. They are great at what they do, but not sustainable for need in roster spots. Why spend on flash, when need is more. Need is a WR that will catch a pass needed. The goal is to not need a special teams td.
    WR is a HUGE need on this team. Fortunately for us, this year's draft is really deep with good recievers.

What concerns me is that for every player that has left, the Chiefs have either replaced them with someone worse or not all. Jordan > Mays. TJ > Vance Walker. Schwartz or Asomoah > Linkenbach. McCluster > ??? Demps > ???

I know KC wants to build through the draft, as they should. Its going to be hard minus the second R2 spent for Alex Smith.

On paper, this team looks worse than last year's, especially the OL. None of the big ticket contracts were re-negotiated. Garbage like Fasano and Avery are still here.

Any significant opportunity to improve this team via FA has passed. This all with the NFC West looming on next year's tougher schedule.

7-9 next year...guaranteed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    7-9 next year...guaranteed!!!
    What did you expect them to do with the cap number they had?

Play GM for me, entertain me, i want to know what you would of done differently. (My prediction right now is 7-9 until that defense shows it can change)

well we tried to get Sanders at least. And sure I would have loved some of those high profile free agents. But, I've seen teams do that before and fail miserably. For example, a few years ago Andy Reid's Eagles signed all sorts of high profile free agents and didn't do that well. I'm not worried, I never thought we would win much next year with our schedule and the division as it is anyways.

anyone care to try and calculate how many compensatory picks we will have in 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    anyone care to try and calculate how many compensatory picks we will have in 2015?
    I can only make an educated guess because the FA's the Chiefs lost have yet to establish anything in their new surroundings. But, I will guess that the Chiefs get at least 3 ( the max a team can get is 4 ).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345