Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's time to trade Charles

Default It's time to trade Charles

Now I know I know I'm crazy. But here me out here.

This team isn't going to be able to compete with Denver trading Charles would get this team at least a 1st round pick in addition to the pick that we have. This allows us to build a team for when Peyton is done in Denver.

Things to keep in mind

Charles is a RB. The lifespan of a RB gets shorter and shorter in todays NFL. And seeing how Charles is coming off the an amazing year so his value is at it's peek. The time is now to make the move.

In the short term it does hurt the team but this team isn't going to be winning in the short term anyway so it's time to make the move

and...................................

April fools

​Now let the hate begin :) just had to do it lol
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Good one.

And while we're at it, lets trade our 1st round pick to Miami so we can reacquire our "top 5" LT, even though we are already replacing him with a guy drafted #1 overall that has a better physical skillset and given time could become a true top-5 LT.

Yep every year someone wants attention. Knew it was crap from the very get go. You would have been better of saying the Chiefs signed D. Jackson after cutting some highly paid player.

Matthewschiefs was joking, but there is a guy on facebook (I'll call him "Jason") who thinks we should trade Charles, Hali, Bowe and Flowers for draft picks so these new guys have all developed by the time Peyton retires.

I think we can compete with the Donkos BEFORE Peyton retires!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Matthewschiefs was joking, but there is a guy on facebook (I'll call him "Jason") who thinks we should trade Charles, Hali, Bowe and Flowers for draft picks so these new guys have all developed by the time Peyton retires.

What is "Jason"s opinion on Alex Smith :)
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post

I've seen a guy on facebook named Ryan, who refuses to watch the Chiefs games because the Chiefs didn't take a QB with the #1 overall pick, continually calls Alex Smith a backup & continually tries to make an assessment of Alex even though he didn't watch any of the Chiefs games.

Ryan continually posts with the stupid obsession about drafting a QB in the 1st round and I've told him "don't go sticking your finger up your arse waiting for the Chiefs to take a QB in round 1, because your finger is liable to get stuck there permanently" and I also told this derelict about the Chiefs history of being ZERO for 17 drafting QB's since 1970. He's so obsessed with his hatred for Alex Smith that he won't watch the Chiefs games & really try to make a fair assessment of Alex, whom we know is a quality QB and showed in the post-season that he can play championship-caliber football.

Speaking of the Donkos, when Manning has to leave the field via either retirement or injury, they are going to be in trouble. The Donks have never had any success drafting QB's ( Elway doesn't count, as he was drafted by the Colts and then traded for ). In fact, Tebow may have accomplished more than any QB they've ever drafted in his short time there in Donkeytown. The fall is going to be hard and the thud is going to be loud when Manning leaves the field.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Speaking of the Donkos, when Manning has to leave the field via either retirement or injury, they are going to be in trouble. The Donks have never had any success drafting QB's ( Elway doesn't count, as he was drafted by the Colts and then traded for ). In fact, Tebow may have accomplished more than any QB they've ever drafted in his short time there in Donkeytown. The fall is going to be hard and the thud is going to be loud when Manning leaves the field.
    Trouble is they'll have accomplished more in his short time there than KC has in 40 years. I'd say it was worth it if I were them. I wish he had come here. If KC weren't second or third rate, maybe he would have.
    ...in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Now I know I know I'm crazy. But here me out here.

This team isn't going to be able to compete with Denver trading Charles would get this team at least a 1st round pick in addition to the pick that we have. This allows us to build a team for when Peyton is done in Denver.

Things to keep in mind

Charles is a RB. The lifespan of a RB gets shorter and shorter in todays NFL. And seeing how Charles is coming off the an amazing year so his value is at it's peek. The time is now to make the move.

In the short term it does hurt the team but this team isn't going to be winning in the short term anyway so it's time to make the move

and...................................

April fools

​Now let the hate begin :) just had to do it lol
    John Elway probably has JC's agent on speed dial, as we speak....

This regime is too committed to winning right now. If they were sold on rebuilding, trading Charles, Hali, and DJ wouldn't really be that bad of an idea. You could get 2 or 3 first rounders from trading that group along with a bunch of 3rd-7th round picks to go along with all the compensatory picks we'll get next year and this team could get loaded with good, young, affordable talent in a hurry.

I just don't think the fan base would tolerate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    Trouble is they'll have accomplished more in his short time there than KC has in 40 years. I'd say it was worth it if I were them. I wish he had come here. If KC weren't second or third rate, maybe he would have.
    What's working against them is that no QB that has won a SB with one team has gone on to win a SB with a second team. They may have accomplished more, but it ain't going to last & they'll be going nowhere but down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast