Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: If the Chiefs could bring in Jackson...

Default If the Chiefs could bring in Jackson...

Assuming he gets released and we can restructure his deal. I would love for us to work out a trade to later in the first round and take th best guard available. Then with our trade back pick take a pass rusher or wide receiver. And then in the third take the other.

I think even if we trade back out of the first to get more picks like a high 2nd and a 3rd maybe another we would be in great shape. There will be some great players available at the top of the second round.

Quote Originally Posted by KCWildcat3 View Post
    Assuming he gets released and we can restructure his deal....
    If he gets released we don't have to "restructure his deal." He would be a free agent and could go to the highest bidder. The Eagles are trying to trade him because he won't restructure his contract. If he gets released he will probably have to settle for a little less than the $10.5 million he is scheduled to make this season, but some team is sure to offer him far more than the $4.9 million that the Chiefs have in cap space.

He's not coming to KC. The Chiefs don't have the money.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Fat chance of Jackson being released & the Eagles getting nothing in return. This would needlessly cripple their Offense. Common sense would indicate that it would be better served for the Eagles to keep him and continue paying him and maintain the downfield threat that he's brought to their Offense for years and he did catch 82 passes for 1332 yards and 9 TD's last season. You don't release that type of player and get nothing in return.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Fat chance of Jackson being released & the Eagles getting nothing in return. ...
    I agree with you 100% but that is not what is being reported. According to RotoWorld ...

The New York Daily News' Manish Mehta reports DeSean Jackson is unwilling to restructure his $10.5 million salary to expedite a trade, and may ultimately be released by the Eagles.

"Philly is trading him or cutting him. That's a fact," a source told Mehta. "They don't want him." Cutting Jackson would save $6.5 million against the 2014 cap, and perhaps more importantly, shave roughly $11 million off Philly's 2015 salary cap commitments. The Eagles would obviously much rather trade Jackson, but his unwillingness to restructure and the Eagles' intent to cut him make a trade increasingly unlikely. The Jets and Panthers would lead the chase if/when Jackson is released. San Francisco and Seattle are also reportedly interested. (source)
    It makes no sense to me ...
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 03-24-2014 at 03:44 PM.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

TopekaRoy, I've read somewhere on NFL.com that Chip Kelly told Jackson that he wasn't going anywhere. I'll guess we'll have to wait and see, but it makes no sense whatsoever to me for Philly to part ways with him at this stage, as they are very thin at WR behind him and Cooper. I know for a fact that Philly fans want him to stay and rightfully so.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 03-24-2014 at 03:54 PM.

If he gets released..... Say hello to the newest Bronco!
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MissingTBone View Post
    If he gets released..... Say hello to the newest Bronco!
    Ugghhh. There needs to be a downvote option. Or at least a "this post almost made me puke onto my keyboard" option.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Ugghhh. There needs to be a downvote option. Or at least a "this post almost made me puke onto my keyboard" option.
    RRRRAALLLLLLLLPPPHHHHHHH!!!!

But, I don't believe the Donks will sign Jackson with already having signed Sanders. It'll be most likely the Jets or NE.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    TopekaRoy, I've read somewhere on NFL.com that Chip Kelly told Jackson that he wasn't going anywhere. I'll guess we'll have to wait and see, but it makes no sense whatsoever to me for Philly to part ways with him at this stage, as they are very thin at WR behind him and Cooper. I know for a fact that Philly fans want him to stay and rightfully so.
    I read that as well. IIRC Kelly had told Jackson "Not to worry". But the next day I read that Jackson's agent had denied the story was true. So there are conflicting reports.

Apparently both sides have kissed and made up.

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports DeSean Jackson texted and called a few teammates on Tuesday to inform them that he'll be back with the Eagles in 2014.

Early Tuesday morning, Jackson tweeted that he spoke with coach Chip Kelly: "Good to Talk to BIg Chip today !! Say or hear what ya want !!" It's reportedly the first time the two have spoken since the end of the season, and it appears the Eagles and/or Jackson may have had a change of heart regarding the situation in Philly. We doubt Jackson has agreed or will agree to a pay cut, but the Eagles, who are in win-now mode, may put up with their outspoken receiver for another season. Coach Kelly will speak with the media on Wednesday.

Source Philly Inquirer
    ...in my opinion

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast