Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Elway's a fool for signing some FA's he has...

Default Elway's a fool for signing some FA's he has...

Yep, that's right. I think Elway's a fool for signing Ware and Talib in particular. I'm not alone, several pro analyst articles I've read have more or less said the same...the signings were "risky".

I don't know why some Chiefs fans are worried and think the donkey signings were so great. Below is a quote from one pro analyst:

"Ware was just released by the Dallas Cowboys Tuesday afternoon at the official start of the NFL free-agent period: the team didn't want to carry his $16 million salary cap figure for the 2014 season. Ware turns 32 before the start of the season, was hampered by quad injuries and finished with a career low six sacks in a career low 13 games."

I don't know why some think the signing of Talib was all that great, either. The quote below is from another NFL pro analyst giving thoughts on the donkey's latest signings:

"Talib is a risk, too. He's had hip injuries and also incurred some off field issues, which ran him out of Tampa Bay just a few years ago. Plus, last we saw of him he was being taken out in the playoff game by the Bronco' Wes Welker on a play Bill Belichick called one of the dirtiest he had ever seen. Clearly, Talib has forgotten, or was charmed by dollar signs, whatever."

The donkey's signed two injury prone aging players. One of which has had off field issues, too, and another coming off his worst career year ever, and they spent $87 million to sign those two "risky" players. I don't call that making "great" moves on Elway's part, rather, call it foolish.

Elway's ego has more to do with who he's signing than any other factor. He's trying to make a media splash because his ego LOVES the attention, but he's also trying to redeem himself & the franchise after their pathetic humiliating Super Bowl loss. He's really not that smart of a GM.

He's been signing aging injury prone players, including Manning, at the end of their careers chasing one Super Bowl win, that's it. He's trying to build a one year SB winning team. He's not preparing for the future, nor for a team that can compete consistently for consecutive seasons. Hey, maybe it's worth it to some, but I'd rather have a wise GM like Dorsey, who builds more through the draft, homegrown young and healthy players who can compete for years to come, and win consistently and for more than one season. I want a Dorsey & Reid dynasty, like Green Bay & the Pats built...not a one year contender.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    I just think it's dumb to keep being mad about 98, if anything be mad that Tony G's TD was not called. I bet there is so is a ton of cheating in the NFL that doesn't come out. It's a business, whoever brings in the most the most money will get the calls.

Be mad at the NFL, not a team.
    Not with everything that went on at that time, although you do make a good point about Tony G's TD not being called, but there was a whole lot more that went down both those years.

And it is the team, in this case the Donkeys, to be blamed first and foremost, and the league 2nd for going along with it & the truth should be continually exposed. Nowadays, because of the the Donkeys being given those 2 SB's, we hear and see stupid stuff posted all over the web like "Elway is the best QB to ever play", as though Elway being given a going-away present automatically rewrites history & catapults Elway to "best ever", which is a total crock of BS.

You say "it's dumb to keep being mad about 98", but the reality is, there's nothing dumb at all about exposing the truth and setting record straight -- IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO -- regardless of whether you want to believe it or not.

You also say "I bet there is so is a ton of cheating in the NFL that doesn't come out", but that doesn't make it right for any team to get away with obvious cheating that every eye can see, while the officials on the field blatantly ignore it. I saw multiple posts by Seahawks fans after their SB win on NFL.com pointing out that the Donkeys should have called for at least 6 more holding calls than what they were & when you consider the Hawks won in dominating fashion and yet are pointing this out, then something isn't right. You tell me, are the Hawks fans whining or simply telling it like it is?

New to the thread. New to the forum. I think Elway is doing exactly as he should. His team is in an entirely different state than our Chiefs. He needs to improve his defense and has done so, on paper, that is. He has a two year window to get this done before starting over. And he had cap room KC did not.

KC did not win an AFC Championship. We are not a player or two away. This thing is just getting started here. There's no sense throwing caution to the wind.

I really don't worry about what DEN or some other team does.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Not with everything that went on at that time, although you do make a good point about Tony G's TD not being called, but there was a whole lot more that went down both those years.

And it is the team, in this case the Donkeys, to be blamed first and foremost, and the league 2nd for going along with it & the truth should be continually exposed. Nowadays, because of the the Donkeys being given those 2 SB's, we hear and see stupid stuff posted all over the web like "Elway is the best QB to ever play", as though Elway being given a going-away present automatically rewrites history & catapults Elway to "best ever", which is a total crock of BS.

You say "it's dumb to keep being mad about 98", but the reality is, there's nothing dumb at all about exposing the truth and setting record straight -- IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO -- regardless of whether you want to believe it or not.

You also say "I bet there is so is a ton of cheating in the NFL that doesn't come out", but that doesn't make it right for any team to get away with obvious cheating that every eye can see, while the officials on the field blatantly ignore it. I saw multiple posts by Seahawks fans after their SB win on NFL.com pointing out that the Donkeys should have called for at least 6 more holding calls than what they were & when you consider the Hawks won in dominating fashion and yet are pointing this out, then something isn't right. You tell me, are the Hawks fans whining or simply telling it like it is?
    They could be whining, they could be right. I remember it was the norm here after every game "did you see Hali get held on that play" (except when he went against Jake Long (miami, now STL) and Joe Thompson (Cleveland) dudes just outworked him). I hear it a the bar from every fan "THAT WAS A HOLD AND THEY DON'T CALL IT!". You have to realize, you have the ability (maybe if you have tivo or whatever) to pause, rewind and check to see (and if you recorded the game it's way easier), you have a sort of birds eye view on the field. I've never reffed a game so i have no clue how hard it is to look at the whole line and make sure everything is in order. The holding calls will never be 100% called, ever, if they were, games would be boring and NFL would lose revenue. It will never change, top QB (Manning, Rodgers, Brady, Brees and soon to be, if they keep it up, Wilson, Kaep, and Luck) will get the calls. Offense and high scoring = $$$$$$$$$$, defense and low scoring = $$

Every NFL board i've ever been on, it is a very low percent that called Elway the best (Elway was the best bronco QB ever), I always see him in the top 10, sometimes top 5. Even the broncos fans here (hometown) are not that dumb to say that, they witnessed Montana rip their team apart. But again, it's how you rank the QB, is rings the number one thing, are stats, is it the team he had surrounding him?

The only time i have ever thought in sports a team got really REALLY cheated out of a title shot (because if KC won, they still needed to play 2 more games, right? Jets and Falcons? or am i thinking another year, and hell maybe Minnesota beats ATL. That Minnesota team was so good.) ...got off track for a sec., Sac. Kings losing to the Lakers in game 6 of the WCF.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    New to the thread. New to the forum. I think Elway is doing exactly as he should. His team is in an entirely different state than our Chiefs. He needs to improve his defense and has done so, on paper, that is. He has a two year window to get this done before starting over. And he had cap room KC did not.

KC did not win an AFC Championship. We are not a player or two away. This thing is just getting started here. There's no sense throwing caution to the wind.

I really don't worry about what DEN or some other team does.
    Welcome, and you're right. Chiefs need more to get to that next step, maybe this draft class will step up day 1 and launch them to the next phase. Have to wait til the season starts to get a real feel of what is going to happen

They could be whining, they could be right. I remember it was the norm here after every game "did you see Hali get held on that play" (except when he went against Jake Long (miami, now STL) and Joe Thompson (Cleveland) dudes just outworked him). I hear it a the bar from every fan "THAT WAS A HOLD AND THEY DON'T CALL IT!". You have to realize, you have the ability (maybe if you have tivo or whatever) to pause, rewind and check to see (and if you recorded the game it's way easier), you have a sort of birds eye view on the field. I've never reffed a game so i have no clue how hard it is to look at the whole line and make sure everything is in order. The holding calls will never be 100% called, ever, if they were, games would be boring and NFL would lose revenue. It will never change, top QB (Manning, Rodgers, Brady, Brees and soon to be, if they keep it up, Wilson, Kaep, and Luck) will get the calls. Offense and high scoring = $$$$$$$$$$, defense and low scoring = $$
    Could be? You aching Aunt Fannie! Common sense should tell you that if it's being pointed out by Hawks fans, even with the Hawks winning by dominating from start to finish, then they are telling the truth. How could you possibly have that sail over your head?

As for having the ability to have tivo, replay, etc. go look again at the pic CJ posted & you will clearly see the damn ref doesn't need that & it is easy to see that the blatant holding is happening right in front of his face at point-blank range & you keep ignoring the fact that if that's any other 31 teams doing that, then that ref is going to throw the flag & why you continually sidestep that by saying things like "holding calls will never be 100%", is what I'm failing to understand. Everybody and their brother is aware that holding calls are going to be seen 100% by the officials.

And Elway is not the best Bronco QB ever. He forfeited that title when he brought Manning on board.

Could be? You aching Aunt Fannie! Common sense should tell you that if it's being pointed out by Hawks fans, even with the Hawks winning by dominating from start to finish, then they are telling the truth. How could you possibly have that sail over your head?

As for having the ability to have tivo, replay, etc. go look again at the pic CJ posted & you will clearly see the damn ref doesn't need that & it is easy to see that the blatant holding is happening right in front of his face at point-blank range & you keep ignoring the fact that if that's any other 31 teams doing that, then that ref is going to throw the flag & why you continually sidestep that by saying things like "holding calls will never be 100%", is what I'm failing to understand. Everybody and their brother is aware that holding calls are going to be seen 100% by the officials.

And Elway is not the best Bronco QB ever. He forfeited that title when he brought Manning on board.

Because that's one picture CJ posted, one hold doesn't mean always holding. And yes every team holds. Chiefs have held on the plays that weren't called (Chiefs vs saints, i think it was albert who held the guy for charles to break loose for that 90 yard td run). I'll never believe every holding call is picked up on every team except the broncos....never. And yes Elway Bronco career > Peyton's Bronco Career.

And if that hold was a Pats, Packers, or Saints o-lineman, no it wouldn't be called.

Been here since 2008, yep totally came out right now, my plan has camefull circle, good try tho.
    That's not a denial. Given the fact that you rarely if ever have said anything complimentary towards the Chiefs, have a picture of an former broncos QB's g/f as an avatar pic, make a bunch of Broncos-supporting posts, and will make some little crack that you know will tick Chiefs fans off, are you surprised that I would come to the conclusion that you're a Donks fan, and simply ask why you're here?

Yeah it says they'll be fine but doesnt say anything about how they'll go and win super bowls afterwards, nice try.
    Lame. You posted it, you own it.

Because that's one picture CJ posted, one hold doesn't mean always holding.
    Nobody said ALWAYS holding. Where the hell are you deriving that from? What's being said is multiple instances that are blatantly being ignored TOO often & even Seahawks fans pointed that out in the SB. The Hawks got called for twice as many holding penalties as the Donks and the refs didn't have any problems seeing the Hawks do it or have any problem throwing their flags. CJ's pic wasn't just a one-time occurrence, it happened way too many times throughout the season for anybody to keep count of it.

And yes every team holds.
    Well no joke, Captain Obvious. The difference is the other 31 teams do not have it blatantly ignored at the horrific rate that the Donkeys did last year. They get flagged for it. And I meant to say "Everybody and their brother is aware that holding calls are not going to be seen 100% by the officials" but I made a typo error and forgot to put the word "not" in that sentence in my previous post.

Chiefs have held on the plays that weren't called (Chiefs vs saints, i think it was albert who held the guy for charles to break loose for that 90 yard td run).
    And I pointed that out & acknowledged that right here on this very forum in the neighborhood of about a year ago that Albert got away with one and could have been flagged.

I'll never believe every holding call is picked up on every team except the broncos....never.
    Believe whatever you want. My analysis of the Donkeys getting away with it blatantly more than the other 31 teams still stands & I watch the games via NFL Game Rewind and the overhead camera doesn't lie in that regard.

And yes Elway Bronco career > Peyton's Bronco Career.
    Correction. Elway has a longer career as a Donkey than Manning. But, Elway was never close to being as prolific playing QB for the Donkeys during any of his 16 seasons as Manning was in 2012 or 2013.

And if that hold was a Pats, Packers, or Saints o-lineman, no it wouldn't be called.
    You're totally full of s**t, there, and you have nothing to substantiate that statement. I know those teams would have gotten flagged for it & I know that I could go back and watch their games and probably never see holding calls being blatantly ignored at the rate the Donkeys holding calls were being blatantly ignored.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 03-18-2014 at 07:25 PM.

They don't have it wrapped up, NE has the better team, IF they can get some more WR help, then it's the smart team to pick to win the afc. Maybe Indy can finally take that next step and be up there. Baltimore needs a better run game next season to finally get up there, IF steve smith can produce like he did in the past with the Panthers, that would take pressure off Ray(that's if he plays after those videos surfaced) and can get back to form. KC has that defense to address and the o-line will be a wait and see what happens. SD is just too...inconsistent. They beat great team but play down to terrible teams. Cincy with Andy Dalton is going no where, but maybe he'll prove his doubters wrong finally.

I think (as of right now, with no draft and not seeing teams on the field, it's either NE or Den who take the AFC, who ever gets homefiled has it, but that can change with the draft and after the 4 preseason games.

But as always, wait and see til the season starts
    The Pats still have their biggest problem on offense no WR help. There TE is often injured so they still have that major problem. So I can't say I think they have gotten much better this offseason. But they could find a gem in the draft. It's still very early in the offseason.

Because when anybody calls Denver out on something, he defends them tooth, fang, and claw in the very same fashion Donkeys fans do, that's why.

Notice all the stupid .gif images that he's posted repeatedly, when some of us have discussed how the Donkeys SB's in '97 and '98 were tainted. Or his retarded comments like "all teams get away with holding", when the pictorial evidence was put right in front of his ugly face showing the type of choke-holding right in front of the official that none of the other 31 teams get away with, except the Donkeys. Only a Donkeys fan would defend that in that manner & if he's not a Donkeys fan, then what's the purpose of him defending that which is really can't be defended with anything other than stupid statements & phony arguments and nothing valid?
    I don't think Doobs has ever denied that the salary cap stuff of the 90s ever happened his point is that it's time to let it go. And he doesn't deny that they get away with holding he's just saying they are not the only ones that are getting away with it. Which IMO in true. The Pats get away with a lot of stuff to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    That's not a denial. Given the fact that you rarely if ever have said anything complimentary towards the Chiefs, have a picture of an former broncos QB's g/f as an avatar pic, make a bunch of Broncos-supporting posts, and will make some little crack that you know will tick Chiefs fans off, are you surprised that I would come to the conclusion that you're a Donks fan, and simply ask why you're here?

WOAH now lets not insult doobs Avatar pic. I am a fan

You're totally full of s**t, there, and you have nothing to substantiate that statement. I know those teams would have gotten flagged for it & I know that I could go back and watch their games and probably never see holding calls being blatantly ignored at the rate the Donkeys holding calls were being blatantly ignored.
    I disagree here. While I don't agree with doobs that the Pack is on that level IMO the Pats get away with just as much as Denver. Brady and Manning are the NFL golden boys. The Nfl is going to do all they can to help them. SO I don't think it's just Denver I put the Pats there two.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post

Correction i posted it when Tebow was still a Gator Nice try tho. Nothing wrong with Tebow, just the media. More players need to have heart like him and act like him (with a little bit less of the religion.

Yeah i own it but the guy isn't saying they're going to win Super Bowls forever, just saying they'll be fine, which in my mind reads "we'll still contend for the AFC West and/or make playoffs"

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast