Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Elway's a fool for signing some FA's he has...

Default Elway's a fool for signing some FA's he has...

Yep, that's right. I think Elway's a fool for signing Ware and Talib in particular. I'm not alone, several pro analyst articles I've read have more or less said the same...the signings were "risky".

I don't know why some Chiefs fans are worried and think the donkey signings were so great. Below is a quote from one pro analyst:

"Ware was just released by the Dallas Cowboys Tuesday afternoon at the official start of the NFL free-agent period: the team didn't want to carry his $16 million salary cap figure for the 2014 season. Ware turns 32 before the start of the season, was hampered by quad injuries and finished with a career low six sacks in a career low 13 games."

I don't know why some think the signing of Talib was all that great, either. The quote below is from another NFL pro analyst giving thoughts on the donkey's latest signings:

"Talib is a risk, too. He's had hip injuries and also incurred some off field issues, which ran him out of Tampa Bay just a few years ago. Plus, last we saw of him he was being taken out in the playoff game by the Bronco' Wes Welker on a play Bill Belichick called one of the dirtiest he had ever seen. Clearly, Talib has forgotten, or was charmed by dollar signs, whatever."

The donkey's signed two injury prone aging players. One of which has had off field issues, too, and another coming off his worst career year ever, and they spent $87 million to sign those two "risky" players. I don't call that making "great" moves on Elway's part, rather, call it foolish.

Elway's ego has more to do with who he's signing than any other factor. He's trying to make a media splash because his ego LOVES the attention, but he's also trying to redeem himself & the franchise after their pathetic humiliating Super Bowl loss. He's really not that smart of a GM.

He's been signing aging injury prone players, including Manning, at the end of their careers chasing one Super Bowl win, that's it. He's trying to build a one year SB winning team. He's not preparing for the future, nor for a team that can compete consistently for consecutive seasons. Hey, maybe it's worth it to some, but I'd rather have a wise GM like Dorsey, who builds more through the draft, homegrown young and healthy players who can compete for years to come, and win consistently and for more than one season. I want a Dorsey & Reid dynasty, like Green Bay & the Pats built...not a one year contender.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    WOAH now lets not insult doobs Avatar pic. I am a fan
    LOL How ELSE would it have gotten my attention ?!?

The Pats still have their biggest problem on offense no WR help. There TE is often injured so they still have that major problem. So I can't say I think they have gotten much better this offseason. But they could find a gem in the draft. It's still very early in the offseason.
    It just seems every time brady doesn't have weapons, he makes it work. No wes, no problem. Oh one my TE's is a psycho going to jail and the other one is party animal and hurt himself, no prob, i got this. (hence Brady > Peyton)

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    It just seems every time brady doesn't have weapons, he makes it work. No wes, no problem. Oh one my TE's is a psycho going to jail and the other one is party animal and hurt himself, no prob, i got this. (hence Brady > Peyton)
    He does make it work a lot of the time most of the time. But there were times this past season that it really did have an effect on them. If they had a better WR core I think they would have been the number 1 seed in the playoffs and it might have been them in the super bowl rather then Denver.

But I do agree with Brady>Manning. To many times Manning has throw the big pick when brady threw the big td pass.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I don't think Doobs has ever denied that the salary cap stuff of the 90s ever happened his point is that it's time to let it go. And he doesn't deny that they get away with holding he's just saying they are not the only ones that are getting away with it. Which IMO in true. The Pats get away with a lot of stuff to.
    Not going to happen if it's rearing it ugly head again like it did last year with the same two culprits involved & I'm not alone in that thought. Such a thing wasn't happening in 2012 and therefore there was no discussion of the matter.

I disagree here. While I don't agree with doobs that the Pack is on that level IMO the Pats get away with just as much as Denver. Brady and Manning are the NFL golden boys. The Nfl is going to do all they can to help them. SO I don't think it's just Denver I put the Pats there two.
    No, sorry, but that is incorrect. The stats from last year show that the Pats gave up twice as many sacks as the Donkeys in fewer attempts & I watched enough Pats games via NFL Game Rewind to know they don't get away with as much blatant rules infractions and have the officials blatantly ignore those rules infractions as much as the Donkeys did last year -- not by a longshot. Two examples would be the pick play the Pats got called for in the AFC Championship game that drew commentary from former Chiefs WR Steve Breaston & that botched call that went against the Pats in the Carolina game at the very end of the game. I guarantee you that if that had been the Donkeys playing Carolina instead of the Pats, the refs would have enforced a 5-yard illegal contact foul, instead of picking up the flag and saying "no foul, game over".

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Not going to happen if it's rearing it ugly head again like it did last year with the same two culprits involved & I'm not alone in that thought. Such a thing wasn't happening in 2012 and therefore there was no discussion of the matter.

No, sorry, but that is incorrect. The stats from last year show that the Pats gave up twice as many sacks as the Donkeys in fewer attempts & I watched enough Pats games via NFL Game Rewind to know they don't get away with as much blatant rules infractions and have the officials blatantly ignore those rules infractions as much as the Donkeys did last year -- not by a longshot. Two examples would be the pick play the Pats got called for in the AFC Championship game that drew commentary from former Chiefs WR Steve Breaston & that botched call that went against the Pats in the Carolina game at the very end of the game. I guarantee you that if that had been the Donkeys playing Carolina instead of the Pats, the refs would have enforced a 5-yard illegal contact foul, instead of picking up the flag and saying "no foul, game over".
    Last year I would agree Denver got more calls. I guess I should have said over the years Brady has gotten just as many calls. I was talking more over the years then just last season
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Nothing wrong with Tebow, just the media. More players need to have heart like him and act like him (with a little bit less of the religion.)
    Nothing wrong with Tebow?...?!?....Did the grading curve of lower-than-average NFL QB's just drop greatly, and overnight? The media's to blame for his downfall? Not the decision to go to NYC instead of Jacksonville? Not his inability to learn a different offense? Denver QB's can do no wrong even when they're fired by former Denver QB's...What are you smoking?...Oh yeah that's legal there, too...

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Nothing wrong with Tebow?...?!?....Did the grading curve of lower-than-average NFL QB's just drop greatly, and overnight? The media's to blame for his downfall? Not the decision to go to NYC instead of Jacksonville? Not his inability to learn a different offense? Denver QB's can do no wrong even when they're fired by former Denver QB's...What are you smoking?...Oh yeah that's legal there, too...
    The media is the reason that Most people have a problem with Tebow. They overhyped him and people got sick of him

Tebows problem on the field is in part due to the fact he never got a chance to grow in an offense. He was cut lose after less then a year of starting for Manning. He might have gotten a chance to grow in an offense if he had gone to Jacksonville but chose to go to New York instead.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

The media is the reason that Most people have a problem with Tebow. They overhyped him and people got sick of him

Tebows problem on the field is in part due to the fact he never got a chance to grow in an offense. He was cut lose after less then a year of starting for Manning. He might have gotten a chance to grow in an offense if he had gone to Jacksonville but chose to go to New York instead.
    Tim Tebow's problem is he is a terrible QB. He cannot throw accurately and has not been able to correct it.

The thing is, if he'd gone to Jacksonville, it's very likely they would have built an offense around his style of play (Wildcat offense). That area was his biggest fanbase, it might've carried some clout with the front office & coaching staff, at least at that time.

I wasn't talking about Tebow's play, i was more talking about his character. Plus i love his speech after the loss to Ole Miss. I dig it up if i wasn't at work.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast