Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Elway's a fool for signing some FA's he has...

Default Elway's a fool for signing some FA's he has...

Yep, that's right. I think Elway's a fool for signing Ware and Talib in particular. I'm not alone, several pro analyst articles I've read have more or less said the same...the signings were "risky".

I don't know why some Chiefs fans are worried and think the donkey signings were so great. Below is a quote from one pro analyst:

"Ware was just released by the Dallas Cowboys Tuesday afternoon at the official start of the NFL free-agent period: the team didn't want to carry his $16 million salary cap figure for the 2014 season. Ware turns 32 before the start of the season, was hampered by quad injuries and finished with a career low six sacks in a career low 13 games."

I don't know why some think the signing of Talib was all that great, either. The quote below is from another NFL pro analyst giving thoughts on the donkey's latest signings:

"Talib is a risk, too. He's had hip injuries and also incurred some off field issues, which ran him out of Tampa Bay just a few years ago. Plus, last we saw of him he was being taken out in the playoff game by the Bronco' Wes Welker on a play Bill Belichick called one of the dirtiest he had ever seen. Clearly, Talib has forgotten, or was charmed by dollar signs, whatever."

The donkey's signed two injury prone aging players. One of which has had off field issues, too, and another coming off his worst career year ever, and they spent $87 million to sign those two "risky" players. I don't call that making "great" moves on Elway's part, rather, call it foolish.

Elway's ego has more to do with who he's signing than any other factor. He's trying to make a media splash because his ego LOVES the attention, but he's also trying to redeem himself & the franchise after their pathetic humiliating Super Bowl loss. He's really not that smart of a GM.

He's been signing aging injury prone players, including Manning, at the end of their careers chasing one Super Bowl win, that's it. He's trying to build a one year SB winning team. He's not preparing for the future, nor for a team that can compete consistently for consecutive seasons. Hey, maybe it's worth it to some, but I'd rather have a wise GM like Dorsey, who builds more through the draft, homegrown young and healthy players who can compete for years to come, and win consistently and for more than one season. I want a Dorsey & Reid dynasty, like Green Bay & the Pats built...not a one year contender.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Tebow was a major reach on draft day in 2010 with the Donks trading multiple picks to move up in round 1 to take him. I never thought that he was any better than a 3rd rounder at best.

Team-by-team salary cap space:
    Oakland Raiders: $32,299,198
    Cleveland Browns:
    $31,828,788
    New York Jets: $27,899,282
    Cincinnati Bengals: $26,607,666
    Jacksonville Jaguars: $25,239,764
    Miami Dolphins: $19,185,752
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers: $17,558,206
    Green Bay Packers: $17,024,449
    Indianapolis Colts: $16,730,795
    Philadelphia Eagles: $16,203,629
    Buffalo Bills: $15,590,046
    Minnesota Vikings: $15,489,099
    Seattle Seahawks: $15,213,737
    Atlanta Falcons: $10,194,447
    Houston Texans: $9,469,501
    Tennessee Titans: $9,100,702
    Baltimore Ravens: $9,061,187
    St. Louis Rams: $8,999,358
    New England Patriots: $8,804,036
    Arizona Cardinals: $8,137,968
    Denver Broncos: $7,642,337
    Washington Redskins:
    $7,455,869
    Carolina Panthers: $7,344,546
    Dallas Cowboys: $7,162,442
    Chicago Bears: $5,773,177
    Kansas City Chiefs: $5,227,069
    San
    Francisco 49ers: $3,726,835
    New York Giants: $3,690,088
    San Diego Chargers: $3,653,247
    Detroit Lions: $2,204,330
    Pittsburgh Steelers: $2,174,434
    New Orleans Saints: $849,212

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ace-available/

Atleast they are goingvto win a SB we aren't doing chat good for them

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Atleast they are goingvto win a SB we aren't doing chat good for them
    Who's going to win a SB? The Donkeys? I'll bet they don't. Their schedule will be a lot tougher this year & Seattle exposed them in the last SB. And the rest of the AFC isn't just going to roll over on their backs and die for them.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    I wasn't talking about Tebow's play, i was more talking about his character. Plus i love his speech after the loss to Ole Miss. I dig it up if i wasn't at work.
    Robert Kraft said the same thing. Then fired him a few months later. Did KISS hire him or is he still a talking head on ESPN?

Doobs is a good Chiefs fan. He is simply in the position of not being as extreme in his belief of just HOW GOOD last years Chiefs were, and how disgusting The Broncos are.

I agree with SOME of the criticism of The Donks. But not all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Doobs is a good Chiefs fan. He is simply in the position of not being as extreme in his belief of just HOW GOOD last years Chiefs were, and how disgusting The Broncos are.

I agree with SOME of the criticism of The Donks. But not all of it.
    I can't recall anybody saying the above in bold, as just about everybody has acknowledged the Chiefs are a work in progress & there's still more pieces that need to be added.

Now the part about about "the Donkeys being disgusting", many of us did say it & will continue to for all the obvious reasons stated.

Part of being a fan is CHEERING on your team, not ALWAYS putting them down.

Elway's no fool. The deals are intelligently structured based on incentives and little guaranteed money. Here's a good read on the subject:

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-bronc...-what-they-did

Elway tormented us first as a player, now as a GM. The dude is good.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I can't recall anybody saying the above in bold, as just about everybody has acknowledged the Chiefs are a work in progress & there's still more pieces that need to be added.

Now the part about about "the Donkeys being disgusting", many of us did say it & will continue to for all the obvious reasons stated.

I just remember seeing him during the season, and getting similar treatment for not being "AS" positive-minded as others. When you are in that position, it tends to look (and even feel) like you are against The Chiefs, because the other fans are looking over the fence at you when you disagree with their opinion. The more that happens, the more you find you are arguing each angle that the other Chiefs fans choose to focus on, which is the things you disagree on. Therefore, just about all of your comments wind-up being "anti-Chiefs".

As for The Donkos.... It is the same thing. If there are loud voices against, and you disagree with some things, then those points are the one's that will bring on extended debate. Little debate is to be had on aspects that you agree on.

I'm just sayin'.... I have been there. And so have most of us.

Brdemsey has been in long enough discussions to look like he hates Eric Berry. But he clearly doesn't.