Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 231

Thread: Elway's a fool for signing some FA's he has...

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Default Elway's a fool for signing some FA's he has...


    3 Not allowed!
    Yep, that's right. I think Elway's a fool for signing Ware and Talib in particular. I'm not alone, several pro analyst articles I've read have more or less said the same...the signings were "risky".

    I don't know why some Chiefs fans are worried and think the donkey signings were so great. Below is a quote from one pro analyst:

    "Ware was just released by the Dallas Cowboys Tuesday afternoon at the official start of the NFL free-agent period: the team didn't want to carry his $16 million salary cap figure for the 2014 season. Ware turns 32 before the start of the season, was hampered by quad injuries and finished with a career low six sacks in a career low 13 games."

    I don't know why some think the signing of Talib was all that great, either. The quote below is from another NFL pro analyst giving thoughts on the donkey's latest signings:

    "Talib is a risk, too. He's had hip injuries and also incurred some off field issues, which ran him out of Tampa Bay just a few years ago. Plus, last we saw of him he was being taken out in the playoff game by the Bronco' Wes Welker on a play Bill Belichick called one of the dirtiest he had ever seen. Clearly, Talib has forgotten, or was charmed by dollar signs, whatever."

    The donkey's signed two injury prone aging players. One of which has had off field issues, too, and another coming off his worst career year ever, and they spent $87 million to sign those two "risky" players. I don't call that making "great" moves on Elway's part, rather, call it foolish.

    Elway's ego has more to do with who he's signing than any other factor. He's trying to make a media splash because his ego LOVES the attention, but he's also trying to redeem himself & the franchise after their pathetic humiliating Super Bowl loss. He's really not that smart of a GM.

    He's been signing aging injury prone players, including Manning, at the end of their careers chasing one Super Bowl win, that's it. He's trying to build a one year SB winning team. He's not preparing for the future, nor for a team that can compete consistently for consecutive seasons. Hey, maybe it's worth it to some, but I'd rather have a wise GM like Dorsey, who builds more through the draft, homegrown young and healthy players who can compete for years to come, and win consistently and for more than one season. I want a Dorsey & Reid dynasty, like Green Bay & the Pats built...not a one year contender.

    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

  2. #131
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Miles City, Montana
    Posts
    1,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 120

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Guess what? I didn't bother to watch the SB, until after I had heard the Hawks won it in a romp.

    And not every fan thinks refereeing is biased against their team & in fact, that's not even what's being discussed. It's being biased FOR a particular team that was being discussed. So you're humping the neighbors dog with that one.
    He's not talking the super bowl, he's talking about the NFL in general, if you think Denver (or any team) has an advantage every game, every year and the fix is in, why do you watch?

  3. #132
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,224
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 578
    Given: 768

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    You play who is put infront of you, they won their games. It's like people who *****ed about KC's schedule this year. Sorry but it's not KC's fault they had an easy first 10 games schedule and its not denvers fault they had a "easy schedule"

    Yeah, the chiefs have started 10-0 in the past and didn't turn out well. Starting fast or slow doesn't matter. You get to the playoffs and you're hot, you're going to go far (see NYG first super bowl win against the Pats)
    One major difference that you failed to point out. The Chiefs were coming off a 2-14 record in 2012. The Donkeys were coming off a 13-3 record going into '97, a 12-4 record going into '98, and a 13-3 record going into 2013 <---- that's the difference and that renders your argument completely invalid. Even back in '97, the Chiefs had a tougher schedule coming coming off a 9-7 season than the Donkeys did.

    And the Chiefs have never started any season 10-0 in their history, EVER. Get your facts straight.

    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    He's not talking the super bowl, he's talking about the NFL in general, if you think Denver (or any team) has an advantage every game, every year and the fix is in, why do you watch?
    I didn't say whether or not he was talking about the SB or NFL in general.

    I never said "every game, every year". I fact I not only said specific years, I also pointed out in an earlier post that it didn't happen 2012. The question isn't why do I watch, but why do you continually rip things out of context? You've clearly humped your neighbors dog one too many times, they way you continually rip things out of context & misquote things.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 03-20-2014 at 06:33 PM.

  4. #133
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Miles City, Montana
    Posts
    1,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 120

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Who did they play in the opposing teams park either of those years that had made the playoffs the year before in the 1st half of those schedules in '97 and '98? NOBODY, and it allowed them to get off to fast starts, 6-0 in '97 and then 13-0 in '98 ( same as we saw last year ). And in '97, they didn't have to play in Pitt. or SF or even in KC until the 2nd half of the schedule.



    What other teams have gotten away with the amount of bad calls/no calls that paralleled what the Donkey's did in '97 and '98? Please explain why you can't name them? BECAUSE THERE AREN'T ANY -- plain and simple.

    And how do you know what transpired in the league office at that time? Were you there? No, you are merely guessing. I found it quite strange that in 2nd game against the Donkeys at KC that the league office handed out a 10,000 dollar fine to Safety Jerome Woods for a perfectly legit hit on Ed McCaffery that prevented McCaffery from catching a tipped pass in the end zone that if McCaffery had caught, the Donks would have won that game, but they lost. Do you know who it was specifically that handed out that fine to Woods? None other than Stanford grad, Gene Washington ( same school as Elway and McCaffery ).

    As for "moving on" from it, that is your choice. But I got news for you. I don't follow your lead. That is my choice & when the same type of thing is rearing it's ugly head again with the same two culprits involved ( Elway and Bowlen ), then people like CJ and eydugstr and myself and others will be discussing the matter & we don't need your permission.
    Faily Mary
    Music City Miracle
    Rice agains the Packers
    Big Ben fumble against miami
    Jerome Bettis coin flip call
    Pats vs Raiders (TUCK RULE!!!!!)
    Mike Renfro TD catch
    Favre vs saints

  5. #134
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Miles City, Montana
    Posts
    1,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 120

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    One major difference that you failed to point out. The Chiefs were coming off a 2-14 record in 2012. The Donkeys were coming off a 13-3 record going into '97, a 12-4 record going into '98, and a 13-3 record going into 2013 <---- that's the difference and that renders your argument completely invalid. Even back in '97, the Chiefs had a tougher schedule coming coming off a 9-7 season than the Donkeys did.

    And the Chiefs have never started any season 10-0 in their history, EVER. Get your facts straight.
    WHAT YOU FAIL to realise is the chiefs only had 2(!) teams they played because of their 2-14 (Cleveland, Bills). Everything else was determined about 10 years ago.

    Oh sorry, so they've started 6-0 before than, sorry.

  6. #135
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Miles City, Montana
    Posts
    1,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 120

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    And how many times are perfectly legal hits getting fines now, all the time

  7. #136
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,249
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 244
    Given: 719

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Yeah, because he wasn't a good QB, the position they signed him too. You can still like a guys character and fire him/cut him.
    I'm pretty sure the Broncos & Jets didn't hire/fire him for character reasons either.

  8. #137
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,224
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 578
    Given: 768

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Faily Mary
    Music City Miracle
    Rice agains the Packers
    Big Ben fumble against miami
    Jerome Bettis coin flip call
    Pats vs Raiders (TUCK RULE!!!!!)
    Mike Renfro TD catch
    Favre vs saints
    Invalid examples. Those were controversial plays, but those were the exception, not the rule.

    Those aren't along the same vein as the the Donkeys getting away with BLATANT rules infractions on continued basis as has been illustrated repeatedly. A 2-yr old could figure that, but you can't?

    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    WHAT YOU FAIL to realise is the chiefs only had 2(!) teams they played because of their 2-14 (Cleveland, Bills). Everything else was determined about 10 years ago.
    WRONG!! I'm quite aware of the two different teams the Chiefs had to play as opposed to the Donkeys ( NE and Balt ). The opponents are predetermined, but the sequence in which they play them is not -- it's determined during the off-season and therefore it raises legit questions about why the Donkey's got an easy start to the 1st half of the '97 and '98 and even 2013 seasons.

    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    And how many times are perfectly legal hits getting fines now, all the time
    That's completely bogus. It doesn't happen all the time & in fact, the NFL is coming forth with their explanations of why they are handing out fines for what they consider to be illegal hits. I've seen them do that on NFL.com time and again. Regarding Jerome Woods hit on Ed McCaffery that Woods was fined 10k for, there was no explanation for it or any just cause for it. In fact, McCafferey wasn't even knocked to the ground on that play & if Woods doesn't hit him, then McCaffery catches that tipped pass for a TD and the rules clearly state that once a ball is tipped, then contact is allowed. Woods was innocent of any wrong-doing on that play.

  9. #138
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Miles City, Montana
    Posts
    1,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 120

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Invalid examples. Those were controversial plays, but those were the exception, not the rule.
    You honestly don't believe brady and Pats get every call or any other team? You don't believe every team cheats (be it small ones or bigs ones)?

    There is probably a guy just like you for every team that crying about a rival team and them getting every call.

  10. #139
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Miles City, Montana
    Posts
    1,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 120

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Broncos & Jets didn't hire/fire him for character reasons either.
    Jets did it for the circus and probably thought he was a better QB than Sanchez. You also can like a guy in college before he goes pro, just so happen he went to a rival team.

  11. #140
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,249
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 244
    Given: 719

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Doobs is a good Chiefs fan. He is simply in the position of not being as extreme in his belief of just HOW GOOD last years Chiefs were, and how disgusting The Broncos are.

    I agree with SOME of the criticism of The Donks. But not all of it.
    It's ironic that at the same time he has a thread going where he was getting ready to bash a former Chiefs player that stood up for an injured Chiefs QB, and in another thread was talking about how the team was only going to go 7-9.

    I asked him straight out if he was a Broncos fan. That's my statement, not Brd's. Look at the responses I got and judge for yourself if I got a straight answer. If it looks like a duck, walks like duck, and quacks like a duck...It should come as no surprise that someone calls it out as a duck. And if he'd said "yes", it's not like he'd been kicked off the board, plenty of fans on the board from other teams. The red flags for me were the constant little argument starting cracks, all the supportive statements of the Broncos (he sourced a report from a website founded by CRAIG MORTON era donks fans), and never a compliment about a Chiefs player.

    A lot of folks seem to be trying to turn this into Brd's accountability for his thoughts on the Broncos. Where's Doobs' accountability for the stuff he's posted?

Similar Threads

  1. ESPN 30 for 30: Elway to Marino
    By doobs_05 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-24-2013, 07:39 PM
  2. A Couple good April Fool's Jokes from the Sports World
    By Ryfo18 in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-02-2010, 12:46 AM
  3. A fool and his money...
    By Chiefster in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-30-2007, 01:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •