Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Elway's a fool for signing some FA's he has...

Default Elway's a fool for signing some FA's he has...

Yep, that's right. I think Elway's a fool for signing Ware and Talib in particular. I'm not alone, several pro analyst articles I've read have more or less said the same...the signings were "risky".

I don't know why some Chiefs fans are worried and think the donkey signings were so great. Below is a quote from one pro analyst:

"Ware was just released by the Dallas Cowboys Tuesday afternoon at the official start of the NFL free-agent period: the team didn't want to carry his $16 million salary cap figure for the 2014 season. Ware turns 32 before the start of the season, was hampered by quad injuries and finished with a career low six sacks in a career low 13 games."

I don't know why some think the signing of Talib was all that great, either. The quote below is from another NFL pro analyst giving thoughts on the donkey's latest signings:

"Talib is a risk, too. He's had hip injuries and also incurred some off field issues, which ran him out of Tampa Bay just a few years ago. Plus, last we saw of him he was being taken out in the playoff game by the Bronco' Wes Welker on a play Bill Belichick called one of the dirtiest he had ever seen. Clearly, Talib has forgotten, or was charmed by dollar signs, whatever."

The donkey's signed two injury prone aging players. One of which has had off field issues, too, and another coming off his worst career year ever, and they spent $87 million to sign those two "risky" players. I don't call that making "great" moves on Elway's part, rather, call it foolish.

Elway's ego has more to do with who he's signing than any other factor. He's trying to make a media splash because his ego LOVES the attention, but he's also trying to redeem himself & the franchise after their pathetic humiliating Super Bowl loss. He's really not that smart of a GM.

He's been signing aging injury prone players, including Manning, at the end of their careers chasing one Super Bowl win, that's it. He's trying to build a one year SB winning team. He's not preparing for the future, nor for a team that can compete consistently for consecutive seasons. Hey, maybe it's worth it to some, but I'd rather have a wise GM like Dorsey, who builds more through the draft, homegrown young and healthy players who can compete for years to come, and win consistently and for more than one season. I want a Dorsey & Reid dynasty, like Green Bay & the Pats built...not a one year contender.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    How the hell would you know that for certain? Were you there in the league office when the schedule was made? Can you provide a transcript of all the conversations that went on at that time? Of course not, and therefore nobody really knows what went down at that time. I'm not buying into that TV ratings BS. It doesn't refute any of the points that I made, nor does BAL vs PIT have anything to do with it. If something fishy wasn't going on at that time, then why would Al Davis lead an investigation that turned up salary cap violations for which the Donkeys were fined and lost draft picks?

Anybody that would believe that things couldn't be manipulated by the league office, if they so chose to do so, is being a complete naive idiot. Governments and institutions have been corrupt for centuries world-wide. WWE is already known for rigging their wrestling matches. Why would anybody believe that the NFL league office is incapable of scripting something, if they choose to do so?

It'll be intesesting to see who the Donkeys first 6 or 7 opponents are when the schedule is released & it will come as no surprise to me if they don't have to play either in Seattle or NE or Cincy in those first 6 or 7 games.
    Because it makes sense and nothing you say on this matter does. The league is guilty of one thing, and they confess to it, doing everything possible to make money for the NFL. That doesn't mean scripting games or having referees turn the other way. If there were a league wide conspiracy don't you think it would have leaked by now?

Stacking the schedule for better late season prime time games is smart business. Furthermore, the league wants more scoring. Its curved the rules making it next to impossible to play pass defense. Why? Not because they love Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. Because they cater to legions of fantasy weenies and casual fans who can't appreciate the beauty of 10-7 slugfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    Because it makes sense and nothing you say on this matter does. The league is guilty of one thing, and they confess to it, doing everything possible to make money for the NFL. That doesn't mean scripting games or having referees turn the other way. If there were a league wide conspiracy don't you think it would have leaked by now?

Stacking the schedule for better late season prime time games is smart business. Furthermore, the league wants more scoring. Its curved the rules making it next to impossible to play pass defense. Why? Not because they love Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. Because they cater to legions of fantasy weenies and casual fans who can't appreciate the beauty of 10-7 slugfest.
    That's absolute BS. What I said makes perfect sense. What I had said about the Donkeys not having to play any teams in their park that had made the playoffs the year before in the first 6 or 7 games, did indeed happen in '97 and '98 and 2013 ( Ex Donkey LB Tom Jackson has pointed out that history favors the Donks getting to the SB when they start 6-0 and I looked it up and he's right ). That was not the case in 2012. All your stupid talk about TV ratins doesn't change that fact. How is that you say what I said doesn't make sense when it did happen for a fact, and yet you use the phrase "stacking the schedule" in the next paragraph. A blind man with a cane can see the contradiction there.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 03-22-2014 at 11:24 AM.

That's absolute BS. What I said makes perfect sense. What I had said about the Donkeys not having to play any teams in their park that had made the playoffs the year before in the first 6 or 7 games, did indeed happen in '97 and '98 and 2013 ( Ex Donkey LB Tom Jackson has pointed out that history favors the Donks getting to the SB when they start 6-0 and I looked it up and he's right ). That was not the case in 2012. All your stupid talk about TV ratins doesn't change that fact. How is that you say what I said doesn't make sense when it did happen for a fact, and yet you use the phrase "stacking the schedule" in the next paragraph. A blind man with a cane can see the contradiction there.
    We are on a level playing field. Last year we had the perfect easy schedual just like the Donks. Believe what you want but quit trying to beat it into peoples skulls. As far as calls, yeah broncos and all the high profile stars get calls because they are money makers. Seahawks won a Super Bowl with little "star power" means we have more to overcome, but we can do it

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    We are on a level playing field. Last year we had the perfect easy schedual just like the Donks. Believe what you want but quit trying to beat it into peoples skulls. As far as calls, yeah broncos and all the high profile stars get calls because they are money makers. Seahawks won a Super Bowl with little "star power" means we have more to overcome, but we can do it
    The answer to that is a resounding NO !! If you don't like it, that's your problem. Pass it on by and don't read it, if it bothers you.

Rest assured that anyone's feelings being hurt by it is the least of my worries.

Feelings hurt? Not even close. You are just embarrassing yourself by how annoying and rediculous you sound. It's not that you don't have valid points, but people are just saying things to light you up and you play right into their hands.

Hey Brdempsey, Broncos won the Super Bowl in 97 & 98. Nobody took their trophies away 17 years later even being able to prove whatever it is. Cheating or not what's done is done we cannot get those ones back. Can we complain every time we get cheated now in this moment? You bet! But I can care less about turd Elway and how much he got away with. Back then

Feelings hurt? Not even close. You are just embarrassing yourself by how annoying and rediculous you sound. It's not that you don't have valid points, but people are just saying things to light you up and you play right into their hands.
    Dream on. I like to debate. Especially when they can't refute what I'm saying. Nobody is being lit up or playing into anyone's hands. In case you didn't notice, this is a discussion board. There is no shame or embarrassment in telling the gospel truth, and I don't know where you'd get the idea there is other than foolishly trying to guilt induce me. Nice try, but you fail.

Hey Brdempsey, Broncos won the Super Bowl in 97 & 98. Nobody took their trophies away 17 years later even being able to prove whatever it is. Cheating or not what's done is done we cannot get those ones back. Can we complain every time we get cheated now in this moment? You bet! But I can care less about turd Elway and how much he got away with. Back then
    Hey Justine. Donkeys didn't win those SB's outright in '97 and '98 and I've already provided a slew of points as to why, and I know I'm not alone in those thoughts & others have posted such at many other sites. Your talking this dumb trash like there's some sort of obligation by all NFL fans to honor the '97 and '98 Donkeys as outright champions, but I got news for you. Nobody is obligated to do that & anyone has every right point out the truth about what really happened & rightfully DISHONOR them. You seem to have trouble figuring that out & now you know.

No one is debating that they had an easy start. Just your irrational belief that there was some conspiracy guided at giving them a pass. You show true ignorance dismissing any consideration that the league tries to save favorable TV match ups and games with potential playoff ramifications for late in the season. If not why did they introduce flex scheduling?

Its clear none of this "stupid talk" will convince you. Be sure to check under your bed for the boogie man before sleepy time.

No one is debating that they had an easy start. Just your irrational belief that there was some conspiracy guided at giving them a pass. You show true ignorance dismissing any consideration that the league tries to save favorable TV match ups and games with potential playoff ramifications for late in the season. If not why did they introduce flex scheduling?
    The ignorance is clearly on your side. Flexible TV scheduling has nothing to do with a team finishing 13-3, 12-4, and 13-3 getting ridiculously easy schedules the next year to start their seasons. What you're calling an "irrational belief" is only telling me that your mind is being blinded somehow to the very real possibilities of it. I just looked at the 2013 schedule and every team that won their division in 2012 had to play an opponent in their park that had also been in postseason in 2012 within the first 6 games of their schedule, except the Donkeys. So much for the BS flexible TV scheduling theory that you're trying to sell me.

Its clear none of this "stupid talk" will convince you. Be sure to check under your bed for the boogie man before sleepy time.
    And be sure to have your mommy give you a Baby-Pat-A-Burp doll to put on your shoulder, so that can cry on it's shoulder, because you can't stomach somebody telling like it is.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 03-22-2014 at 11:03 PM.

While I agree with Brdempsey in large part about Denvers O line and cap issues I think he's a bit overboard with the schedule thing.

Denver got the schedule they did because that's just how it worked out. They got an easy schedule because the teams they happened to be playing in the division matchups favored the AFC west over the NFC east. The NFL can't be for sure what teams are going to be good any given year so it's really tough for them to stack the deck with the schedule. And Denver did open with the Super Bowl champs at home last year. And the Ravens were a solid team in the playoff hunt until the end of the season. So one this issue I don't think it's Denver getting special treatment from the league it just worked out how it did.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!