Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Elway's a fool for signing some FA's he has...

Default Elway's a fool for signing some FA's he has...

Yep, that's right. I think Elway's a fool for signing Ware and Talib in particular. I'm not alone, several pro analyst articles I've read have more or less said the same...the signings were "risky".

I don't know why some Chiefs fans are worried and think the donkey signings were so great. Below is a quote from one pro analyst:

"Ware was just released by the Dallas Cowboys Tuesday afternoon at the official start of the NFL free-agent period: the team didn't want to carry his $16 million salary cap figure for the 2014 season. Ware turns 32 before the start of the season, was hampered by quad injuries and finished with a career low six sacks in a career low 13 games."

I don't know why some think the signing of Talib was all that great, either. The quote below is from another NFL pro analyst giving thoughts on the donkey's latest signings:

"Talib is a risk, too. He's had hip injuries and also incurred some off field issues, which ran him out of Tampa Bay just a few years ago. Plus, last we saw of him he was being taken out in the playoff game by the Bronco' Wes Welker on a play Bill Belichick called one of the dirtiest he had ever seen. Clearly, Talib has forgotten, or was charmed by dollar signs, whatever."

The donkey's signed two injury prone aging players. One of which has had off field issues, too, and another coming off his worst career year ever, and they spent $87 million to sign those two "risky" players. I don't call that making "great" moves on Elway's part, rather, call it foolish.

Elway's ego has more to do with who he's signing than any other factor. He's trying to make a media splash because his ego LOVES the attention, but he's also trying to redeem himself & the franchise after their pathetic humiliating Super Bowl loss. He's really not that smart of a GM.

He's been signing aging injury prone players, including Manning, at the end of their careers chasing one Super Bowl win, that's it. He's trying to build a one year SB winning team. He's not preparing for the future, nor for a team that can compete consistently for consecutive seasons. Hey, maybe it's worth it to some, but I'd rather have a wise GM like Dorsey, who builds more through the draft, homegrown young and healthy players who can compete for years to come, and win consistently and for more than one season. I want a Dorsey & Reid dynasty, like Green Bay & the Pats built...not a one year contender.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Dream on. I like to debate. Especially when they can't refute what I'm saying. Nobody is being lit up or playing into anyone's hands. In case you didn't notice, this is a discussion board. There is no shame or embarrassment in telling the gospel truth, and I don't know where you'd get the idea there is other than foolishly trying to guilt induce me. Nice try, but you fail.

Hey Justine. Donkeys didn't win those SB's outright in '97 and '98 and I've already provided a slew of points as to why, and I know I'm not alone in those thoughts & others have posted such at many other sites. Your talking this dumb trash like there's some sort of obligation by all NFL fans to honor the '97 and '98 Donkeys as outright champions, but I got news for you. Nobody is obligated to do that & anyone has every right point out the truth about what really happened & rightfully DISHONOR them. You seem to have trouble figuring that out & now you know.
    You claim to tell "the gospel truth". There's my evidence about what I was referring to. See you can't even tell the truth about what comes out of your own mouth. BURNNNNNNN!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    You claim to tell "the gospel truth". There's my evidence about what I was referring to. See you can't even tell the truth about what comes out of your own mouth. BURNNNNNNN!
    Okay, please tell me exactly what I said was false & provide us all proof of what I said being false regarding The Donkeys in the 2nd paragraph that you quoted. C'mon with it. Until you can, you don't have any evidence.

Sounds like you're puked out about not being able win any war of words. Is that the best you can do?

Okay, please tell me exactly what I said was false & provide us all proof of what I said being false regarding The Donkeys in the 2nd paragraph that you quoted. C'mon with it. Until you can, you don't have any evidence.

Sounds like you're puked out about not being able win any war of words. Is that the best you can do?
    War of words? I'm sorry you're so delusional that you actually believe there is such a thing. Keep living in your fantasy world where you are king. Who is the judge of this so called "War of Words"? Yourself? Wow no wonder you think you are winning. According to members of this site who have read and replied to what you've said so far, matthewschiefs is the only one who is backing your thoeries. And he's kind of agreeing and also kind of dis-agreeing. Other than that you already have Doobs, Mongo, and myself asking you to stop ***ching like a little cry baby sissy, about your stupid conspiracy thoeries. I'd say you are losing.

C'mon guys! Let's lighten up! We're all Chiefs fans.....right?

War of words? I'm sorry you're so delusional that you actually believe there is such a thing. Keep living in your fantasy world where you are king. Who is the judge of this so called "War of Words"? Yourself? Wow no wonder you think you are winning. According to members of this site who have read and replied to what you've said so far, matthewschiefs is the only one who is backing your thoeries. And he's kind of agreeing and also kind of dis-agreeing. Other than that you already have Doobs, Mongo, and myself asking you to stop ***ching like a little cry baby sissy, about your stupid conspiracy thoeries. I'd say you are losing.
    LOL, the delusion is clearly on your side. I haven't lost anything. Nobody has refuted anything I've said yet. Multiple parties like you, doobs, and whoever else, getting all puked out about my pointing out the the things that were flawed with Donkeys SB appearances in '97 and '98 and 2013 proves who the real crybaby sissies are -- namely YOU!!

BTW, the author of this thread, CJ and I have had previous discussions regarding those 3 SB's that the Donkeys were in and she's of the same stance that I am. In addition, another member of this forum sent me a PM assurring me that wasn't alone in my analysis.

Doesn't take a judge to figure out that you aren't winning any war of words, it's there in plain view for every eye to see. And I didn't say I was winning anything, as you are suggesting, so who's being delusional? Contrary to your belief, I'm thoroughly enjoying this display of yours that demonstrates your puked out. By all means, continue as I always welcome a good laugh and you are providing just that.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    C'mon guys! Let's lighten up! We're all Chiefs fans.....right?
    THIS THIS AND MORE THIS

All the infighting that has been going on lately on both sides just needs to stop
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    THIS THIS AND MORE THIS

All the infighting that has been going on lately on both sides just needs to stop
    I prefer to think of it as a debate or war of words. I'd be lying if I said that I'm not thoroughly enjoying it.

I prefer to think of it as a debate or war of words. I'd be lying if I said that I'm not thoroughly enjoying it.
    Enjoy it all you want.. You know I respect your opinions and extensive knowledge. But can't we tone it down a bit? There's been some pretty tough words tossed around. We shouldn't treat each other like that. Debate is good, but once name calling happens it turns it all to a pile of poop. I just think we should treat other Chiefs fans at least as well as we would a GD Raiders fan.

Are you mentally handicapped? By saying I cannot win a war of words with you means you are clearly saying you are winning. Damn you're stupid. And by saying you are only speaking the gospel truth like you said you were speaking means you were saying your words are of biblical proportions or something. Apparently you can speak big words, but at the same time don't understand what you are typing.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Enjoy it all you want.. You know I respect your opinions and extensive knowledge. But can't we tone it down a bit? There's been some pretty tough words tossed around. We shouldn't treat each other like that. Debate is good, but once name calling happens it turns it all to a pile of poop. I just think we should treat other Chiefs fans at least as well as we would a GD Raiders fan.
    Admittedly, I have been harsh in my choice of words, but that's because certain individuals are trying to browbeat me like they would do to their punk little brothers and doobs in particular was just begging for it with his continued trolling and repeated posting of stupid .gif images.