Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Elway's a fool for signing some FA's he has...

Default Elway's a fool for signing some FA's he has...

Yep, that's right. I think Elway's a fool for signing Ware and Talib in particular. I'm not alone, several pro analyst articles I've read have more or less said the same...the signings were "risky".

I don't know why some Chiefs fans are worried and think the donkey signings were so great. Below is a quote from one pro analyst:

"Ware was just released by the Dallas Cowboys Tuesday afternoon at the official start of the NFL free-agent period: the team didn't want to carry his $16 million salary cap figure for the 2014 season. Ware turns 32 before the start of the season, was hampered by quad injuries and finished with a career low six sacks in a career low 13 games."

I don't know why some think the signing of Talib was all that great, either. The quote below is from another NFL pro analyst giving thoughts on the donkey's latest signings:

"Talib is a risk, too. He's had hip injuries and also incurred some off field issues, which ran him out of Tampa Bay just a few years ago. Plus, last we saw of him he was being taken out in the playoff game by the Bronco' Wes Welker on a play Bill Belichick called one of the dirtiest he had ever seen. Clearly, Talib has forgotten, or was charmed by dollar signs, whatever."

The donkey's signed two injury prone aging players. One of which has had off field issues, too, and another coming off his worst career year ever, and they spent $87 million to sign those two "risky" players. I don't call that making "great" moves on Elway's part, rather, call it foolish.

Elway's ego has more to do with who he's signing than any other factor. He's trying to make a media splash because his ego LOVES the attention, but he's also trying to redeem himself & the franchise after their pathetic humiliating Super Bowl loss. He's really not that smart of a GM.

He's been signing aging injury prone players, including Manning, at the end of their careers chasing one Super Bowl win, that's it. He's trying to build a one year SB winning team. He's not preparing for the future, nor for a team that can compete consistently for consecutive seasons. Hey, maybe it's worth it to some, but I'd rather have a wise GM like Dorsey, who builds more through the draft, homegrown young and healthy players who can compete for years to come, and win consistently and for more than one season. I want a Dorsey & Reid dynasty, like Green Bay & the Pats built...not a one year contender.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis_Chiefs View Post
    Someone linked me to this when I asked about their future cap situation:

http://www.getrealfootball.com/denve...in-now-future/
    Quoting from the article...

"As for the concern that these contracts are going to mortgage the future for the Broncos; nothing could be further from the truth. These deals are so well constructed that people should be throwing a party for Elway and salary cap guru, Mike Sullivan. Yes the numbers are big and on the surface it seems like the Broncos are going to be stuck for the next five years regardless of how the players perform. Without boring all of you to death with a lot of detail, let me try to explain why these contracts as so well done.
    There is a lot of guaranteed money for all three of the players but unlike other teams, the guaranteed money is not spread out over the life of the contact. The players will receive all of their guaranteed money in 2014. That means after next season if something goes wrong with an injury, poor play or whatever then the Broncos can get out of the contract at anytime. In short, after 2014 the Broncos could cut anyone of these three players and not owe them a dime. There would be no dead money.
    Dead money is a term that refers to money being paid to players who are no longer on the roster, and this happens when teams spread out the guaranteed money over the life of the contract. Once a player is cut, any guaranteed money not yet paid is accelerated into the year they are cut. That in a nutshell is why the Dallas Cowboys are in salary cap purgatory. The easiest way to think about it is like this; when teams spread out the guaranteed money over the life of the contract, it’s a lot like using a credit card. Eventually there’s a big bill. The Broncos are paying cash as they go and currently are in no danger of getting one of those big bills.

I can only hope that the Player's Union is going over this with a fine toothed comb. Ditto for the league office.

Eydugstr,

If that guaranteed money is all being paid in 2014 as that article suggests & the Donkeys were 30 mill under the cap headed into FA as has been said, then let's do some simple math. Here's the guaranteed payments to the following players:

Ward 14 mill guaranteed
    Ware 20 mill guaranteed
    Talib 26 mill guaranteed

Doesn't quite add up, now does it?

No it doesn't. 20 mil over right there, not including Peyton's cut.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Eydugstr,

If that guaranteed money is all being paid in 2014 as that article suggests & the Donkeys were 30 mill under the cap headed into FA as has been said, then let's do some simple math. Here's the guaranteed payments to the following players:

Ward 14 mill guaranteed
    Ware 20 mill guaranteed
    Talib 26 mill guaranteed

Doesn't quite add up, now does it?
    Sure it adds up and

I got a bridge to sell you in Brookly
    Your checks in the mail
    I have ocean front property in Arizona
    These are not the droids you're looking for
    No honey those pants don't make you look fat (of course i've never had to tell that one)
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

That article was written by a complete moron who happens to be an elway and Mike Sullivan fan. Show me a team that pays all it's players their guaranteed money in the first year of the contract and I SWEAR I won't *** in your mouth. The author of that is as stupid as they get.

brdempsey.....I've never completely bought into the idea that the donks are complete crooks but this really is starting to smell like '97 & '98

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Sure it adds up and

I got a bridge to sell you in Brookly
    Your checks in the mail
    I have ocean front property in Arizona
    These are not the droids you're looking for
    No honey those pants don't make you look fat (of course i've never had to tell that one)
    LMAO

Could probably sit here and think up some more, but why mess with a set of classics...

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    That article was written by a complete moron who happens to be an elway and Mike Sullivan fan. Show me a team that pays all it's players their guaranteed money in the first year of the contract and I SWEAR I won't *** in your mouth. The author of that is as stupid as they get.

brdempsey.....I've never completely bought into the idea that the donks are complete crooks but this really is starting to smell like '97 & '98
    Did you notice in 2012 that nobody was complaining about the Donkeys getting away with massive holding like in 2013? It's because the Donkeys weren't doing the holding gig in 2012 and were playing under the same rules as everybody else. Nobody disputed the Donkeys winning the AFC West on 2012, because they did win it fair and square.

But what happened in the 2012 post season? One and done for them. The problem started last year with with all the hype before the 2013 season about the Donkeys going to the SB and winning it. But, they lost Ryan Clady and has to go with the backup Clarke the entire season & did not have to play any real Defenses throughout the season, except perhaps the Chiefs in the game at Denver.

CJ's pic of Hali being held right in front of an official wasn't a one-time occurrence -- it was a regular occurrence all season long. After the SB, many Hawks fans posted on NFL.com that they saw at 6 holding infractions that occurred right in front of the refs that weren't called, and I saw every one of them via NFL Game Rewind. Plus, the Offensive PI that should have been called on D. Thomas when he blatantly grabbed Richard Sherman to prevent an INT. The Donkeys problem was the Hawks drilled them so badly in all phases of the game, that the refs couldn't help them.

I won't say the Donks have always been crooked. I don't believe they were from 1999 -- 2012, but of course, we saw what happened to Terrell Davis in 1999 when his O-Line was no longer allowed to get away with their illegal chop-blocks and holding tactics. Davis got the living hell beaten out of him and his career was essentially over. Here was his stats in 1999:

67 carries 211 yds 2 TD's 3.1 ypc through 4 games because defenders were now getting off Donkeys blockers and tackling Davis.

As for that statement made by that Donkeys fan named doobs_05 about being a 'homer', he couldn't be more wrong. Others can point to my posts in the past regarding the Chiefs having ZERO success drafting QB's since 1970, as well as the rotten post-season record of 3-13 since 1970, the handling of the Branden Albert situation, the 2010 draft which I was criticized right from the time those selections were made, pointing out that Eric Fisher needs to step up his game and play better ( and I loved the selection of Fisher and still do, but he must prove his worth on the field ) < -- that doesn't sound like homerism to me.

By contrast, CJ post pictorial proof of the blatant holding the Donks were getting away with on a regular basis in 2013 and did you notice doobs_05's stupid response of "all teams get away with holding", all the while failing to acknowledge the fact that other teams DON'T get away with blatant holding like that, they get flagged for it < -- that sounds like Donkeys homerism to me.

And regarding the article, it's typical of the Elway sheep to rip things out of context and justify anything he does. It shouldn't surprise anybody, because after all they're stupid enough to believe Elway was in the same QB class as Joe Montana, even though the rest of the world knows differently that saw the two of them play their entire careers.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 03-16-2014 at 11:59 AM.

brdempsey....

There really aren't any people out there that think elway was better than Montana? Can't be. Nobody is that stupid. elway was good. DAMN good. But simply not in the same class as Montana.

As to holding. It is true that all teams get away with holding. I think most O-linemen practice and get coached to learn how to hold without getting caught. But without a doubt the donks were WAY OVER THE TOP this past season. If it was any worse the donkey 0-line would have been carrying guns and shooting pass rushers. I'm not ready to say it was a conspiracy but if it happens against next year it will be very hard not to believe that something is not going on.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Sorry, but in case anyone hasn't noticed, this is a Chiefs fans website, not a site for defending the Donkeys like he does continually with stupid & illogical posts time and again, even with substantiated evidence put right in front of his face. When he stops doing that, then I'll stop the attack. And I did tell him before not to post responses to me, but he chose to disregard that. So be it, but I suggest that he and other like him consider a statement that Ho Chi Minh made prior to the French-Indochina war when he told the French: "If you want to fight, then we will fight. For every 10 men of ours that you kill, we will kill one of yours, BUT IN THE END, YOU WILL BE THE ONE WHO WILL TIRE OF IT".
    You said you ignored me anyways, but I'm not going to take the approach of when denver does something "oh, just a terrible move, they cheated in the past, they messed up their franchise". I'm not going to look at it different ways. I have friends that are bronco fans (because when you grow up in montana, that's considered the "local team"), so when i talk to them, i'm not going to have a dumb conversation with them when they say "Denver signed so and so", i'm not going to respond with "hahahaha, you're team is so stupid, making dumb actions".

http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/3...name-contracts

Believe it if you want to or not (source is the SB Nation broncos page)

http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Chiefs&Year=2014 also i don't know how legit this page is, but give it a shot if you have questions about the salary cap
    Last edited by doobs_05; 03-16-2014 at 12:44 PM.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast