Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Elway's a fool for signing some FA's he has...

Default Elway's a fool for signing some FA's he has...

Yep, that's right. I think Elway's a fool for signing Ware and Talib in particular. I'm not alone, several pro analyst articles I've read have more or less said the same...the signings were "risky".

I don't know why some Chiefs fans are worried and think the donkey signings were so great. Below is a quote from one pro analyst:

"Ware was just released by the Dallas Cowboys Tuesday afternoon at the official start of the NFL free-agent period: the team didn't want to carry his $16 million salary cap figure for the 2014 season. Ware turns 32 before the start of the season, was hampered by quad injuries and finished with a career low six sacks in a career low 13 games."

I don't know why some think the signing of Talib was all that great, either. The quote below is from another NFL pro analyst giving thoughts on the donkey's latest signings:

"Talib is a risk, too. He's had hip injuries and also incurred some off field issues, which ran him out of Tampa Bay just a few years ago. Plus, last we saw of him he was being taken out in the playoff game by the Bronco' Wes Welker on a play Bill Belichick called one of the dirtiest he had ever seen. Clearly, Talib has forgotten, or was charmed by dollar signs, whatever."

The donkey's signed two injury prone aging players. One of which has had off field issues, too, and another coming off his worst career year ever, and they spent $87 million to sign those two "risky" players. I don't call that making "great" moves on Elway's part, rather, call it foolish.

Elway's ego has more to do with who he's signing than any other factor. He's trying to make a media splash because his ego LOVES the attention, but he's also trying to redeem himself & the franchise after their pathetic humiliating Super Bowl loss. He's really not that smart of a GM.

He's been signing aging injury prone players, including Manning, at the end of their careers chasing one Super Bowl win, that's it. He's trying to build a one year SB winning team. He's not preparing for the future, nor for a team that can compete consistently for consecutive seasons. Hey, maybe it's worth it to some, but I'd rather have a wise GM like Dorsey, who builds more through the draft, homegrown young and healthy players who can compete for years to come, and win consistently and for more than one season. I want a Dorsey & Reid dynasty, like Green Bay & the Pats built...not a one year contender.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    brdempsey....

There really aren't any people out there that think elway was better than Montana? Can't be. Nobody is that stupid. elway was good. DAMN good. But simply not in the same class as Montana.
    Are you kidding? Those stupid Donkeys fans post everywhere around the web about how Elway was the best QB ever & they continually try to undermine Montana's achievements saying stupid things like "Montana was a system QB" and "SF would have won 7 or 8 SB's during the 80's". Talk about self-delusion. First off, Montana made the West-Coast system, not the other way around, and Montana didn't play in a West Coast offense in high school or college and yet, exhibited the same clutch touch in high school and college that he did in the NFL. All QB's play in a 'system' of some sort. Secondly, the 49ers would not have won any SB's if Elway was their QB in '80's, as Elway was absolutely horrific in the SB's that the Donks lost to the Giants, Redskins, and Niners, whereas Montana owned the SB when he played in it.

Here's something else to consider. Remember the Chiefs last playoff win in '93 against Houston in the Astrodome with Montana as the starting QB? Here's a logical question which I can provide a legit answer to. Does anybody really believe that if Elway were QBing the Chiefs in that game instead of Montana that the Chiefs would have won that game? ANSWER: No freaking way -- Elway always struggled playing in the Astrodome and I can't recall him and the Donks ever winning down there, whereas Montana's teams NEVER lost to Texas-based teams with Joe as the starting QB in college and in the NFL, EVER. And it's good thing for Dallas that they didn't have to face Montana and the Chiefs in the SB after the '93 season, as they most likely would have suffered the same fate as the Oilers.

Donkeys fans try to undermine Montana's acievements out of pure JEALOUSY because they know in their hearts and minds that he outperformed Elway in every facet of the game through their careers and was clearly the better QB all the way around the horn. They're still puked out about the beating they got Montana and the Niners in SB 24.

For many of us Chiefs fans, our all-time favorite QB is Len Dawson, but we can't pretend that Dawson was a better QB than Joe Montana, the way Donkeys fans do with Turd Elway. If you had a choice of those 3 QB's in their prime & could take one of them to put on your football team, you would have to go with Montana hands down. Honestly, I really don't believe I could give a real big edge to Elway over Dawson as a QB. Sure, Elway had a better arm and was a better athlete than Dawson, but that doesn't make him a better QB than Dawson or a better passer.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    As to holding. It is true that all teams get away with holding. I think most O-linemen practice and get coached to learn how to hold without getting caught. But without a doubt the donks were WAY OVER THE TOP this past season. If it was any worse the donkey 0-line would have been carrying guns and shooting pass rushers. I'm not ready to say it was a conspiracy but if it happens against next year it will be very hard not to believe that something is not going on.
    The point is that teams don't get away with it BLATANTLY in front of the officials like Denver does, they get flagged. That's what CJ was illustrating with the pic she posted and that totally negates any phony argument along the lines of "all teams get way with holding". BTW, I watched Eric Fisher closely on every one of his snaps in 2013 via NFL Game Rewind and I didn't see him holding opposing defenders on a repeated basis and getting away with it, as he seldom held anybody and got flagged for it when he did.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    You said you ignored me anyways, but I'm not going to take the approach of when denver does something "oh, just a terrible move, they cheated in the past, they messed up their franchise". I'm not going to look at it different ways. I have friends that are bronco fans (because when you grow up in montana, that's considered the "local team"), so when i talk to them, i'm not going to have a dumb conversation with them when they say "Denver signed so and so", i'm not going to respond with "hahahaha, you're team is so stupid, making dumb actions".
    I had ignored you, but that's now changed & if the quote that you posted didn't make you aware of that, then you obviously have the brain of a demented duck.

Nobody here cares who's in your local area & what conversations you have with them or how you deal with Donkeys fans in your own sphere, as it has NOTHING to do with what we are posting here on this site regarding OUR grievances with the Donkeys which we have provided a whole slew of valid points repeatedly, and yet, you keep posting your stupid & illogical response & posting GIF's of Jennifer Lawrence and Micheal Jordan over and over, again like a Donkeys homer would generally do.

If your going to be dumb enough to come to a Chiefs fans site and defend the Donkeys, with nothing to really validate your arguments, then you better be smart enough to figure out that somebody is going to call you out.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I had ignored you, but that's now changed & if the quote that you posted didn't make you aware of that, then you obviously have the brain of a demented duck.

Nobody here cares who's in your local area & what conversations you have with them or how you deal with Donkeys fans in your own sphere, as it has NOTHING to do with what we are posting here on this site regarding OUR grievances with the Donkeys which we have provided a whole slew of valid points repeatedly, and yet, you keep posting your stupid & illogical response & posting GIF's of Jennifer Lawrence and Micheal Jordan over and over, again like a Donkeys homer would generally do.

If your going to be dumb enough to come to a Chiefs fans site and defend the Donkeys, with nothing to really validate your arguments, then you better be smart enough to figure out that somebody is going to call you out.
    Yeah i'm so dumb for stating what you said.

People said denver's move is foolish and dumb. I said it's what they think will help them and cover needs. But i'm sorry i'll join the circle jerk and trash the moves

"denver is so dumb with these signings. What do they think they'll get out of this. They barely beat KC and they think adding a CB who got injured in the playoffs last year, a DE who is on the wrong side of 30, and a saftey that played for the browns (lol), is going to top what WE are doing. No it won't, Dorsey and Reid are brining in a new generation of chiefs (i know i stated that the last time we got a new gm and head coach, bu this time i'm certain it will work). KC is going to dominate the AFC West, not next year but the following years to come because we have a Defense with a lot of pro bowlers, we didn't give up 17 points until after the bye week. Alex Smith has shown he can play (and i'm being really serious here, I ADMIT i did not like alex signing but he won me over) and he'll get in sync with bowe and they'll burn that secondary of Denver lol. Peyton will choke away everything and denver won't win anything again. The only reaosn they win is because the NFL helps them out. refs give them games all the time."

Is that better.

I'll keep coming, i'll keep making the same arguments for the rival teams until a mod thinks i'm bad for this thread and bans me. These signings are good right now. Until its proven wrong on the field, i'll keep saying these were good signings for them.

Yeah i'm so dumb for stating what you said.

People said denver's move is foolish and dumb. I said it's what they think will help them and cover needs. But i'm sorry i'll join the circle jerk and trash the moves

"denver is so dumb with these signings. What do they think they'll get out of this. They barely beat KC and they think adding a CB who got injured in the playoffs last year, a DE who is on the wrong side of 30, and a saftey that played for the browns (lol), is going to top what WE are doing. No it won't, Dorsey and Reid are brining in a new generation of chiefs (i know i stated that the last time we got a new gm and head coach, bu this time i'm certain it will work). KC is going to dominate the AFC West, not next year but the following years to come because we have a Defense with a lot of pro bowlers, we didn't give up 17 points until after the bye week. Alex Smith has shown he can play (and i'm being really serious here, I ADMIT i did not like alex signing but he won me over) and he'll get in sync with bowe and they'll burn that secondary of Denver lol. Peyton will choke away everything and denver won't win anything again. The only reaosn they win is because the NFL helps them out. refs give them games all the time."

Is that better.

I'll keep coming, i'll keep making the same arguments for the rival teams until a mod thinks i'm bad for this thread and bans me. These signings are good right now. Until its proven wrong on the field, i'll keep saying these were good signings for them.
    I didn't say for you to be a circle jerk or to rip anything completely out of context or make any further stupid and illogical statements. Nobody here cares if Denver thinks what they did was right for them & everybody is already aware of that anyways, Captain Obvious.

If you think those signings were good for them, go tell it the Donkeys fans on their site. CJ's analysis about the Donkeys foolishly handing out these big contracts to Ware and Talib, still stands and it was pointed out already that they didn't have to overspend like that for just two players & why they didn't have to, as well. But, of course, you are too big of an illiterate to read and fully comprehend that, aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I didn't say for you to be a circle jerk or to rip anything completely out of context or make any further stupid and illogical statements. Nobody here cares if Denver thinks what they did was right for them & everybody is already aware of that anyways, Captain Obvious.

If you think those signings were good for them, go tell it the Donkeys fans on their site. CJ's analysis about the Donkeys foolishly handing out these big contracts to Ware and Talib, still stands and it was pointed out already that they didn't have to overspend like that for just two players & why they didn't have to, as well. But, of course, you are too big of an illiterate to read and fully comprehend that, aren't you?
    i no can read

i no can read
    We know that already.

No reason to state the obvious.

Is that what a troll confession looks like? Figure out some little angle to tick everyone off, then run and hide behind the rules or the moderators?

If not, then I'm assuming your admiring the way the Broncos front office has conducted itself. Yeah, when you can sign free agents left and right without worrying about the cap, or always get the refs to look the other way, yes your team will consistently be successful. How 'bout them Broncos. Yep. Winners.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Is that what a troll confession looks like? Figure out some little angle to tick everyone off, then run and hide behind the rules or the moderators?

If not, then I'm assuming your admiring the way the Broncos front office has conducted itself. Yeah, when you can sign free agents left and right without worrying about the cap, or always get the refs to look the other way, yes your team will consistently be successful. How 'bout them Broncos. Yep. Winners.
    Yessiree, just like the Donkeys were outright SB champs from 1999 -- 2013. Oh wait......they didn't make it to the SB from 1999 -- 2012, and they weren't able to cheat their way to a 3rd SB trophy in 2013, like they had cheated their way to 2 SB trophies in '97 and '98, because this time, their opponent ( Seattle ) ripped their guts out and proved the Donkeys were frauds and pretenders, just like so many Donkeys fans had accused the Chiefs of being during the 2013 season.

Some impressive arguments in this thread. But I see this topic pretty black and white. The Donks are building for tomorrow by attempting to buy a Superbowl. That didn't work out so good for Philli - and I don't think it will work for the Donks. The Chiefs are in a small market - and simply can't afford the millions for these high-priced free agents. We must build through the draft - relying more on superior management skills more than millions of dollars. That management is currently in place. In 1-2 years, the Donks will be a bloated team full of unmanageable, over-priced contracts and will be forced to rebuild. And still no Superbowl. The Chiefs, however, will be a hungry, young team building a DYNASTY under Reid and Dorsey. There is no doubt in my mind that this will happen. We must be a patient bunch here (45 years since last Superbowl?) lt's gonna take a couple years to undo the Edwards/Haley/Pioli fiasco. We're doing this right now. It will happen - and maybe not this season - but shortly thereafter. And how much more rewarding it will be for us as fans to win it all with superior management and determination rather than dollars. GO CHIEFS!
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Some impressive arguments in this thread. But I see this topic pretty black and white. The Donks are building for tomorrow by attempting to buy a Superbowl. That didn't work out so good for Philli - and I don't think it will work for the Donks. The Chiefs are in a small market - and simply can't afford the millions for these high-priced free agents. We must build through the draft - relying more on superior management skills more than millions of dollars. That management is currently in place. In 1-2 years, the Donks will be a bloated team full of unmanageable, over-priced contracts and will be forced to rebuild. And still no Superbowl. The Chiefs, however, will be a hungry, young team building a DYNASTY under Reid and Dorsey. There is no doubt in my mind that this will happen. We must be a patient bunch here (45 years since last Superbowl?) lt's gonna take a couple years to undo the Edwards/Haley/Pioli fiasco. We're doing this right now. It will happen - and maybe not this season - but shortly thereafter. And how much more rewarding it will be for us as fans to win it all with superior management and determination rather than dollars. GO CHIEFS!
    My thoughts exactly. The Chiefs are still a work in progress & they need a couple of seasons to get all the pieces in place. Specifically a couple more drafts under this regime that bring in a stable of good football players. The Chiefs O-Line is still a work in progress & the Defensive Front 7 is good, but not elite just yet and they could use some help in both those areas. Also need a couple more bonafide playemakers at WR, Kelce to stay healthy and develop at TE, and another good CB and Safety.

I like the players that were selected in the 2013 draft, but the problem was they all got bit by the injury bug at some point or another during the 2013 season, except C Eric Kush, and if they can all have better luck physically and all step up their game, they could make a huge impact in 2014.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast