Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 231

Thread: Elway's a fool for signing some FA's he has...

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Default Elway's a fool for signing some FA's he has...


    3 Not allowed!
    Yep, that's right. I think Elway's a fool for signing Ware and Talib in particular. I'm not alone, several pro analyst articles I've read have more or less said the same...the signings were "risky".

    I don't know why some Chiefs fans are worried and think the donkey signings were so great. Below is a quote from one pro analyst:

    "Ware was just released by the Dallas Cowboys Tuesday afternoon at the official start of the NFL free-agent period: the team didn't want to carry his $16 million salary cap figure for the 2014 season. Ware turns 32 before the start of the season, was hampered by quad injuries and finished with a career low six sacks in a career low 13 games."

    I don't know why some think the signing of Talib was all that great, either. The quote below is from another NFL pro analyst giving thoughts on the donkey's latest signings:

    "Talib is a risk, too. He's had hip injuries and also incurred some off field issues, which ran him out of Tampa Bay just a few years ago. Plus, last we saw of him he was being taken out in the playoff game by the Bronco' Wes Welker on a play Bill Belichick called one of the dirtiest he had ever seen. Clearly, Talib has forgotten, or was charmed by dollar signs, whatever."

    The donkey's signed two injury prone aging players. One of which has had off field issues, too, and another coming off his worst career year ever, and they spent $87 million to sign those two "risky" players. I don't call that making "great" moves on Elway's part, rather, call it foolish.

    Elway's ego has more to do with who he's signing than any other factor. He's trying to make a media splash because his ego LOVES the attention, but he's also trying to redeem himself & the franchise after their pathetic humiliating Super Bowl loss. He's really not that smart of a GM.

    He's been signing aging injury prone players, including Manning, at the end of their careers chasing one Super Bowl win, that's it. He's trying to build a one year SB winning team. He's not preparing for the future, nor for a team that can compete consistently for consecutive seasons. Hey, maybe it's worth it to some, but I'd rather have a wise GM like Dorsey, who builds more through the draft, homegrown young and healthy players who can compete for years to come, and win consistently and for more than one season. I want a Dorsey & Reid dynasty, like Green Bay & the Pats built...not a one year contender.

    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

  2. #11
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Miles City, Montana
    Posts
    1,601
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 120

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I don't think that anyone disagrees with the Denver is in win now mode. BUT that like I've said has never been a proven way to win. In fact it just leads to trouble. I go back to the uncapped year we had a few years ago. A lot of teams loaded up for that season. Who went to the superbow? Pittsburgh and Green Bay. Two teams who build there team through the draft and don't go out and spend a lot in free agency. What Denver is doing sounds great on paper but as we have seen over the years on paper doesn't mean it will be great on the field. Denver is going with the method that has a track record of failing more often then not.

    As for the Manning point. I don't anyone says he sucks. Just that he's overrated. The talking heads on tv tell you he's the best ever BLAH BLAH BLAH. He's not. He has thrown way to many game costing picks late in the playoffs to be there. He's good. He's a hall of famer without question but he's not close to the best ever. Comparing Cassel and Manning deal is insane. No one is saying that Cassel is the best ever. They are about Manning. It's just not the same
    The manning and cassel comparison was more along the lines of when a team manning is QB for loses "lol manning sucks lost the game"

    When cassel was playing like crap all game "guys its not all cassel's fault, its other problems as well"

  3. #12
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Miles City, Montana
    Posts
    1,601
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 120

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Nobody has said the Donkeys didn't a have a good team, as you were suggesting or was imply anything else that you were suggesting, STUPID. Your so-called "points" weren't even remotely suggested by anybody. What others are saying is this FA spending by the Donkeys could damage them over the long haul.

    I don't know what you current occupation is, but you should go to the closest hospital and apply for a job as a bedpan, because with your IQ equivelant, you can't miss.
    The donks don't care about the long haul, they've gotten out of messes before and became a contender pretty fast. When you have a team that got to the super bowl and your QB is aging but showed he can still play, they're going to build around that. What is elway suppose to do, sit on his hands and do nothing "we got to the super bowl, but lost. Might as well build for the future even tho my future HoF QB is still playing." The fans want to see that super bowl win, elway wants the super win, that whole team wants the super bowl win. It's risky, but don't act like its a dumb move. Chiefs are rebuilding, Denver is ready to win.

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,230
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 582
    Given: 773

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    The donks don't care about the long haul, they've gotten out of messes before and became a contender pretty fast. When you have a team that got to the super bowl and your QB is aging but showed he can still play, they're going to build around that. What is elway suppose to do, sit on his hands and do nothing "we got to the super bowl, but lost. Might as well build for the future even tho my future HoF QB is still playing." The fans want to see that super bowl win, elway wants the super win, that whole team wants the super bowl win. It's risky, but don't act like its a dumb move. Chiefs are rebuilding, Denver is ready to win.
    You really are void of any grey matter between the ears if you can't figure out that 87 mill in contracts between two players -- both of whom will not help them surpass the NFC Powers, as Ware is not that big of an upgrade over Shaun Phillips, and Talib is not an upgrade over Rodgers Cromartie (assuming he doesn't resign) -- isn't fiscally incompetent. They've paid all this money for two players to replace two players of similar caliber that most likely they could have resigned for a lot less <--that's what CJ and others are pointing out and that they haven't bolstered their talent level a whole lot. What part of that don't you get?

    Are you really stupid enough to believe that if the Donkeys had Ware and Talib, instead of Phillips and DRC, that they would've beaten the Hawks in the SB? FAT CHANCE!!!!!

    All you've ever illustrated to anybody is that if someone were light a candle and hold it beside your right ear & then blew in your left ear, they'd blow the damn candle out.

  5. #14
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,264
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 734

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    OR

    Elway is doing this because they have a team that made the NFL. And by saying the Broncos don't have a super caliber team, you just shot down the whole AFC (yes including the chiefs). They are in a win now mode. I get it, were chiefs fans and we're suppose to circle-jerk about how bad the donkeys are "see that super loss, hahaha so funny". At least they ****ing made the super bowl. I don't look at manning the same way a lot of you guys do, dude has 11 wins in the playoffs, how many do the chiefs have in the same span.......0, "but he sucks and he's the reason their team loses" oh okay but cassel was not the only problem when chiefs were bad

    Like i said, it get it, some of you want this to be a circle-jerk about "this is the chiefs year, doresy and reid will lead us to the promise land, all the teams in the afc west are going to be terrible for years to come".
    The Broncos made the NFL ?!? Dude, Elway has you hook, line & sinker.

    Actually I didn't mention the SB loss, just questioned GM Elway's battle plan of "Sign the biggest name free agents for huge dollars, so that my $95 million dollar 38 year old QB - with a history of neck surgery and zero mobility - can feel more secure about staying with the team." But now that you bring it up, Manning didn't live up to his pricetag once he got to the SB, and it's not like Elway's other acquisitions did anything to help.

    Calling what the Chiefs front office are doing right now a "circle jerk" is WAY off base. The Broncos (fortunately for them) have not had to suffer through a 2-14 season like the one we had in '12. Dorsey and Reid are simply playing the hand they've been dealt this year. And unlike the Hee-haw squad, just can't picture Clark Hunt violating the cap rules blowing money hand over fist.

  6. #15
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,230
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 582
    Given: 773

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Are you really stupid enough to believe that if the Donkeys had Ware and Talib, instead of Phillips and DRC, that they would've beaten the Hawks in the SB? FAT CHANCE!!!!!
    Oh, and I forgot to add to that, obviously Elway is stupid enough to believe it, but that's not surprising since Elway is stupid enough to think that he was in the same class as Joe Montana when it came to playing QB, but the rest of the world, outside of the Donkeys camp, actually saw differently when they were actually on the playing field, and the rest of the world saw that Elway was never in Montana's class.

  7. #16
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    OR

    Elway is doing this because they have a team that made the NFL. And by saying the Broncos don't have a super caliber team, you just shot down the whole AFC (yes including the chiefs). They are in a win now mode. I get it, were chiefs fans and we're suppose to circle-jerk about how bad the donkeys are "see that super loss, hahaha so funny". At least they ****ing made the super bowl. I don't look at manning the same way a lot of you guys do, dude has 11 wins in the playoffs, how many do the chiefs have in the same span.......0, "but he sucks and he's the reason their team loses" oh okay but cassel was not the only problem when chiefs were bad



    Like i said, it get it, some of you want this to be a circle-jerk about "this is the chiefs year, doresy and reid will lead us to the promise land, all the teams in the afc west are going to be terrible for years to come".
    Call it as I see it, because the reality is...Chiefs are NOT a SB caliber team, either...yet, that is. That said however, I do believe the Chiefs would've scored more than 8 pts. in the Super Bowl playing against Seattle. I don't believe the donkey's would've made it to SB had it not been for their weak schedule, and for refs allowing opposing defenses to be held without flagging Denver's offensive line.

    Sure, all teams get away with holds now & then, or other penalities, but the donkey's were getting away with it EVERY game, and there were many non called holds EVERY game they played. Manning is the NFL's most valuable $$$ making player with marketing, endorsements, as well as is the media's big money maker. They all stand to lose millions if Manning goes down in a game seriously injured and can't return. I believe the refs were giving Manning, the NFL & media's biggest $$$ making investment...'extra' protection. There are many more photo's to back it up.



    1535491_10203158514708066_786067615_n.jpg1526981_10152153984661955_1583550826_n.jpg

    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

  8. #17
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Default


    2 Not allowed!
    I'd be a fool if I didn't question how many TD's and yards would Manning have thrown in 2013 had the refs thrown flags on Manning's O-Line for holding opposing defenses. I speculate many QB's could've been more successful if their O-Lines were allowed to hold, including blatent choke holds right in front of refs vision.

    1475940_10201981946123304_861661842_n.jpg

    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

  9. #18
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,230
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 582
    Given: 773

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    ^^Thanks for the pics CJ. And there are pics of those chokeholds from the game in KC, as well, I'm sure.

    But, doobs_05 is a Donkeys fan & it wouldn't matter if your original post was put into braille and shoved up his arse. He still wouldn't comprehend what you were pointing out.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 03-14-2014 at 06:45 PM.

  10. #19
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Miles City, Montana
    Posts
    1,601
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 120

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    ^^Thanks for the pics CJ. And there are pics of those chokeholds from the game in KC, as well, I'm sure.

    But, doobs_05 is a Donkeys fan & it wouldn't matter if your original post was put into braille and shoved up his arse. He still wouldn't comprehend what you were pointing out.
    hahahahahahaha, just because i'm not a blind homer doesnt mean i'm not a fan. Any time a person says one bad thing about the chiefs, everyone flips out and calls them *SHOCKED* A BRONCO FAN.

    Every team gets away with holding calls. KC pass rush was disappearing even before the Denver game. But if you want to make excuse for KC and why they can't win games, go for it.

    Denver got to the super bowl (if you want to say the refs helped them, go for it), but my point to this whole thing is denver is in a win now mode, i bet its peytons final year. No way denver does not re-sign DT and VM. They brought in players they thought could help them win. Its just like the chiefs brining in players.
    Last edited by doobs_05; 03-14-2014 at 07:09 PM.

  11. #20
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Miles City, Montana
    Posts
    1,601
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 120

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    The Broncos made the NFL ?!? Dude, Elway has you hook, line & sinker.

    Actually I didn't mention the SB loss, just questioned GM Elway's battle plan of "Sign the biggest name free agents for huge dollars, so that my $95 million dollar 38 year old QB - with a history of neck surgery and zero mobility - can feel more secure about staying with the team." But now that you bring it up, Manning didn't live up to his pricetag once he got to the SB, and it's not like Elway's other acquisitions did anything to help.

    Calling what the Chiefs front office are doing right now a "circle jerk" is WAY off base. The Broncos (fortunately for them) have not had to suffer through a 2-14 season like the one we had in '12. Dorsey and Reid are simply playing the hand they've been dealt this year. And unlike the Hee-haw squad, just can't picture Clark Hunt violating the cap rules blowing money hand over fist.
    WE'VE BEEN SAYING THAT FOR 3 ****ING YEARS NOW! And nothing has happen to Peyton *inb4, the line holds all the damn time* This is what i'm talking about. It's always going to happen, "denver will lose to kc in arrowhead" denver wins "denver will lose in the first round" wins "NE will beat Denver, brady has Peytons number" denver wins "they'll lose in the super bowl" they lose "hahahah see i told you" yeah after you guessed it so many times.

    The "broncos made the NFL" should of been super bowl, my bad lol

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. ESPN 30 for 30: Elway to Marino
    By doobs_05 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-24-2013, 07:39 PM
  2. A Couple good April Fool's Jokes from the Sports World
    By Ryfo18 in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-02-2010, 12:46 AM
  3. A fool and his money...
    By Chiefster in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-30-2007, 01:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •