Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 231

Thread: Elway's a fool for signing some FA's he has...

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Default Elway's a fool for signing some FA's he has...


    3 Not allowed!
    Yep, that's right. I think Elway's a fool for signing Ware and Talib in particular. I'm not alone, several pro analyst articles I've read have more or less said the same...the signings were "risky".

    I don't know why some Chiefs fans are worried and think the donkey signings were so great. Below is a quote from one pro analyst:

    "Ware was just released by the Dallas Cowboys Tuesday afternoon at the official start of the NFL free-agent period: the team didn't want to carry his $16 million salary cap figure for the 2014 season. Ware turns 32 before the start of the season, was hampered by quad injuries and finished with a career low six sacks in a career low 13 games."

    I don't know why some think the signing of Talib was all that great, either. The quote below is from another NFL pro analyst giving thoughts on the donkey's latest signings:

    "Talib is a risk, too. He's had hip injuries and also incurred some off field issues, which ran him out of Tampa Bay just a few years ago. Plus, last we saw of him he was being taken out in the playoff game by the Bronco' Wes Welker on a play Bill Belichick called one of the dirtiest he had ever seen. Clearly, Talib has forgotten, or was charmed by dollar signs, whatever."

    The donkey's signed two injury prone aging players. One of which has had off field issues, too, and another coming off his worst career year ever, and they spent $87 million to sign those two "risky" players. I don't call that making "great" moves on Elway's part, rather, call it foolish.

    Elway's ego has more to do with who he's signing than any other factor. He's trying to make a media splash because his ego LOVES the attention, but he's also trying to redeem himself & the franchise after their pathetic humiliating Super Bowl loss. He's really not that smart of a GM.

    He's been signing aging injury prone players, including Manning, at the end of their careers chasing one Super Bowl win, that's it. He's trying to build a one year SB winning team. He's not preparing for the future, nor for a team that can compete consistently for consecutive seasons. Hey, maybe it's worth it to some, but I'd rather have a wise GM like Dorsey, who builds more through the draft, homegrown young and healthy players who can compete for years to come, and win consistently and for more than one season. I want a Dorsey & Reid dynasty, like Green Bay & the Pats built...not a one year contender.

    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

  2. #151
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Miles City, Montana
    Posts
    1,621
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 121

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Okay, so can i say that my friends that are not bronco fans think this whole denver cheatin in 97 and 98 (one being a dolphins fan and another a Pittsburg fan) think it is what it is, it happen and we should focus more on how our team should get to the playoffs and/or super bowl next year?


    I'm glad you seen it, but i'm never going to believe that denver is the only team that gets away with holding calls. Everyteam doesn, the reason i can't give you the info you want is because i watch chiefs games and track players on fantasy football, and that's it. So i don't have the privilege to watch every game and know that denver is the only team that gets away with things. And with other teams cheating, can't tell you because some teams probably haven't been caught (unlike, NE, Dal, Den, Washington, NO, and players with steroids)

    I like how your evidence is 2 pictures btw on 2 seperate plays. getting the calls all the time i see.

  3. #152
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Miles City, Montana
    Posts
    1,621
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 121

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    On the contrary, it does help me when multitudes of others are acknowledging the same thing and they aren't all Chiefs fans.

    And regarding the Donks fans in your hometown that wouldn't rank Elway #1, does that mean you alone by yourself? I'm willing to bet it does.



    Nice try at side-stepping what I asked, but you fail.

    Once again you are humping your neighbors dog & ripping things out of context. Nobody said they thought "the refs get every call". What was said that they are blatantly ignoring holding calls on the Donks & there was pictorial evidence to prove it & that they would indeed have thrown a flag on any of the other teams, because I've seen the refs throw the flags on the other teams, just like they did to Seattle in the SB when the refs saw holding and it was blatantly obvious.
    You didn't watch the super bowl, remember

  4. #153
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,322
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 607
    Given: 788

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Okay, so can i say that my friends that are not bronco fans think this whole denver cheatin in 97 and 98 (one being a dolphins fan and another a Pittsburg fan) think it is what it is, it happen and we should focus more on how our team should get to the playoffs and/or super bowl next year?
    Very well, but I don't believe the Chiefs have arrived at a SB contending position just yet, and neither does any Chiefs fan who is a realist.

    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post


    I'm glad you seen it, but i'm never going to believe that denver is the only team that gets away with holding calls. Everyteam doesn, the reason i can't give you the info you want is because i watch chiefs games and track players on fantasy football, and that's it. So i don't have the privilege to watch every game and know that denver is the only team that gets away with things. And with other teams cheating, can't tell you because some teams probably haven't been caught (unlike, NE, Dal, Den, Washington, NO, and players with steroids).
    Your missing the point. The point is the refs were BLATANTLY ignoring the Donks holding repeatedly last year and that was not the case in previous years from 1999-2012 -- they DID get called for them. Nor were they resorting to illegal pick plays until last year. Regardless of what you believe, other teams last year were not getting away with blatant holding that the officials saw on the scale that the Donks were & as I said before I watched Eric Fisher extremely closely on every one of his snaps and anytime he held an opposing defender, he got called for it, but the truth is, Fisher seldom held any one.

    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post



    I like how your evidence is 2 pictures btw on 2 seperate plays. getting the calls all the time i see.
    Don't kid yourself into thinking that many more pictures couldn't be posted, if one wanted to. And yet, you'd probably come up with the same phony argument of "all teams get away with holding", even if 100 different pics were posted.

    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    You didn't watch the super bowl, remember
    No, I said I didn't watch it until after I had heard the Hawks had won. I watched it several times in delight via NFL Game Rewind, afterwards. You're trying to suggest that I didn't watch it at all, and that's not the case.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 03-20-2014 at 08:46 PM.

  5. #154
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Miles City, Montana
    Posts
    1,621
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 121

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    And see, you have the NFL Rewind to re watch these games. But the one problem is, you can say "i saw they missed this" but you need to source it, make a video and say "here is where they missed it' but the big problem with that is the NFL likes to shut down their videos without their permission (sometimes).

    I will always be on the side of the fence that says "teams cheat, players cheat, and both get away with a lot of calls" I was going to point out that denver was 7th in the penalties on offense, but i already know you're rebuttle will be "you don't know which penalties were called (holding offsides) and i'm talking about missed ones"

    I acknoledge denver cheated in the past AND I'M SUPER SURPRISED you haven't talked about the vassoline in 97 yet (come on son!), i was waiting for that one. But someone directed me to an article by Mark Slyrathith (i butchered that name bad) and he stated (and again you won't agree with him at all) they did it to get the refs attention, so they would make the correct calls in the trench (he talked about the game they lost in KC how defenders were holding them so they couldn't pull guard fast enough).

    It's time to end this, no one wants this thread to keep popping up even tho this is the only thing we as KC fans can talk about because "offseason".

  6. #155
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Miles City, Montana
    Posts
    1,621
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 121

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    since edit won't work heres the link to the penalties in 2013 for offense

    http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/st...enalties/2013/

  7. #156
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,322
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 607
    Given: 788

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    And see, you have the NFL Rewind to re watch these games. But the one problem is, you can say "i saw they missed this" but you need to source it, make a video and say "here is where they missed it' but the big problem with that is the NFL likes to shut down their videos without their permission (sometimes).
    Says who? Why don't you purchase an NFL Game Rewind subscription and go watch closely for yourself? Or are you too fearful?

    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    I will always be on the side of the fence that says "teams cheat, players cheat, and both get away with a lot of calls" I was going to point out that denver was 7th in the penalties on offense, but i already know you're rebuttle will be "you don't know which penalties were called (holding offsides) and i'm talking about missed ones"
    Don't care what side of any fence you are on. All that's telling anybody is their ranking should have been higher, probably 1st. And you don't know what each of those specific infractions were, so what's your point? 70 penalties, 461 rushing plays, and 675 passing plays. None of which changes the fact that they should been called for a lot more than just 70 and given the number of plays they ran from scrimmage, the Donks being ranked 7th in most penalties is quite misleading. Also proves they didn't play against any legit Defenses, as the SB also proved.

    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post

    I acknoledge denver cheated in the past AND I'M SUPER SURPRISED you haven't talked about the vassoline in 97 yet (come on son!), i was waiting for that one. But someone directed me to an article by Mark Slyrathith (i butchered that name bad) and he stated (and again you won't agree with him at all) they did it to get the refs attention, so they would make the correct calls in the trench (he talked about the game they lost in KC how defenders were holding them so they couldn't pull guard fast enough).
    You are incorrect. eydugstr and I have discussed that here on this forum before, amongst other dirty tactics that Donkeys blockers were getting away with at that time, all taught to them by an O-Line coach named Alex Gibbs You simply haven't been paying attention. Are you really dumb enough to believe Schlereth's statement that they wore greasy substance to "get the refs attention so that they'd make the correct calls in the trench". That's a crock of BS. Defenders have always been allowed to grab Offensive blockers on running plays & opposing O-Lineman on passing plays since the game was invented and that has never changed. If the refs made the proper call, they would have ejected the Donks O-Lineman from the game because that is a blatant violation of league rules, same as using stickum which got outlawed in the early '80's. They weren't even made to take those jerseys off in that game & all they did was wipe them with towels. Schlereth is just being a clever liar like his twin brothers Elway and Bowlen.

    And everybody saw what happened to Terrel Davis in '99 when those dirty blocking tactics were taken away from them. Davis got the living hell beaten out of him and didn't last 4 games into the '99 season and his career was essentially over.

    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post

    It's time to end this, no one wants this thread to keep popping up even tho this is the only thing we as KC fans can talk about because "offseason".
    Running away due to the difficulty you seem to be having refuting a whole slew of valid points that I've made, are we?
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 03-21-2014 at 12:31 AM.

  8. #157
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    847
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 16

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    I should get a life, and have my head examined. I just read this entire post desperately searching for so Chiefs news. I was denied.

  9. #158
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    847
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 16

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I should get a life, and have my head examined. I just read this entire post desperately searching for so Chiefs news.

  10. #159
    Member Since
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    172
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 51

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Invalid examples. Those were controversial plays, but those were the exception, not the rule.

    Those aren't along the same vein as the the Donkeys getting away with BLATANT rules infractions on continued basis as has been illustrated repeatedly. A 2-yr old could figure that, but you can't?



    WRONG!! I'm quite aware of the two different teams the Chiefs had to play as opposed to the Donkeys ( NE and Balt ). The opponents are predetermined, but the sequence in which they play them is not -- it's determined during the off-season and therefore it raises legit questions about why the Donkey's got an easy start to the 1st half of the '97 and '98 and even 2013 seasons.



    That's completely bogus. It doesn't happen all the time & in fact, the NFL is coming forth with their explanations of why they are handing out fines for what they consider to be illegal hits. I've seen them do that on NFL.com time and again. Regarding Jerome Woods hit on Ed McCaffery that Woods was fined 10k for, there was no explanation for it or any just cause for it. In fact, McCafferey wasn't even knocked to the ground on that play & if Woods doesn't hit him, then McCaffery catches that tipped pass for a TD and the rules clearly state that once a ball is tipped, then contact is allowed. Woods was innocent of any wrong-doing on that play.
    The Broncos getting an easy start those years is not a conspiracy to give them an advantage. Its to have favorable TV matchups during the stretch drive to the playoffs. There's a reason BAL and PIT don't usually play each other until the second half of the season. The NFL is banking both teams will be good and in a playoff run. Makes for better TV viewership.

  11. #160
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Miles City, Montana
    Posts
    1,621
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 121

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Says who? Why don't you purchase an NFL Game Rewind subscription and go watch closely for yourself? Or are you too fearful?



    Don't care what side of any fence you are on. All that's telling anybody is their ranking should have been higher, probably 1st. And you don't know what each of those specific infractions were, so what's your point? 70 penalties, 461 rushing plays, and 675 passing plays. None of which changes the fact that they should been called for a lot more than just 70 and given the number of plays they ran from scrimmage, the Donks being ranked 7th in most penalties is quite misleading. Also proves they didn't play against any legit Defenses, as the SB also proved.



    You are incorrect. eydugstr and I have discussed that here on this forum before, amongst other dirty tactics that Donkeys blockers were getting away with at that time, all taught to them by an O-Line coach named Alex Gibbs You simply haven't been paying attention. Are you really dumb enough to believe Schlereth's statement that they wore greasy substance to "get the refs attention so that they'd make the correct calls in the trench". That's a crock of BS. Defenders have always been allowed to grab Offensive blockers on running plays & opposing O-Lineman on passing plays since the game was invented and that has never changed. If the refs made the proper call, they would have ejected the Donks O-Lineman from the game because that is a blatant violation of league rules, same as using stickum which got outlawed in the early '80's. They weren't even made to take those jerseys off in that game & all they did was wipe them with towels. Schlereth is just being a clever liar like his twin brothers Elway and Bowlen.

    And everybody saw what happened to Terrel Davis in '99 when those dirty blocking tactics were taken away from them. Davis got the living hell beaten out of him and didn't last 4 games into the '99 season and his career was essentially over.



    Running away due to the difficulty you seem to be having refuting a whole slew of valid points that I've made, are we?
    Well since you don't want to to drop i guess we shall continue.


    Yes i'm going to take a fellow chiefs fan opinion about denver being the team that gets away with the most calls without any evidence other than 2 pictures. That's like a philly fan saying cowboys get away with all the calls but doesn't want to prove it. Why would i subscribe to NFL Rewind? Why would i want to watch every bronco game, or pakcers game, or 49ers game. Is it safe to say you're a broncos fan because you watch all their games? Believe in your fantasy land that denver gets every call.

    Also the dude who told me about the article about the trenches and vassoline was a Pittsburgh fan (a team that beat denver in the regular season and then lost in the post season).

    But please continue your hatred for denver, continue the conspiracy that denver is getting away with every call known to man. It's enjoyable, go get your stack of Denver games on VHS and re watch them and tell me which game they got away with calls other than a chiefs game.

    I'm surprised you haven't gone to name calling yet, which you like to do, but i think you can't because you'll get in trouble again.

Similar Threads

  1. ESPN 30 for 30: Elway to Marino
    By doobs_05 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-24-2013, 07:39 PM
  2. A Couple good April Fool's Jokes from the Sports World
    By Ryfo18 in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-02-2010, 12:46 AM
  3. A fool and his money...
    By Chiefster in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-30-2007, 01:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •