Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Elway's a fool for signing some FA's he has...

Default Elway's a fool for signing some FA's he has...

Yep, that's right. I think Elway's a fool for signing Ware and Talib in particular. I'm not alone, several pro analyst articles I've read have more or less said the same...the signings were "risky".

I don't know why some Chiefs fans are worried and think the donkey signings were so great. Below is a quote from one pro analyst:

"Ware was just released by the Dallas Cowboys Tuesday afternoon at the official start of the NFL free-agent period: the team didn't want to carry his $16 million salary cap figure for the 2014 season. Ware turns 32 before the start of the season, was hampered by quad injuries and finished with a career low six sacks in a career low 13 games."

I don't know why some think the signing of Talib was all that great, either. The quote below is from another NFL pro analyst giving thoughts on the donkey's latest signings:

"Talib is a risk, too. He's had hip injuries and also incurred some off field issues, which ran him out of Tampa Bay just a few years ago. Plus, last we saw of him he was being taken out in the playoff game by the Bronco' Wes Welker on a play Bill Belichick called one of the dirtiest he had ever seen. Clearly, Talib has forgotten, or was charmed by dollar signs, whatever."

The donkey's signed two injury prone aging players. One of which has had off field issues, too, and another coming off his worst career year ever, and they spent $87 million to sign those two "risky" players. I don't call that making "great" moves on Elway's part, rather, call it foolish.

Elway's ego has more to do with who he's signing than any other factor. He's trying to make a media splash because his ego LOVES the attention, but he's also trying to redeem himself & the franchise after their pathetic humiliating Super Bowl loss. He's really not that smart of a GM.

He's been signing aging injury prone players, including Manning, at the end of their careers chasing one Super Bowl win, that's it. He's trying to build a one year SB winning team. He's not preparing for the future, nor for a team that can compete consistently for consecutive seasons. Hey, maybe it's worth it to some, but I'd rather have a wise GM like Dorsey, who builds more through the draft, homegrown young and healthy players who can compete for years to come, and win consistently and for more than one season. I want a Dorsey & Reid dynasty, like Green Bay & the Pats built...not a one year contender.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Because every bronco fan you've met and chatted with is every bronco fan in the world
    So you met every bronco fan alive. COLOR ME IMPRESSED!

I wonder if everyone thinks chiefs fans will boo an injury?
    Doobs....Anybody is going to question a report that uses a website named "www.It'salloverfatman.com" as a material source.

If the Broncos way of handling it's front office affairs is so great, Why isn't anybody typing the words "dynasty" and "Denver Broncos" together? I've read those words put together with Seattle.

Nobody is saying they're going to start a dynasty, they're going for 1 sb with manning at the helm, they have 3 years (tops) left (injuries could happen and end that). They're building for the now. When Peyton leaves, they'll build for tomorrow. Never once have I said this is a move that'll help them for years to come.

The dude also used overthecap as a site and even said its a "crude guesstimate" with the itsalloverfatman. It's just an article on a site (reddit.com/r/nfl) that has really good nfl dicsussions.

Nobody is saying they're going to start a dynasty, they're going for 1 sb with manning at the helm, they have 3 years (tops) left (injuries could happen and end that). They're building for the now. When Peyton leaves, they'll build for tomorrow. Never once have I said this is a move that'll help them for years to come.
    More like "gambling" instead of building. And yes, it was YOU that drug up the article in the first place, which read...

"This means that if Manning retires after the 2014 season the Broncos are currently going into the next offseason with $68 Million cap space, more than double what they entered with this year and after Talib, Ware and Ward are accounted for. And if Manning doesn’t retire this year he will retire the year after meaning the team can load contracts quite heavily towards that year."

Which was written via "Crude guesstimate" on a Broncos loving website. If you yourself didn't have faith in it, then why post it? If I posted it, I'd fully expect to get criticized from every angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    More like "gambling" instead of building. And yes, it was YOU that drug up the article in the first place, which read...

"This means that if Manning retires after the 2014 season the Broncos are currently going into the next offseason with $68 Million cap space, more than double what they entered with this year and after Talib, Ware and Ward are accounted for. And if Manning doesn’t retire this year he will retire the year after meaning the team can load contracts quite heavily towards that year."

Which was written via "Crude guesstimate" on a Broncos loving website. If you yourself didn't have faith in it, then why post it? If I posted it, I'd fully expect to get criticized from every angle.
    Yeah i drug the article up for the cap space, not to prove a dynasty was happening. The reddit community gave positive feedback on it. You can question it (I don't fault you on that) it can be taken as an idea of what is going on, but i also posted other things that showed the cap (overthecap and the SBNation Broncos page, but then again, you'll put that one down to because "broncos blog")

so again, i never said that they were building a dynasty or said they were going to be fine in the future

So you met every bronco fan alive. COLOR ME IMPRESSED!
    Nice try at ripping things out of context, but my exact words were "scores of them", not meaning every Donkeys fan alive, but a pretty good multitude numbering in the upper hundreds over the time span of nearly three decades. And color yourself STUPID for not being able figure that out that "scores of them" doesn't define "every one of them".

I wonder if everyone thinks chiefs fans will cheer an injury?
    If by that you mean Manning getting KO'd, when the type of concessions are being made for his sake, that we've seen pictorial evidence of like CJ posted of the blatant holding not being called and those illegal pick plays -- all of which started last year -- then he deserves to get KO'd, just like Terrell Davis did in '99 after being the benefactor of his O-Line getting away with massive holding and illegal chop-blocks and leg whips that allowed him to rack up massive rushing numbers in '96 -- 98. In each case, if they can't play under the same rules as everybody else, then they shouldn't be on the playing field to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Nice try at ripping things out of context, but my exact words were "scores of them", not meaning every Donkeys fan alive, but a pretty good multitude numbering in the upper hundreds over the time span of nearly three decades. And color yourself STUPID for not being able figure that out that "scores of them" doesn't define "every one of them".
    so 100 out of what, maybe 100,000, maybe more? .1% of the fans, nice

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    If by that you mean Manning getting KO'd, when the type of concessions are being made for his sake, that we've seen pictorial evidence of like CJ posted of the blatant holding not being called and those illegal pick plays -- all of which started last year -- then he deserves to get KO'd, just like Terrell Davis did in '99 after being the benefactor of his O-Line getting away with massive holding and illegal chop-blocks and leg whips that allowed him to rack up massive rushing numbers in '96 -- 98. In each case, if they can't play under the same rules as everybody else, then they shouldn't be on the playing field to begin with.

Bravo being happy that a human being got injured or gets injured, such a great fan.

You do realize this isn't a life or death thing, it's just a game. Not something you say "he deserves to get KO'd for playing game"

so 100 out of what, maybe 100,000, maybe more? .1% of the fans, nice
    Who are these other 99,900 that you speak of & I suppose you met them all and can vouch for all them and can truthfully testify that they don't possess the same thought process of "urinating on their own heads & telling themselves it's raining", as the other 100 do, right? WRONG !!

Bravo being happy that a human being got injured or gets injured, such a great fan.

You do realize this isn't a life or death thing, it's just a game. Not something you say "he deserves to get KO'd for playing game"
    Classic illustration of the pot calling the kettle black. You try telling somebody else "it's just a game" & yet when it's pointed out regarding the Donkeys getting away with rules infractions & what really transpired in '97 and '98 regarding them being give 2 SB trophies, you defend it tooth, fang, and claw with the same lame excuses & phony arguments as every other Donkeys fan I've ever heard or seen post on the web. Must be more than "just a game" then to you and them if you have to resort to that.

And why do you persist in ripping things out of context by saying stupid things like "he deserves to get KO'd for playing game"? That's not what was said. What was said was them getting what they deserved because of the illegal rules infractions they were getting away with, and I might add that in '98 one of these chop-blocks resulted in Dallas DT Chad Hennings getting injured on a play that same chop-block sprung Davis for a long TD run, and yet no flag was thrown. Same thing in AFC Championship game with that illegal pick play by Welker on Talib that KO'd Talib from the game, and yet no flag thrown, but they threw one on a Patriots TE that barely grazed a Donkeys defender with no injury occurring. Even former Chiefs WR Steve Breaston commented that the rules weren't being enforced equally in that regard. If players on other teams are getting hurt as result of blatant rules infractions by the Donkeys, then why should anybody outside the Donkeys camp get all sentimental about any Donkeys players getting hurt?
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 03-18-2014 at 01:28 AM.

BTW, here is the best picture of Elway that I've ever seen:

turdelway.jpg

Does kind of epitomize all that Elway stands for, now doesn't it?
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 03-18-2014 at 03:47 AM.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast