Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Elway's a fool for signing some FA's he has...

Default Elway's a fool for signing some FA's he has...

Yep, that's right. I think Elway's a fool for signing Ware and Talib in particular. I'm not alone, several pro analyst articles I've read have more or less said the same...the signings were "risky".

I don't know why some Chiefs fans are worried and think the donkey signings were so great. Below is a quote from one pro analyst:

"Ware was just released by the Dallas Cowboys Tuesday afternoon at the official start of the NFL free-agent period: the team didn't want to carry his $16 million salary cap figure for the 2014 season. Ware turns 32 before the start of the season, was hampered by quad injuries and finished with a career low six sacks in a career low 13 games."

I don't know why some think the signing of Talib was all that great, either. The quote below is from another NFL pro analyst giving thoughts on the donkey's latest signings:

"Talib is a risk, too. He's had hip injuries and also incurred some off field issues, which ran him out of Tampa Bay just a few years ago. Plus, last we saw of him he was being taken out in the playoff game by the Bronco' Wes Welker on a play Bill Belichick called one of the dirtiest he had ever seen. Clearly, Talib has forgotten, or was charmed by dollar signs, whatever."

The donkey's signed two injury prone aging players. One of which has had off field issues, too, and another coming off his worst career year ever, and they spent $87 million to sign those two "risky" players. I don't call that making "great" moves on Elway's part, rather, call it foolish.

Elway's ego has more to do with who he's signing than any other factor. He's trying to make a media splash because his ego LOVES the attention, but he's also trying to redeem himself & the franchise after their pathetic humiliating Super Bowl loss. He's really not that smart of a GM.

He's been signing aging injury prone players, including Manning, at the end of their careers chasing one Super Bowl win, that's it. He's trying to build a one year SB winning team. He's not preparing for the future, nor for a team that can compete consistently for consecutive seasons. Hey, maybe it's worth it to some, but I'd rather have a wise GM like Dorsey, who builds more through the draft, homegrown young and healthy players who can compete for years to come, and win consistently and for more than one season. I want a Dorsey & Reid dynasty, like Green Bay & the Pats built...not a one year contender.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    No, it that's in ADDITION to a lot of other things you've posted that's making you less of a fan.
    And what addition is that, not being chiefs fan that full on hates everything denver, oakland and SD does.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    The Broncos getting an easy start those years is not a conspiracy to give them an advantage. Its to have favorable TV matchups during the stretch drive to the playoffs. There's a reason BAL and PIT don't usually play each other until the second half of the season. The NFL is banking both teams will be good and in a playoff run. Makes for better TV viewership.
    How the hell would you know that for certain? Were you there in the league office when the schedule was made? Can you provide a transcript of all the conversations that went on at that time? Of course not, and therefore nobody really knows what went down at that time. I'm not buying into that TV ratings BS. It doesn't refute any of the points that I made, nor does BAL vs PIT have anything to do with it. If something fishy wasn't going on at that time, then why would Al Davis lead an investigation that turned up salary cap violations for which the Donkeys were fined and lost draft picks?

Anybody that would believe that things couldn't be manipulated by the league office, if they so chose to do so, is being a complete naive idiot. Governments and institutions have been corrupt for centuries world-wide. WWE is already known for rigging their wrestling matches. Why would anybody believe that the NFL league office is incapable of scripting something, if they choose to do so?

It'll be intesesting to see who the Donkeys first 6 or 7 opponents are when the schedule is released & it will come as no surprise to me if they don't have to play either in Seattle or NE or Cincy in those first 6 or 7 games.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    And what addition is that, not being chiefs fan that full on hates everything denver, oakland and SD does.
    You need to ask ?!?! Lame. Again, another example of you trying to make a crack to get another argument going. Thank you.

You need to ask ?!?! Lame. Again, another example of you trying to make a crack to get another argument going. Thank you.
    Yet 2 poster (who are probably the some of the best posters on this site) back me up as a chiefs fan. Just because i don't think think denver is the number 1 team to get away with calls, and think that they're doing the right thing for their team, and that i think its better just to move forward from something that happen 17 years ago and worry about what the chiefs should do now, doesnt make me less of a chiefs fan. I have not said one bad thing about the chiefs in here.

On Paper, yes i think 7-9 is what i'm predicting but predictions change over time. I think eric winston threw a whole fanbase under the bus when he said "you have 70,000 people cheering an injury", it was a bunch of drunk idiots cheering for it and the rest was for a first down play and then cheering that cassel got up and then cheering that brady was coming in.

But go ahead question if i'm a fan or not.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    How the hell would you know that for certain? Were you there in the league office when the schedule was made? Can you provide a transcript of all the conversations that went on at that time? Of course not, and therefore nobody really knows what went down at that time. I'm not buying into that TV ratings BS. It doesn't refute any of the points that I made, nor does BAL vs PIT have anything to do with it. If something fishy wasn't going on at that time, then why would Al Davis lead an investigation that turned up salary cap violations for which the Donkeys were fined and lost draft picks?

Anybody that would believe that things couldn't be manipulated by the league office, if they so chose to do so, is being a complete naive idiot. Governments and institutions have been corrupt for centuries world-wide. WWE is already known for rigging their wrestling matches. Why would anybody believe that the NFL league office is incapable of scripting something, if they choose to do so?

It'll be intesesting to see who the Donkeys first 6 or 7 opponents are when the schedule is released & it will come as no surprise to me if they don't have to play either in Seattle or NE or Cincy in those first 6 or 7 games.

The broncos will play 1 or 2 AFC west games in the first 8 games, they'll play the majority of the AFC West during the last 8 (just like the NFL has been trying to do, getting all the division games on the later part of the schedule, and putting the primetime games that will pull in money on sunday and monday night) Seattle vs denver, SF vs Den, Den vs KC (1 of them), Den vs NE, Den vs Indy will all be a primetime game (sunday or monday). Maybe seattle vs denver in seattle will be the kick off game aswell. KC will get SF and Den as primetime games, maybe also NE.

They have to seperate the primetime games out so that the best match ups are played on monday and sunday night for the $$$$$$$$
    Last edited by doobs_05; 03-21-2014 at 04:57 PM.

Yet 2 poster (who are probably the some of the best posters on this site) back me up as a chiefs fan. Just because i don't think think denver is the number 1 team to get away with calls, and think that they're doing the right thing for their team, and that i think its better just to move forward from something that happen 17 years ago and worry about what the chiefs should do now, doesnt make me less of a chiefs fan. I have not said one bad thing about the chiefs in here.

On Paper, yes i think 7-9 is what i'm predicting but predictions change over time. I think eric winston threw a whole fanbase under the bus when he said "you have 70,000 people cheering an injury", it was a bunch of drunk idiots cheering for it and the rest was for a first down play and then cheering that cassel got up and then cheering that brady was coming in.

I'd agree we have some great posters on this site. But for a fan, you certainly have a funny way of showing it. I've posted that before, too. In your above quote, you say you've said "not one bad thing about the chiefs.." then, in the SAME POST, turn around and criticize a former Chief for sticking up for his team's QB, in response for him getting ELECTED by his fellow players to represent them in a union. Right now you're just trying to drag this out for all it's worth.

The broncos will play 1 or 2 AFC west games in the first 8 games, they'll play the majority of the AFC West during the last 8 (just like the NFL has been trying to do, getting all the division games on the later part of the schedule, and putting the primetime games that will pull in money on sunday and monday night) Seattle vs denver, SF vs Den, Den vs KC (1 of them), Den vs NE, Den vs Indy will all be a primetime game (sunday or monday). Maybe seattle vs denver in seattle will be the kick off game aswell. KC will get SF and Den as primetime games, maybe also NE.

They have to seperate the primetime games out so that the best match ups are played on monday and sunday night for the $$$$$$$$
    Going to cover a few different things here.

1st Eric Winston I'm not going to bring him in the same way doobs did but he is a prime example of the offseason meaning very little. Does everyone remember two years ago at this time. How excited we were when he signed in KC? I do. I was the one that kept checking twitter every couple of minutes to see if he signed then rushed on here to post the tweet. How did that work out? All these offseason moves are great right now can be a whole different story when it comes time to start playing the games again. Winston is a prime example of what I've said in that regard.

2nd the NFL did years ago start moving division matchups to later in the season. They at that time didn't think it was best when two teams were fighting for the division crown in week 17 and one team had a division rival to play and the other had a team that had nothing to play for and clearly didn't care about that game. That wasn't a move to help Denver at all. That's something that they did and I actually liked that move.

I do think right now Denver gets more calls then anyone I will say. IMO the NFL wants Manning to have his Elway run around the stadium moment to end his career. They still milk that Elway moment at times to this very day so they want anther and they are willing to lend a helping hand. But I also think there are other teams that get calls so they are not alone in that. If you have a star Qb you are going to get calls that's just how the NFL works. I wish it was different but it is what it is.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I'd agree we have some great posters on this site. But for a fan, you certainly have a funny way of showing it. I've posted that before, too. In your above quote, you say you've said "not one bad thing about the chiefs.." then, in the SAME POST, turn around and criticize a former Chief for sticking up for his team's QB, in response for him getting ELECTED by his fellow players to represent them in a union. Right now you're just trying to drag this out for all it's worth.
    You can tell by his posts he's either got LSD suppositories down to an art form or he's had one too many intimate sessions with his neighbors dog. The way he contradicts himself and rips things out of context is enough for anybody see that he ain't playing with a full deck.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    You can tell by his posts he's either got LSD suppositories down to an art form or he's had one too many intimate sessions with his neighbors dog. The way he contradicts himself and rips things out of context is enough for anybody see that he ain't playing with a full deck.
    What part of me saying winston threw the fanbase under the bus is bad? Did he not?

He could of said "You have some fans cheering for an injury" but no he said "you have 70,000 people cheering" There was not 70,000 cheering, ESPN and every sports talk went on to say "KC is full of classless fans", i remember when it happen people were saying that winston was wrong to call the whole fanbase out.

He also probably got the cheers mixed up with the first down call ( like i said before) and when people looked over and saw cassel on the ground, they got quiet. Yes there was a few people probably cheering for cassel, but i do not believe 70,000 or 7,000 fans were cheering for cassel's injury. They cheered when he got up and walked off and cheered for Brady coming in (like i stated before).

i'm calling out a player for making the wrong assumption that everyone was cheering for cassel's injury. He was right to be mad at the select few that actually did, not the majority of fans that didn't