Thread: Webnews: Chiefs sign Raiders DT Vance Walker

Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

Post Webnews: Chiefs sign Raiders DT Vance Walker

0 Not allowed!
    By Mike Wilkening
    The Chiefs, who suffered some personnel losses early in free agency, have added a defensive lineman from a division rival. The club said Friday night it had reached a deal with Raiders defensive tackle Vance Walker. Terms were not disclosed, but ESPN’s Josina Anderson reports the contract is for three years and worth up to…
    Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 276
    Given: 873

0 Not allowed!
    Good move by Dorsey.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 61

0 Not allowed!
    Walker was ranked 13th overall among DTs by Rotoworld and the fifth best DT stilll available. He's a little cheaper than Tyson Jackson would have been and probably about as good. We signed him for 3 years and TJ got 5. I think I like it!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    MatthewsChiefs can't stand MatthewsChiefs

Thumbs Up
    Received: 662
    Given: 822

0 Not allowed!
    Even though the signings of Linkenbach, Mays, and Walker may appear to be "meh", I understand what they are trying to do here & that's get role players and add depth to positions, which of course, there's nothing wrong with that.

However, even with the signing of Walker, I would love to see the Chiefs trade down and get an extra pick and still land Tuitt as he is a physically gifted monster who had 20.5 sacks in 28 starts as a true 3-4 DE. HUGE upside.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 03-14-2014 at 10:49 PM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 162

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Even though the signings of Linkenbach, Mays, and Walker may appear to be "meh", I understand what they are trying to do here & that's get role players and add depth to positions, which of course, there's nothing wrong with that.

However, even with the signing of Walker, I would love to see the Chiefs trade down and get an extra pick and still land Tuitt as he is a physically gifted monster who had 20.5 sacks in 28 starts as a true 3-4 DE. HUGE upside.
    I definitely wouldn't mind that. Especially when you consider most DL players take at least a year or two before they really show their potential.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I definitely wouldn't mind that. Especially when you consider most DL players take at least a year or two before they really show their potential.
    It's very rare that you see a player like Tuitt bring experience as 3-4 DE coming out of college and he won't be 21 until after the draft. Tuitt didn't get to do the full workout at the Combine because of the Jones fracture in the foot, but he did a full workout ( he ran a 4.8 40 at 303 lbs. -- Tuitt posted this on his own twitter acccount ) on Feb. 28 and had the surgery done on March 3, and should be fit & ready to go to work for whatever team drafts him.

I know the media and many Chiefs fans have been pimping WR and Safety to the Chiefs, and yes, they could use help in those areas, however, a 3-4 DE that can attack the QB and another off-the-edge pass rusher are just as big of a need ( if not more so ) as WR and DB's.

With that said, WR's Marqise Lee or Odell Beckham would be tough to pass up, as they can help in the kick-return game right away.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    pass on tuitt
    like walker signing...a little more money than i thought we would have offered but he played it well was in town and left and well it was ovious that kc didnt want to miss out on him(wonder what the original offer was?)
    he gets to the passer...a nice read on him on PFF page...he had an amazing 31 qb hurries this past year

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
    someone mentioned to trade down...idk
    all i will say is that there is going to be players on the board at #23 that shouldnt be because of the strength of the draft and how teams take chances on qb"s
    bortles manziel bridgewater clowney mack mathews robinson watkins barr lewan ebron gilbert donald mosley m evans ha ha pryor jernigan m lee thats 19 players.....we would be 3 picks away from the being on the clock
    who remains?
    dennard beckham shazier z martin nix hageman sua filo ealy d carr d ford tuitt thats eleven players...take your top 3 off this list who remains? guess what i am trying to say is i think the "drop off" starts around 23
    nice players still there until top of round 2 but i think the impact players will be off the board around #23

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by stevefuller View Post
    pass on tuitt
    like walker signing...a little more money than i thought we would have offered but he played it well was in town and left and well it was ovious that kc didnt want to miss out on him(wonder what the original offer was?)
    he gets to the passer...a nice read on him on PFF page...he had an amazing 31 qb hurries this past year
    You may pass on Tuitt, but that doesn't mean that Dorsey/Reid will. I know they have an interest in him & interviewed him extensively at the Combine. People thought last year the Chiefs wouldn't take a Tackle because of the Franchise tag being put on Albert, but they still took Fisher.

I say pass on drafting a Safety in round 1 because neither Pryor or Clinton-Dix have the potential that Commings does, as he runs faster than they do. They can shop for a Safety in later rounds.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 162

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by stevefuller View Post
    someone mentioned to trade down...idk
    all i will say is that there is going to be players on the board at #23 that shouldnt be because of the strength of the draft and how teams take chances on qb"s
    bortles manziel bridgewater clowney mack mathews robinson watkins barr lewan ebron gilbert donald mosley m evans ha ha pryor jernigan m lee thats 19 players.....we would be 3 picks away from the being on the clock
    who remains?
    dennard beckham shazier z martin nix hageman sua filo ealy d carr d ford tuitt thats eleven players...take your top 3 off this list who remains? guess what i am trying to say is i think the "drop off" starts around 23
    nice players still there until top of round 2 but i think the impact players will be off the board around #23
    Regarding trading down, I totally see your logic that there will be some great players likely available. You listed A LOT of them. Even more reason to trade down 5-10 spots, pick up another 3rd rounder, package our two 3rds and jump back into the early 2nd round. Then we end up with possibly 2 of the players you listed. When there is a. Lot of talent in a draft, you want to trade down and it is all about quantity of picks.