Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Webnews: Chiefs could file a grievance against Sanders, agent

Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Chiefs could file a grievance against Sanders, agent

0 Not allowed!
    By Mike Florio
    If the Chiefs are, as they seem to be, upset by the alleged failure of agent Steve Weinberg to honor an agreement in principle for receiver Emmanuel Sanders, the Chiefs can do something other than complain about it. While the agreement isn’t binding until it’s in writing, all parties to the Collective Bargaining Agreement have…
    Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 120

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Unless the Chiefs (and/or Bucs) can get something out of it, not sure it's worth filing the grievance over.

I think the only way they can get something out of it, is if Denver did in fact know about the deal. But the problem is, nothing was signed between KC and Sanders.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 64

0 Not allowed!
    I am glad we did not sign that douce bag, and I do hope we set a precedent in filing some sort of complaint. That agent should be black balled again. Tell me if I have it wrong, but they basically gave Denver the Chiefs offer after agreeing to it, and said beat it. Denver did, now denver did not need to guess what the offer to beat was, they knew. Well the donks will get what they paid for, and I am one Chief glad for it.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 120

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I am glad we did not sign that douce bag, and I do hope we set a precedent in filing some sort of complaint. That agent should be black balled again. Tell me if I have it wrong, but they basically gave Denver the Chiefs offer after agreeing to it, and said beat it. Denver did, now denver did not need to guess what the offer to beat was, they knew. Well the donks will get what they paid for, and I am one Chief glad for it.
    Not really sure if Denver knew the deal. It's only he said she said right now. Again, if he didn't sign anything, i don't know how much you can hold against him. I think the Atlanta Braves said they won't deal with any player this agent has because of how fishy he is.

If Denver called and gave a better offer without knowing what KC offered, than that's fine

If Denver was told the ofer, than maybe they can get something out of it

Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 51

1 Not allowed!
    I really don't care that DEN "stole" Emmanuel Sanders from KC. He was overrated and is now overpaid. The Chiefs might get better "bang for their buck" signing Joe Morgan from NO at a much lower rate.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 582
    Given: 773

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    I really don't care that DEN "stole" Emmanuel Sanders from KC. He was overrated and is now overpaid. The Chiefs might get better "bang for their buck" signing Joe Morgan from NO at a much lower rate.
    The way I see it, if Sanders and his agent lack integrity like they displayed through this process, then Sanders was never worth having to begin with & the Chiefs may have better in-house already in Hemingway and Jenkins.

The problem is the media has been pimping WR to the Chiefs this whole off-season, yet the Offense was putting points on the scoreboard at a pretty darn good pace over the 2nd half of the year.

Common sense would indicate that bolstering the Chiefs Defense over the the offseason would be of more importance, given their collapse in the 2nd half of the season
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 03-18-2014 at 04:02 PM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 51

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    The way I see it, if Sanders and his agent lack integrity like they displayed through this process, then Sanders was never worth having to begin with & the Chiefs may have better in-house already in Hemingway and Jenkins.

The problem is the media has been pimping WR to the Chiefs this whole off-season, yet the Offense was putting points on the scoreboard at a pretty darn good pace over the 2nd half of the year.

Common sense would indicate that bolstering the Chiefs Defense over the the offseason would be of more importance, given their collapse in the 2nd half of the season
    The Chiefs do need another WR or two. The point scoring was in spite of poor WR play. Jenkins and Hemingway are not the answer. Maybe Kelce helps, maybe not. Hopefully he is more Tony Gonzalez v2 than Moeaki v2.

The defense needs help too, no doubt. Haven't seen where they've gotten it personnel wise. Hope Sanders Commings is what they think he can be.

The biggest problem is the DC. Most of the all-pro talent on this team is on the defense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12