Thread: Odell Beckham Jr

Default Odell Beckham Jr

Assuming we do not pick up a WR in free agency, I think this is going to be our first round pick. I think Dorsey will have to Trade Up to get him, but it makes too much sense for us to draft him being he's a return man also.
    THOUGHTS?

Wouldn't squawk a bit if they picked Odell.

I think trading up is the last thing we will do/should do. But if he is there when we pick, then I can see them picking him.

We can't afford to move up in the draft. If anything move down and hopefully gain a 2nd rd pick. But we need a legit #1 wr. Just not sure who that is.

I like Beckham myself. I think he fits the mold of what Reid is looking for in a WR. Unfortunately, the Chiefs missing that R2 makes it real tough to traded up in R1. Not with so many needs to fill. If Beckham is going to go before #23, the Chiefs have to look elsewhere. I don't think he does. Here's my dream scenario...

Johnny Manziel and/or David Carr are still on the board with KC on the clock. The Minnesota Vikings have passed on a QB with pick R1.08 taking Khalil Mack. They want to leapfrog Cleveland at R1.26. CLE also bypassed a QB at R1.04, taking Sammy Watkins.

MIN has two R3 picks -- their own and Seattle's from the Percy Harvin trade. They have ammo. They give KC their R2 and their R3 picks for KC's R1.23 to get their QB. With KC's R2 pick from MIN they draft Beckham. He his slid, because as is often the case, teams bypass a deep position early in the draft to fill needs at other areas.

The Chiefs get Beckham and nearly recoup the R2 spent for Alex Smith. Sound good?

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    I like Beckham myself. I think he fits the mold of what Reid is looking for in a WR. Unfortunately, the Chiefs missing that R2 makes it real tough to traded up in R1. Not with so many needs to fill. If Beckham is going to go before #23, the Chiefs have to look elsewhere. I don't think he does. Here's my dream scenario...

Johnny Manziel and/or David Carr are still on the board with KC on the clock. The Minnesota Vikings have passed on a QB with pick R1.08 taking Khalil Mack. They want to leapfrog Cleveland at R1.26. CLE also bypassed a QB at R1.04, taking Sammy Watkins.

MIN has two R3 picks -- their own and Seattle's from the Percy Harvin trade. They have ammo. They give KC their R2 and their R3 picks for KC's R1.23 to get their QB. With KC's R2 pick from MIN they draft Beckham. He his slid, because as is often the case, teams bypass a deep position early in the draft to fill needs at other areas.

The Chiefs get Beckham and nearly recoup the R2 spent for Alex Smith. Sound good?
    Isn't it Derek Carr ? David's the one that played for the Texans, if I remember right?

Sounds like a good idea, as long as Beckham's still on the board.

I'd be OK with either Beckham or Marqise Lee as the Chiefs top draft pick.

But there is a potential mid to late round steal at WR from Missouri U. that I'm hoping the Chiefs are paying strict attention to named L'Damian Washington. 6-4 and runs sub 4.4 with very good hands and very good at tracking the ball & going after it.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I think trading up is the last thing we will do/should do. But if he is there when we pick, then I can see them picking him.
    This. 6 draft choices. We won't trade up. If anything we may very well trade down.