Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If the Chiefs could bring in Jackson...

Default If the Chiefs could bring in Jackson...

Assuming he gets released and we can restructure his deal. I would love for us to work out a trade to later in the first round and take th best guard available. Then with our trade back pick take a pass rusher or wide receiver. And then in the third take the other.

I think even if we trade back out of the first to get more picks like a high 2nd and a 3rd maybe another we would be in great shape. There will be some great players available at the top of the second round.

Jackson was just released. The Eagles have grown wary of his connection to LA gangs and want no parts of him.
    ...in my opinion

I hope the Chiefs aren't interested. They can't afford him on the cap. They can't afford him in the locker room. Hopefully Dandy doesn't take on another reclamation project.
    ...in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    Jackson was just released. The Eagles have grown wary of his connection to LA gangs and want no parts of him.
    I just saw that. I'll pass we don't need an Aaron Hernandez on our hands
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

There are many people saying he has no Gang Connections and has been nothing but a stand up guy for the NFL. Jackson is tweeting out that He owes a lot of thanks to the Chiefs Head Coach. The radio guys are now talking about it saying it would be worth kicking the tires, specailly since it appears he is showing his interest in playing for Reid again.

If there is Gang Related issues, I would think Any would know.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    There are many people saying he has no Gang Connections and has been nothing but a stand up guy for the NFL. Jackson is tweeting out that He owes a lot of thanks to the Chiefs Head Coach. The radio guys are now talking about it saying it would be worth kicking the tires, specailly since it appears he is showing his interest in playing for Reid again.

If there is Gang Related issues, I would think Any would know.
    That's true. I am reading on twitter that the Chiefs have made contact with his agent just wait and see I guess
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

WHOAH!! I was wrong like a mofo about him getting released like this. I still believe it's a mistake to let a player like Jackson go and get nothing in return.

I think it's crazy that the media jumps to conclusions like try have. Obviously I have no idea one way or the other concerning is off the field relationships. But when talking about it on tv they repeatedly showed pictures of Jackson with friends using hand signals. I played college football for 5 years with players from all over the country. Guys from Cali would use signs in pictures all the time but were nothing but stand up men on and off the field. A simple sign doesn't prove he is in a gang and to make such assumptions so quickly is kinda sad.

On a side note I really hope the Comments but Jackson concerning Reid are true and I hope he wants to come to KC. We need him.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    WHOAH!! I was wrong like a mofo about him getting released like this. I still believe it's a mistake to let a player like Jackson go and get nothing in return.
    Yeah, I was surprised, but not shocked when I read the news. Then I saw this and I was less surprised: http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/03/eagles_desean_jackson_off-the-field_troubles.html

And right now the Chiefs are working on extending / restructuring Eric Berry's contract. Coincidence?
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Danny Parkins of 610 Kansas City reports the Chiefs have reached out to the reps for free agent DeSean Jackson.

The dots connect, as Chiefs coach Andy Reid drafted and coached Jackson in Philadelphia, and Kansas City is in the market for a receiver upgrade opposite Dwayne Bowe. Still only 27 years old, Jackson was released by the Eagles on Friday after a story on NJ.com appeared alleging gang ties to the Crips. D-Jax would be a big upgrade on Donnie Avery, and replace Dexter McCluster on punt returns. McCluster signed a three-year deal with Tennessee.
    Oh boy
    ...in my opinion

We would be foolish and incompetent to not at least kick the tires. I havent been folloowing the drama too closely, but with the timing of the gang implications, it seems like Philly was trying to do a smear campaign to save face. I imagine if there was any significant concern, this would have come up the last time the were negotiating contracts.

The gang rumors (if false/overblown) would only help us. If Jackson wants to do a good deal and come back to play with Reid, he may be willing to accept a little less money here than somewhere else. If we could sign him for like 5mil a year, I would be all over it. We would have to free up a couple mil, but that can be done with some minor restructuring that could be done without killing our cap in future years.

Jackson lined up across from Bowe would be an amazing combo IMO. Jackson's ability to stretch the field would free up Bowe a little on the short routes (what he is best at). Combine that with JC out of the backfield and a healthy TE group and we would have a potent offense. I doubt it will happen because of the $$ involved (I am sure he wants more than we could afford).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast