Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If the Chiefs could bring in Jackson...

Default If the Chiefs could bring in Jackson...

Assuming he gets released and we can restructure his deal. I would love for us to work out a trade to later in the first round and take th best guard available. Then with our trade back pick take a pass rusher or wide receiver. And then in the third take the other.

I think even if we trade back out of the first to get more picks like a high 2nd and a 3rd maybe another we would be in great shape. There will be some great players available at the top of the second round.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    WHOAH!! I was wrong like a mofo about him getting released like this. I still believe it's a mistake to let a player like Jackson go and get nothing in return.
    I bet no one wanted the contract, to give up draft picks, and the headaches, esp after this gang story was released.
    ...in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    I bet no one wanted the contract, to give up draft picks, and the headaches, esp after this gang story was released.
    yeah such a thug

The pictures and that hand sign don't bother me at all. Having connections to at least 2 murders does
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Yeah, I was surprised, but not shocked when I read the news. Then I saw this and I was less surprised: http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/03/eagles_desean_jackson_off-the-field_troubles.html

And right now the Chiefs are working on extending / restructuring Eric Berry's contract. Coincidence?
    If I had to speculate, I would say, no. Jackson was drafted and played for Andy Reid and he fits this Offense. I'll just wait and see. I'll give Jackson the benefit of the doubt, if he signs on with KC, and certainly it could make it a lot easier to trade down in this draft and not have to take a WR at #23. This will be interesting.

I would give him a chance and maybe do a one or two year contract that is a show me or prove to me contract. Maybe a incentive based on. He needs one year to rebuild his reputation before he cam get a longterm deal so why not with the chiefs and if he proves himself we just extend his contract. This will take away our biggest need and we can draft best player available which I hope it will be a DE if we get jackson.

If we get him or not, should know pretty quick. Too many teams interested right now.

If we do get him I would say we could have the one of the best offense this year. With bowe, jackson then avery or jenkins in the alot with charles in the backfield. Who would they double cover? Only thing that might hold us back is tight end. We haven't seen enough of kelce to know if hes any good. Maybe go oline as well in the 1st round but I stil think we need to go DE that can rush the passer with our 1st.

in 3wr sets, Jenkins/Hemmingway and Jackson on the outside, Bowe in the slot

I think he would make a great addition to The Chiefs. But I think there is a bit of a red-flag in regards to his rap label and image.

The "gang sign" pictures I have been seeing are in relation to Jackson stating I'm from Califronia. It looks like he is holding up a west coast sign. That doesn't prove gang relations in anyway. The having a picture with a guy attached to two murders is kinda iffy. However I have pictures from high school with guys in jail for selling drugs. Doesn't mean I sold or did drugs just meant I picked a couple bad friends for awhile. I think the upside with Jackson on our team is too great to not give him a chance. Like someone aid earlier short incentive based contract and let's see what happens on Sundays.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast