Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Fisher Will Play Left Tackle Next Season

Default Fisher Will Play Left Tackle Next Season

Just as predicted.

"Right now I'm going to move him to the left side," Reid said, according to Van Bibber. "That's where he played in college. Although Donald Stephenson played there for me, I know that he can do that too. But I think I'll start off with Eric at the left and keep Donald at the right. "
    Full Story
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I'll 2nd that. Regardless of which side Stephenson and Fisher line up on, the Chiefs have a pair of young, ascending, athletic young Tackles that we haven't seen on this team in forever. The biggest question IS the Guards -- can Allen step up and who's going to be the RG on opening day?
    Well, if Allen was truly bad, pretty sure Reid or Dorsey would've gotten rid of him. To be honest not that worried about Allen, just the question mark of the other guard and depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Well, if Allen was truly bad, pretty sure Reid or Dorsey would've gotten rid of him. To be honest not that worried about Allen, just the question mark of the other guard and depth.
    Actually Allen did play better in the 2nd half of the season. But there are some that are still wanting his head.

Why is that? Sometimes a guy is on the team because they have no better alternative. Sometimes its because of cap. Sometimes the team is just wrong about the guy. Allen's grades improved from awful to mediocre by the end of last year. Same with Stephenson and Fisher. Hudson has been mediocre all along. Rishaw Johnson? Please. Thank God Al can run.

A mediocre or worse line will not get it done. Maybe these guys will improve and one or two even breaks out. This OL needs help, not hope.
    ...in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    Why is that? Sometimes a guy is on the team because they have no better alternative. Sometimes its because of cap. Sometimes the team is just wrong about the guy. Allen's grades improved from awful to mediocre by the end of last year. Same with Stephenson and Fisher. Hudson has been mediocre all along. Rishaw Johnson? Please. Thank God Al can run.

A mediocre or worse line will not get it done. Maybe these guys will improve and one or two even breaks out. This OL needs help, not hope.
    Believe me Mongo...I've been on this board for years saying that we needed O-line help. If the Chiefs showed up on draft day and drafted nothing but O-line help this year, I wouldn't complain a bit. No, it's not a stellar line by any means, but it's much better than it was a 2-3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post

Believe me Mongo...I've been on this board for years saying that we needed O-line help. If the Chiefs showed up on draft day and drafted nothing but O-line help this year, I wouldn't complain a bit. No, it's not a stellar line by any means, but it's much better than it was a 2-3 years ago.
    You can rest assured Mongo, that eydugstr isn't alone and neither are you regarding concerns about the O-Line. It's always been a legit concern for myself for many years. From 2000-2009, the Chiefs didn't draft any O-Lineman in the top 3 rounds, except Albert in 2008, and the results were disastrous in the following ways:

1) It contributed very heavily to the Chiefs having the worst record in the AFC from 2007 -- 2012.
    2) It contributed to the Chiefs losing 7 straight to the Raiders at Arrowhead, primarily because their Defensive front 7 obliterated the Chiefs O-Line.

Believe me, you won't hear complaints from me, either, if Dorsey/Reid draft O-Lineman early and often during their tenure in KC. It's the right thing to do..

I hope we go DE and then a guard in the 3rd. Maybe trqde down and get a de and pick up a 2nd round and get a guard in the 2nd. Dline amd oline both need help bit more so dline.

While I am also an o-line guy, I see more pressing needs this off-season. Of course we have a starting OG job that needs filled, so I wouldn't be against a OG pick at the top.

But We need some serious help at DB, and our WR situation is certainly worth a look. The DE, I think we will be ok at. I like Bailey pretty well. A later pick should do just fine for depth. My big concern is in the defensive backfield.

Since this is about O-Line, I can't resist this:

See Scott Pioli in Atlanta.
    See Matt Ryan in Atlanta.
    See Pioli not address the O-Line properly in front of Matt Ryan.

See ya later Matt Ryan, as Pioli will see to it that you become just like Cassel, as Pioli can't evaluate O-Line talent worth a squat and Pioli won't care if Ryan gets beaten into a zombie.

Dimitroff is the the guy responsible for all that. Pioli is there because he's Dimitroff's buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Dimitroff is the the guy responsible for all that. Pioli is there because he's Dimitroff's buddy.
    Can't help but wonder if Pioli has some dirt on Dimitroff, given that they have signed Tyson Jackson, Asamoah, and Javier Arenas -- guys that aren't going to be difference makers for the Falcons and Dimitroff should be smarter than that. How can Dimitroff not be able to see that he could have easily gotten guys of similar caliber to Jackson and Asamoah and payed a whole lot less?

I still think that because of Pioli's influence, that the Falcons will not address their O-Line properly and Matt Ryan will suffer for it.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 03-30-2014 at 01:35 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345