Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We don't need Desean Jackson

Default We don't need Desean Jackson

Would you rather us:
    A: restructure contracts to create cap room to sign DeSean Jackson. Guaranteeing the inability to sign a contract extension for Alex Smith and making him a free agent in 12 months.
    Or
    B: use the remaining cap room to extend Alex's contract so that we didn't waste two 2nd rd picks by trading for him. Then draft a young wr that can fill the hole and pay him rookie wages.

The choice seems obvious to me. Andy Reid would love to have Desean Jackson. We'd all love to have Desean Jackson in the same offense as Jamaal Charles and Dwayne Bowe if he's willing to play on a 1 yr deal for $3-4mm....but he won't. He wants buku bucks on a multi year deal. We will be in cap hell if we make this deal.

We didn't lose games last year because we couldn't score. We scored 40+ points in the playoffs and lost. We lost games because of our inability to stop any QB that wasn't a 2nd or 3rd stringer. Period. End. Of. Story. I dare you to list the names of the qb's we beat, and also list the qb's we lost to. Our needs will become GLARING.
    You want to blow up the cap, do it on a cb, free safety, and an ilb. That's what we need to beat Peyton Manning, not Desean Jackson. Did anyone else watch the Super Bowl?

I dont think its the coaching. I dont think we have the secondary to play the style that sutton wants to play. Flowers is a cover two guy and we have no fs thats shown anything. Its kinda hard to play suttons style when you dont have all the pieces. Plus it needs a pash rush to thrive which we was hurting on in the second half. We got most of the sacks against poor teams which mislead us. We need more pass rush for this style of defense to work. Really any style revolves around the pass rush. We need a pass rushing de so we dont have to blitz hali and houston every down to get to the qb. If we can keep teams guessing which one will rush it will open things up more.

I don't think the prospect of losing Alex Smith is a big enough reason not to sign D-Jax. I doubt the decision would come down to those two players. Extending Justin Houston would probably be the "tough decision." I still have a tough time believing that Alex Smith is the long-term answer at QB for the Chiefs. We will already be in cap hell next season because of the Bowe contract. Restructuring deals to make room is only going to make things worse. That being said, if the Chiefs plan to release Bowe after the 2015 season, signing D-Jax to a 4 or 5 year deal may not be the worst thing in the world.

You have to remember that we're going to be losing some big contracts over the next few years. You can pretty much count on Flowers, Hali, and DJ leaving over the next couple years. Having a couple big contracts in Berry, Houston, Charles, Smith, and D-Jax is expected in today's NFL. Not to mention, each year the cap will most likely raise a few million.

I'm neutral on the deal. If we get him great, if we don't, great. To me, it's win/win.

I don't think the signing of Jackson will mean the departure of Smith next season. I think a deal can be done with both. Restructuring contracts is something all teams do. I know the player has to be willing but I'm pretty sure Smith would rather have Jackson that not.

Also if we can sign Jackson then we can potentially draft Dennard if he falls to us. That will really help the secondary cause he is one of the best press corners in college football which really fits our game plan. Draft oline and pass rushers and we are competing next year.

Worry not for those that don't want the Chiefs to pursue DeSean Jackson. The Chiefs are not pursuing Jackson

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2014/03/2...esean-jackson/

Case closed

Lots of WR's in this years' draft.

Once again we will go into another season without a number one receiver.

Well as long as we draft wr, de, or guard wi5h our 1st pick il be ok with it. I dont like the top two safeties cuz I heard there more in the box safeties but we need one than can cover.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    The Chiefs are not pursuing Jackson.
    Says someone Ian Rapoport will not identify and NOBODY ELSE!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Well as long as we draft wr, de, or guard wi5h our 1st pick il be ok with it. I dont like the top two safeties cuz I heard there more in the box safeties but we need one than can cover.
    I'm not sold on Pryor or Clinton-Dix with the Chiefs top draft pick, either. I believe that there is a diamond in the rough at the Safety position in later rounds just waiting for Dorsey to pluck him. The top draft pick should be a 3-4 DE that can attack the QB or an off-the edge pass-rusher if they go Defense, or a WR or Guard if they go Offense.....simple as that.

Wouldn't be surprised if a trade-sown occurs.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 03-31-2014 at 01:10 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast