Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 61 to 65 of 65

Thread: Are the 2014 Chiefs better?

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    172
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 51

    Default Are the 2014 Chiefs better?


    0 Not allowed!
    The free agent offerings have been picked over. There's very little left. Maybe KC could get Sid Rice on a one-year prove it deal.

    There's the draft, of course. The draft may add an immediate contributor, but you shouldn't count on it. It unrealistic to expect immediate help coming at one or more positions. Eric Fisher did very little last year.

    This team has holes or question marks at LE, LILB, FS, LG, RG, LT, RT and WR2. They've either filled in the gaps with lesser talent (Joe Mays, Vance Walker) or are relying on unproven talent like Eric Fisher, Donald Stephenson, Rishaw Johnson, Sanders Commings and A.J. Jenkins.

    Yes, the cap is an issue. But what has John Dorsey done to address it? Why wasn't Eric Berry signed long term, creating cap space? Why are under-performing and overpaid 2013 FA busts Anthony Fasano and Donnie Avery still here?

    As it stands now, this team looks significantly worse than last year's team.

    John Dorsey, what have you done for me lately? What have you done at all?
    ...in my opinion

  2. #61
    Member Since
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    172
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Incorrect. It's just sour grapes on your end and you're still butthurt, because you chose to engage in a debate with me in another thread and made yourself look foolish. These statements ----> "Wesley couldn't do half the things that Berry can" or "Wesley couldn't hold Berry's jock" <---- are BS, as there is nothing to validate that. Not a thing. And anybody who watched both players extensively knows that.

    As for your statement "in his own eyes, everything he says is gospel. Therefore making everyone else's opinion "BS Lies"", that's just a figment of your imagination. I'm quite aware that my knowledge is limited, just like everybody else, but I highly doubt you've ever even considered that fact.

    Here's an example: If somebody here says something like "I believe we should draft WR Beckham with our top draft pick", I'm not going to call that BS. Personally, I do prefer a 3-4 DE that can attack the QB with the top draft pick for obvious reasons, but please do show us all where I said it was BS regarding anyone's opinion about taking a WR with the top draft pick.

    You're way off base.
    No not everybody thinks that. I'm sure if a poll were taken of people who have seen both play you'd lose badly. If you'd pose your opinion to an NFL scout some probably wouldn't even remember Greg Wesley. You are the one who has nothing to back your BS. Since I've been on this board this is the extent of your "expert" analysis:

    Greg Wesley = Eric Berry
    Donald Stephenson & Eric Fisher = Branden Albert
    And the best of all
    Al > Peyton Manning.

    Whatever you say.
    ...in my opinion

  3. #62
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,318
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 601
    Given: 788

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    No not everybody thinks that. I'm sure if a poll were taken of people who have seen both play you'd lose badly. If you'd pose your opinion to an NFL scout some probably wouldn't even remember Greg Wesley. You are the one who has nothing to back your BS. Since I've been on this board this is the extent of your "expert" analysis:

    Greg Wesley = Eric Berry
    Donald Stephenson & Eric Fisher = Branden Albert
    And the best of all
    Al > Peyton Manning.

    Whatever you say.
    Nice try, but you fail once again. And I have no problem breaking it down to prove that the BS is clearly on your side.

    1) "If you'd pose your opinion to an NFL scout some probably wouldn't even remember Greg Wesley."

    That doesn't mean squat. So what, if they don't remember Wesley? Doesn't change a thing. I suspect that you never saw Wesley play.

    2) Greg Wesley = Eric Berry

    Please explain what makes makes Berry better than Wesley? You haven't provided one single point to back up your BS statements "Wesley couldn't do half the things that Berry can".

    3) Donald Stephenson & Eric Fisher = Branden Albert

    Both have already played better than what Albert did in 2009 and 2010 and both have higher upside than Albert ever offered. Both have better athleticism than Albert. Albert became the fan favorite of the Eric Berry worshipers like you, because Albert was their crutch for passing on Okung and drafting ( actually wasting the #5 overall pick ) Berry at #5 overall, not because of Albert's play on the field in 2009, as Albert stunk playing LT in 2009.

    I'll be honest. It's because of the hero-worshipers, like yourself, that I've been looking forward to the days where Albert and Berry are no longer wearing Chiefs uniforms since the 2010 season, because since that time, too many talk this dumb trash like the Chiefs franchise totally revolved around both Albert and Berry. It doesn't, and both are EXPENDABLE and way overhyped and overrated and overpaid.

    Phase 1 complete, with Albert gone. Phase 2 with Berry gone is lurking on the horizon.

    4) And the best of all -- Al > Peyton Manning.

    Is that the best you can do is rip what was really said, out of context? I never said Alex Smith owned Manning as you are suggesting. I said I preferred Alex to be the Chiefs QB instead of Manning and I stated the reasons why. I could also add that Alex is younger, more mobile, isn't sucking up a huge chunk of salary cap that Manning would, has traveled a much tougher path in the NFL than Manning has, and doesn't crap his pants in the face of hard pass-rush like I've seen Manning do repeatedly throughout his career.

    6) Saving the best for last: You are the one who has nothing to back your BS.Since I've been on this board this is the extent of your "expert" analysis:

    I have backed it & others have concurred. Let's reverse this and look at your so-called analysis, specifically ""Wesley couldn't do half the things that Berry can" or "Wesley couldn't hold Berry's jock"". Which of course leads to the obvious question -- is that an "expert" analysis or one born out of hero-worship foolishness. How much do you want to bet that anyone with any sense of diplomacy is going to with the latter?
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-05-2014 at 06:31 PM.

  4. #63
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    642
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 77

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Nice try, but you fail once again. And I have no problem breaking it down to prove that the BS is clearly on your side.

    1) "If you'd pose your opinion to an NFL scout some probably wouldn't even remember Greg Wesley."

    That doesn't mean squat. So what, if they don't remember Wesley? Doesn't change a thing. I suspect that you never saw Wesley play.

    2) Greg Wesley = Eric Berry

    Please explain what makes makes Berry better than Wesley? You haven't provided one single point to back up your BS statements "Wesley couldn't do half the things that Berry can".

    3) Donald Stephenson & Eric Fisher = Branden Albert

    Both have already played better than what Albert did in 2009 and 2010 and both have higher upside than Albert ever offered. Both have better athleticism than Albert. Albert became the fan favorite of the Eric Berry worshipers like you, because Albert was their crutch for passing on Okung and drafting ( actually wasting the #5 overall pick ) Berry at #5 overall, not because of Albert's play on the field in 2009, as Albert stunk playing LT in 2009.

    I'll be honest. It's because of the hero-worshipers, like yourself, that I've been looking forward to the days where Albert and Berry are no longer wearing Chiefs uniforms since the 2010 season, because since that time, too many talk this dumb trash like the Chiefs franchise totally revolved around both Albert and Berry. It doesn't, and both are EXPENDABLE and way overhyped and overrated and overpaid.

    Phase 1 complete, with Albert gone. Phase 2 with Berry gone is lurking on the horizon.

    4) And the best of all -- Al > Peyton Manning.

    Is that the best you can do is rip what was really said, out of context? I never said Alex Smith owned Manning as you are suggesting. I said I preferred Alex to be the Chiefs QB instead of Manning and I stated the reasons why. I could also add that Alex is younger, more mobile, isn't sucking up a huge chunk of salary cap that Manning would, has traveled a much tougher path in the NFL than Manning has, and doesn't crap his pants in the face of hard pass-rush like I've seen Manning do repeatedly throughout his career.

    6) Saving the best for last: You are the one who has nothing to back your BS.Since I've been on this board this is the extent of your "expert" analysis:

    I have backed it & others have concurred. Let's reverse this and look at your so-called analysis, specifically ""Wesley couldn't do half the things that Berry can" or "Wesley couldn't hold Berry's jock"". Which of course leads to the obvious question -- is that an "expert" analysis or one born out of hero-worship foolishness. How much do you want to bet that anyone with any sense of diplomacy is going to with the latter?
    Whoa! Hold the damn phone here. Have Stephenson or Fisher been nominated to a Pro-Bowl? The Answer is no! So obviously they're not as good as Albert....YET. So once again STFU computer Geek you are not the supreme being you claim to be.

  5. #64
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,318
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 601
    Given: 788

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Whoa! Hold the damn phone here. Have Stephenson or Fisher been nominated to a Pro-Bowl? The Answer is no! So obviously they're not as good as Albert....YET. So once again STFU computer Geek you are not the supreme being you claim to be.
    AWWWWWWWW!! Poor baby, did you crap in your diaper and did your mommy have to change your diaper for you, and fetch your formula for you, and give you a Baby Pat-A-Burp doll to put on your shoulder so that you can cry on its shoulder?

    Albert being in the Pro Bowl doesn't mean squat. He did nothing to warrant being there, any more than Jeff Saturday had the year before, and Saturday had been benched by the Packers for the final month of the 2012 season. Your grandma could get elected to the Pro Bowl under the current Pro Bowl voting system.

    And I never made any self-claims about being a 'supreme being' like you're suggesting. You pulled that one out of your arse.

  6. #65
    Member Since
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    172
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Nice try, but you fail once again. And I have no problem breaking it down to prove that the BS is clearly on your side.

    1) "If you'd pose your opinion to an NFL scout some probably wouldn't even remember Greg Wesley."

    That doesn't mean squat. So what, if they don't remember Wesley? Doesn't change a thing. I suspect that you never saw Wesley play.

    2) Greg Wesley = Eric Berry

    Please explain what makes makes Berry better than Wesley? You haven't provided one single point to back up your BS statements "Wesley couldn't do half the things that Berry can".

    3) Donald Stephenson & Eric Fisher = Branden Albert

    Both have already played better than what Albert did in 2009 and 2010 and both have higher upside than Albert ever offered. Both have better athleticism than Albert. Albert became the fan favorite of the Eric Berry worshipers like you, because Albert was their crutch for passing on Okung and drafting ( actually wasting the #5 overall pick ) Berry at #5 overall, not because of Albert's play on the field in 2009, as Albert stunk playing LT in 2009.

    I'll be honest. It's because of the hero-worshipers, like yourself, that I've been looking forward to the days where Albert and Berry are no longer wearing Chiefs uniforms since the 2010 season, because since that time, too many talk this dumb trash like the Chiefs franchise totally revolved around both Albert and Berry. It doesn't, and both are EXPENDABLE and way overhyped and overrated and overpaid.

    Phase 1 complete, with Albert gone. Phase 2 with Berry gone is lurking on the horizon.

    4) And the best of all -- Al > Peyton Manning.

    Is that the best you can do is rip what was really said, out of context? I never said Alex Smith owned Manning as you are suggesting. I said I preferred Alex to be the Chiefs QB instead of Manning and I stated the reasons why. I could also add that Alex is younger, more mobile, isn't sucking up a huge chunk of salary cap that Manning would, has traveled a much tougher path in the NFL than Manning has, and doesn't crap his pants in the face of hard pass-rush like I've seen Manning do repeatedly throughout his career.

    6) Saving the best for last: You are the one who has nothing to back your BS.Since I've been on this board this is the extent of your "expert" analysis:

    I have backed it & others have concurred. Let's reverse this and look at your so-called analysis, specifically ""Wesley couldn't do half the things that Berry can" or "Wesley couldn't hold Berry's jock"". Which of course leads to the obvious question -- is that an "expert" analysis or one born out of hero-worship foolishness. How much do you want to bet that anyone with any sense of diplomacy is going to with the latter?
    Whatever.
    ...in my opinion

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Similar Threads

  1. 2014 draft wish list
    By brdempsey69 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-27-2014, 07:06 PM
  2. Mock Draft 2014.02.24
    By kccrow in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-28-2014, 12:08 AM
  3. Opponents for 2014
    By Eydugstr in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-11-2014, 09:49 PM
  4. Football Gameplan's 2014 Wild Card Preview - Chiefs vs Colts
    By EmDiggy in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-04-2014, 05:52 AM
  5. New 2014 NFL Mock Draft
    By DFlo in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-26-2013, 02:13 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •