Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Are the 2014 Chiefs better?

Default Are the 2014 Chiefs better?

The free agent offerings have been picked over. There's very little left. Maybe KC could get Sid Rice on a one-year prove it deal.

There's the draft, of course. The draft may add an immediate contributor, but you shouldn't count on it. It unrealistic to expect immediate help coming at one or more positions. Eric Fisher did very little last year.

This team has holes or question marks at LE, LILB, FS, LG, RG, LT, RT and WR2. They've either filled in the gaps with lesser talent (Joe Mays, Vance Walker) or are relying on unproven talent like Eric Fisher, Donald Stephenson, Rishaw Johnson, Sanders Commings and A.J. Jenkins.

Yes, the cap is an issue. But what has John Dorsey done to address it? Why wasn't Eric Berry signed long term, creating cap space? Why are under-performing and overpaid 2013 FA busts Anthony Fasano and Donnie Avery still here?

As it stands now, this team looks significantly worse than last year's team.

John Dorsey, what have you done for me lately? What have you done at all?
    ...in my opinion

More importantly, if Berry is expecting a HUGE payday at the end of this contract then he needs to show he deserves it. He's good, but to date he has not shown he is worth the kind of money that many free agents have gotten this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    Why do you have to resort to insulting someone who dares question your opinion? It weakens your credibility and your argument. It's a shame. Your posts are intelligent otherwise, but engaging you in debate ends up not being worth the aggravation.

If I want aggravation, I'll talk to my wife. This is supposed to be fun.
    Then don't make statements such as "Wesley couldn't do half the things that Berry can" or "Wesley couldn't hold Berry's jock" because that's just fabricating lies to support your argument and that's not an opinion.. Did you stop to consider that maybe you are insulting one's intelligence by doing such? I have watched both players extensively ( both Wesley and Berry ) and like it or not, I can't rate Berry as being head & shoulders above Wesley. That just isn't true. Wesley was a decent Safety right there with Berry.

And whether any of us like it or not, Dorsey is not going to cave in to any hero-worship regarding any player, including Berry. If Dorsey doesn't believe Berry is worth what he's wanting to be paid after his rookie contract expires, then Dorsey will show Berry the door, just like he did with Albert and some others.

You say that my argument & credibility is weakened, but two others gave me a thumbs up and one more gave me rep saying "great analysis", so obviously there are others that don't see it that way.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-04-2014 at 06:31 PM.

I gotta say, Brian, I kind of agree with Mongo on this one.

You make very good arguments and you certainly know your football. Your arguments stand for themselves. They don't become any stronger when you insult the person you are arguing with. You will do just as well by attacking the statements; not the person stating them.

Name calling is beneath you. You're better tan that.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post

You make very good arguments and you certainly know your football. Your arguments stand for themselves. They don't become any stronger when you insult the person you are arguing with. You will do just as well by attacking the statements; not the person stating them.

That's as may be, but if it walks like a duck, quacks like duck, flaps it's wings like a duck, then I call it a duck. In this case, when one is fabricating BS to support their arguments out of what is clearly hero-worshiping foolishness, then I call them a hero-worshiping fool.

I can go to the flip side of the coin. I really liked the selection of Eric Fisher, but I'm not going to hero-worship him and fabricate any BS regarding him. He's got a lot of room improvement & will have a lot riding on his shoulders taking over LT this season. I can't truthfully say Fisher is a better prospect coming out of college than Russell Okung was, as Okung has longer arms and he's stronger ( 38 bench-press reps at his Combine workout compared to Fisher's 27 reps ), but by the same token I'm not going to state something silly like "Fisher can't hold Okung's jock", because that can't be determined as of yet, and when it's all said done in a few years, there's a chance that Fisher might prove to be the better player.

The Chiefs lost 6 of their last 8 games last year. Going into this year, I do expect them to improve on THAT. So, yes, I do expect the Chiefs to be a better team in 2014.
    SHUT IT

I like this mock draft here:

http://fansided.com/2014/04/03/2014-...arterback-2/2/

It has the Chiefs getting a 3rd round pick in a trade with the 49ers and selecting DE Stephon Tuitt at #30. That would certainly be a good start in helping the Chiefs become better in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post

He cannot help it, in his own eyes, everything he says is gospel. Therefore making everyone else's opinion "BS Lies". Which is why I no longer comment on anything he says.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    He cannot help it, in his own eyes, everything he says is gospel. Therefore making everyone else's opinion "BS Lies". Which is why I no longer comment on anything he says.
    Incorrect. It's just sour grapes on your end and you're still butthurt, because you chose to engage in a debate with me in another thread and made yourself look foolish. These statements ----> "Wesley couldn't do half the things that Berry can" or "Wesley couldn't hold Berry's jock" <---- are BS, as there is nothing to validate that. Not a thing. And anybody who watched both players extensively knows that.

As for your statement "in his own eyes, everything he says is gospel. Therefore making everyone else's opinion "BS Lies"", that's just a figment of your imagination. I'm quite aware that my knowledge is limited, just like everybody else, but I highly doubt you've ever even considered that fact.

Here's an example: If somebody here says something like "I believe we should draft WR Beckham with our top draft pick", I'm not going to call that BS. Personally, I do prefer a 3-4 DE that can attack the QB with the top draft pick for obvious reasons, but please do show us all where I said it was BS regarding anyone's opinion about taking a WR with the top draft pick.

You're way off base.

Now, back on topic, going into 2014, I can't help but wonder if the Chiefs will be as good a road team as they were in 2013 and can they re-establish home-field advantage that they once had some time ago, but really didn't seem to have last year or in recent years.

The Chiefs performance on the road last year was pretty impressive, considering a lot of factors ( new coaching staff, new QB, etc. ), but the home games, not so much, except for the Giants game.

We wont know if were better or not until the season starts. Our schedule is tougher but teams decline and rise every year so basing on our schedule I dont believe our record will be better bit that doesnt mean we didn't improve. No one can accurately answer this debate until the season starts and ends. just a opinions to make time pass is all this is.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast