Thread: Rolando McClain, Anyone?

Default Rolando McClain, Anyone?

Retired ILB Rolando McClain will meet with Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome on Friday.

McClain is meeting with Newsome to "discuss a possible future" in Baltimore, but it's possible he'll be granted his release. The Ravens still own McClain's rights following his abrupt 2013 "retirement." "I’m excited about the game again," McClain said. "I’m excited to play. I’m excited to be around some damn teammates." McClain was a major bust before hanging up his cleats, but is still only 24 years old. He should at least be able to crack someone's offseason roster, perhaps even Baltimore's.
    Call me a fool, but I would sign this guy on a one year minimum flier. If his head's right (big if) he could fill a significant void on this D.
    ...in my opinion

Ehh, think I'd pass. Mainly because of the decision to go into retirement during a year when his team really needed him to step up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    Call me a fool, but I would sign this guy on a one year minimum flier. If his head's right (big if) he could fill a significant void on this D.
    Normally I would be all over this type, but with the type of D we will be playing this year against Manning and Rivers as well as the NFC West, we dont need another ILB. Our 2nd ILB is only going to see the field in short yardage situations and on 1st down if even then. We will likely be in a 3-3 Nickel. Occasionally in a 2-3 Dime in long yardage situations.

If he could play ST (which I dont remember him doing previously) then Id consider it. Id take Mays and Niko over him since they will play their hearts out on special teams.