Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: What positions do the Chiefs really have to address this year?

Talking What positions do the Chiefs really have to address this year?

Hey Chiefs Crowd,

The Chiefs have been "slow" to get things done this offseason. Most fans are upset about the lack of moves that Kansas City has made after going 11-5 last season. So, Chiefs fans, what positions do you all think the team HAS to address now? And what do you think can wait till next year or after?

Here's my take:
    I think the key positions of need are Middle Linebacker, Outside Linebacker, Offensive Guard, Offensive Tackle, Free Safety, and Defensive End.

Now, Outside Linebacker, Offensive Guard, Defensive End, and Defensive End are positions that mostly need depth. We aren't looking for anyone to replace Hali or Houston yet, but we need to build a rotation due to the fact that Hali is aging. I think that Middle Linebacker and Free Safety are the positions where we need to look to find potential starters.

My main reasons for the two positions that I selected are that, though we added Joe Mays, he never has been a true starter. He has been a good special teams player and a very average starter when he had the opportunity. Husain Abdullah (whom I really like) is returning, but he, like Joe Mays, has been solid at times, but we never know what he really would be as a full time starter.

Here's a quick view of my expected starting lineup, thus far into the offseason:
    QB - Alex Smith
    RB - Jamaal Charles
    FB - Anthony Sherman
    WR - Dwayne Bowe
    WR - AJ Jenkins
    TE - Anthony Fasano
    LT - Eric Fisher
    LG - Jeff Allen
    C - Rodney Hudson
    RG - Rishaw Johnson
    RT - Donald Stephenson

LE - Mike DeVito
    RE - Vance Walker (FA)
    NT - Dontari Poe
    LOLB - Tamba Hali
    ROLB - Justin Houston
    LILB - Derrick Johnson
    RILB - James Michael - Johnson
    CB - Sean Smith
    CB - Brandon Flowers
    FS - Husain Abdullah
    SS - Eric Berry

What do you guys think about these thoughts???

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

80 yards, 5 plays, 1:52 ToP - TD Colts
    41 yards, 5 plays, 1:28 ToP - TD Colts
    80 yards, 6 plays, 1:41 ToP - TD Colts
    90 Yards, 12 plays, 4:02 ToP - TD Colts
    80 yards, 4 plays, 1:15 ToP - TD Colts.

That's 371 yards of offense, and 35 points, in 10:18 of game-clock.

But let's extrapolate that, for context.... The average ToP for a game is about 30 minutes. AT the rate of those five possessions for The Colts, were a team to ever manage to fail that poorly for a full 30 minutes of game-clock, then they will have allowed 102 points. (101.61)
    Just for fun.... I did the yards... During those five drives (even though it excludes a quick INT possession in between) they gave up 371 yards in 10:18 of possession time. If that were to persist for thirty minutes of possession time at that rate... They would have given up 1077 yards of offense.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Okay, that makes sense. I can see him not starting in Atlanta with Massequoi on the team.

I'm a bit concerned that the Falcons let him go to Oakland, and the Raiders defense sucked last year, but after only one year the Raiders didn't re-sign him and brought in Lamaar Woodley at LDE. Then again, the Raiders do a lot of dumb things.

Both CBS.com and ourlads.com project him as playing 2nd string behind Allan Bailey. We will see if that changes during training camp.
    Well, all I am saying is that he is an improvement. I didn't say it didn't take much to be an improvement. Again, as I had stated. I am fine taking Tuitt to help boster our Defensive line. I just had an issue with their reasoning. Acting like T. Jackson leaving left us in some sort of void that requires a priority over other holes.

Chiefs need a FS - bad. Of course we need OL, WR, and CB. But if Calvin Pryor is still on the board at 23, I could see us grabbing him.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Chiefs need a FS - bad. Of course we need OL, WR, and CB. But if Calvin Pryor is still on the board at 23, I could see us grabbing him.
    Pryor I would take. But Clinton-Dix? No thanks, the Chiefs have already had two Alabama DB's wash out just recently ( Arenas and Menzie ).

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567