Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: If the 2013 draftees step up?

Default If the 2013 draftees step up?

I find myself reading this board and it seems to be in such a panic. Rightfully so maybe, we got destroyed in the first off-season phase of free agency. We do have some holes primarily in depth some with more immediate needs. However if fisher, Kelce, commings, Cooper, Catapano if these guys can step up and some contribute some start and do well. How much stress does that relieve surrounding this team?

Personally I think this team is not in bad shape and you have to love the freedom and flexibility we have with our first round pick. Ya we are limited with our number of picks but the potential to land any number of players at 23 or lower if we can trade back who can immediately contribute is crazy and at the end of the day that's all you can ask for.

Bottum line we have to trust what Dorsey and Reid are doing and assume they have a plan until they prove otherwise. I'm excited for draft day because I have absolutely zero idea what te chiefs will do. However all the people that could be available I dot see very many that the chiefs could take and I would be upset because they could all contribute. It's gumna be exciting and I can't wait to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by KCWildcat3 View Post
    I find myself reading this board and it seems to be in such a panic. Rightfully so maybe, we got destroyed in the first off-season phase of free agency. We do have some holes primarily in depth some with more immediate needs. However if fisher, Kelce, commings, Cooper, Catapano if these guys can step up and some contribute some start and do well. How much stress does that relieve surrounding this team?

Personally I think this team is not in bad shape and you have to love the freedom and flexibility we have with our first round pick. Ya we are limited with our number of picks but the potential to land any number of players at 23 or lower if we can trade back who can immediately contribute is crazy and at the end of the day that's all you can ask for.

Bottum line we have to trust what Dorsey and Reid are doing and assume they have a plan until they prove otherwise. I'm excited for draft day because I have absolutely zero idea what te chiefs will do. However all the people that could be available I dot see very many that the chiefs could take and I would be upset because they could all contribute. It's gumna be exciting and I can't wait to see what happens.
    I admire your optimism, but you’re pinning the hopes of this team on every late round draftee becoming a solid contributor or better. When does that ever happen? I expect Fisher to continue to improve as I do Cooper. Kelce I’m hopeful for.

That doesn’t negate the instability on the OL. Two solid starters are replaced by question marks, so far. We still don’t have a starter at FS. The MLB and LE were replaced by lesser players. And we still have one of the worst WR corps in the league. It’s not enough if you want to compete with DEN.

We can hope, not trust, the Reid & Dorsey nail this and get three starters out of this draft too. It’s not likely. I have no reason to have blind faith in either, yet. Reid ran Philly into the ground and Dorsey has done nothing except work for a great organization, just like Scott Pioli, the last “GM savior”.
    ...in my opinion

Commings was turning heads before his injury and I don't remember what I was reading a whole back about someone talking about Cstapano being a beast. I think u also have to remember that not ever started is an all pro. It's about getting the most out of people. If we can *** a few contributors from the draft at WR, interior line, and a pass rusher I think we are gimme be just fine. Maybe not beat the Broncos but their time will run out and we will be hitting stride.

If we could work out trade back with Cleveland. Grab their 2 3rd round picks. Would u feel better if we did this through the draft.

Round 1 Brandin Cooks WR
    Round 3 OLB. Van Noy/ Smith
    Round 3 Phillip Gaines. CB rice.
    Round 3 Gabe Jackson G Miss st
    Round 4 Jerad Abrederis WR
    Round 5 DE.
    Round 6 Clemson OT ACL guy.
    Round 6 AC Leonard

The two thirds may be a stretch but if they pass on a QB at 4 they may be desperate to trade up and grab one. I think this draft adds a lot of depth in places of need. No FS Commings and Abdullah will work for now.

Commings was turning heads before his injury and I don't remember what I was reading a whole back about someone talking about Cstapano being a beast. I think u also have to remember that not ever started is an all pro. It's about getting the most out of people. If we can *** a few contributors from the draft at WR, interior line, and a pass rusher I think we are gimme be just fine. Maybe not beat the Broncos but their time will run out and we will be hitting stride.
    I don't want to agree with Mongo, but you are basing opinions based on what people were writing from Camp where the Chiefs promote all of their players before the season. Commings broke his colar bone the first day of practice. Any hype about him from camp was when they were in shorts. The news about Catapano was how Smart he was, for being an IVY league guy.

Remember when Boomer Grigsby was going to be our starting MLB the year we drafted him all because of talk prior to actually playing in the NFL.

Now to Counter Mongo, a lot of the people we are hoping steps up actually performed on the field. Granted it was against San Diego, but that gamed mattered for the Chargers and they played well. So there is more hope but to be completely optomistic based on other peoples opinions I can't get on board with.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I don't want to agree with Mongo, but you are basing opinions based on what people were writing from Camp where the Chiefs promote all of their players before the season. Commings broke his colar bone the first day of practice. Any hype about him from camp was when they were in shorts. The news about Catapano was how Smart he was, for being an IVY league guy.

Remember when Boomer Grigsby was going to be our starting MLB the year we drafted him all because of talk prior to actually playing in the NFL.

Now to Counter Mongo, a lot of the people we are hoping steps up actually performed on the field. Granted it was against San Diego, but that gamed mattered for the Chargers and they played well. So there is more hope but to be completely optomistic based on other peoples opinions I can't get on board with.
    What's wrong with agreeing with me? ;)
    ...in my opinion

If we could work out trade back with Cleveland. Grab their 2 3rd round picks. Would u feel better if we did this through the draft.

Round 1 Brandin Cooks WR
    Round 3 OLB. Van Noy/ Smith
    Round 3 Phillip Gaines. CB rice.
    Round 3 Gabe Jackson G Miss st
    Round 4 Jerad Abrederis WR
    Round 5 DE.
    Round 6 Clemson OT ACL guy.
    Round 6 AC Leonard

The two thirds may be a stretch but if they pass on a QB at 4 they may be desperate to trade up and grab one. I think this draft adds a lot of depth in places of need. No FS Commings and Abdullah will work for now.
    How do the Chiefs work a trade back to CLE, keeping an R1 and get two R3 picks? Do you mean moving from 23 to 26? They'll never get one R3 for a move like that. The difference in value is 60 points. R3.32 is 160. I realize the chart is a guideline, but that would be ridiculous, even for CLE.
    ...in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    I admire your optimism, but you’re pinning the hopes of this team on every late round draftee becoming a solid contributor or better. When does that ever happen? I expect Fisher to continue to improve as I do Cooper. Kelce I’m hopeful for.

That doesn’t negate the instability on the OL. Two solid starters are replaced by question marks, so far. We still don’t have a starter at FS. The MLB and LE were replaced by lesser players. And we still have one of the worst WR corps in the league. It’s not enough if you want to compete with DEN.

We can hope, not trust, the Reid & Dorsey nail this and get three starters out of this draft too. It’s not likely. I have no reason to have blind faith in either, yet. Reid ran Philly into the ground and Dorsey has done nothing except work for a great organization, just like Scott Pioli, the last “GM savior”.
    Ummm ok

They had a bad year Reids last year But I hardly call that running them into the ground. If that was the case they wouldn't have been back in the playoffs last year.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

How can no one mention Knile Davis?

He steped up in a NFL playoff game. It's not like the 2013 rookie class did nothing to help. Give them time people. It was only the start of there careers. Fisher was bad at the start of the year but after some time he progressed. There's nothing to say that draft class can't be a good one just yet.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Ummm ok

They had a bad year Reids last year But I hardly call that running them into the ground. If that was the case they wouldn't have been back in the playoffs last year.
    9 playoff appearances, 4 consecutive NFC championships and a Super Bowl appearance = running them into the ground.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast