Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: If the 2013 draftees step up?

Default If the 2013 draftees step up?

I find myself reading this board and it seems to be in such a panic. Rightfully so maybe, we got destroyed in the first off-season phase of free agency. We do have some holes primarily in depth some with more immediate needs. However if fisher, Kelce, commings, Cooper, Catapano if these guys can step up and some contribute some start and do well. How much stress does that relieve surrounding this team?

Personally I think this team is not in bad shape and you have to love the freedom and flexibility we have with our first round pick. Ya we are limited with our number of picks but the potential to land any number of players at 23 or lower if we can trade back who can immediately contribute is crazy and at the end of the day that's all you can ask for.

Bottum line we have to trust what Dorsey and Reid are doing and assume they have a plan until they prove otherwise. I'm excited for draft day because I have absolutely zero idea what te chiefs will do. However all the people that could be available I dot see very many that the chiefs could take and I would be upset because they could all contribute. It's gumna be exciting and I can't wait to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Dorsey will not spend big money in FA, but he's already shown that he'll get solid FA's at reasonable costs, but he wants to get his core players through the draft, same as they've done in GB and Seattle.
    Exactly so. He is happy to pick up "bargain basement" free agents when they are available to use for depth or to plug a hole with a serviceable player, but I do not think we'll see him throwing boatloads of cash at top tier free agents. It just doesn't seem to be what he believes in.

The Bowe situation was one where I believe they were over a barrel somewhat because the Chiefs just didn't have anybody else & I believe they suspected Baldwin wasn't going to pan out.
    Hit the nail on the head IMO. Circumstances pretty much forced Dorsey to keep him. I just hope Bowe will live up to the payday he got.

Would love to see the Chiefs pick this WR up in round 3, if he's still on the board. Great fit at 6-2, 220 lbs, 4.4 speed, good route runner, willing blocker in the running game. Not necessarily an instant impact player in year 1, but by year 2 he could special.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/...crief-Ole-Miss

Would love to see the Chiefs pick this WR up in round 3, if he's still on the board. Great fit at 6-2, 220 lbs, 4.4 speed, good route runner, willing blocker in the running game. Not necessarily an instant impact player in year 1, but by year 2 he could special.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/...crief-Ole-Miss
    I'm warming up to taking the BPAN-other-WR with the first pick and waiting on a WR. Moncrief would be on that list.
    ...in my opinion

Moncrief in the 3rd wouldn't bother me a bit, though I am hoping Dressler will turn out to have been a great find. I guess that right now I am more worried about Defense than Offense.

In the bigger scheme of things, I'm not so much worried about who they take with the top draft pick, but the overall group of players that they come away with. Looking at how Seattle has repeatedly hit on those later choices with guys like Richard Sherman and Russell Wilson and SB MVP Malcom Smith was a 7th rounder. This is the type of drafting the Chiefs need to do and something Pioli wasn't capable of.

Pioli couldn't do it in his dreams. It's what Dorsey is supposed to be good at and it's also what the Chiefs need most. Time will tell, but I'm hoping Dorsey turns out to be every bit as good as has been said.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Pioli couldn't do it in his dreams. It's what Dorsey is supposed to be good at and it's also what the Chiefs need most. Time will tell, but I'm hoping Dorsey turns out to be every bit as good as has been said.
    Watch Atlanta, under Pioli's influence, not take a Tackle, even though they need one and Matt Ryan will suffer for it.

Moncrief in the 3rd wouldn't bother me a bit, though I am hoping Dressler will turn out to have been a great find. I guess that right now I am more worried about Defense than Offense.
    The new Bobby Sippio! Don't bank on it. I will give odds that Dressler is not on the 53.
    ...in my opinion

Watch Atlanta, under Pioli's influence, not take a Tackle, even though they need one and Matt Ryan will suffer for it.
    Atlanta is screwed. They have Piloi and TG is gone. 10 first round picks wouldn't save them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    I will give odds that Dressler is not on the 53.
    Not a bad bet. But he is cheap and looks like he has potential. So bringing him in was a good idea. This is what Dorsey is supposed to be good at.....finding gold nuggets where others see only a slag heap. And if he doesn't make the cut then what did he cost us? Not enough to make a difference in the free agent market....that's for sure. So the downside to Dressler is we lose next to nothing and get nothing. The upside is maybe we get a solid contributor on Special Teams (or maybe as a receiver) for dirt cheap. Good gamble in my mind.