Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: If the 2013 draftees step up?

Default If the 2013 draftees step up?

I find myself reading this board and it seems to be in such a panic. Rightfully so maybe, we got destroyed in the first off-season phase of free agency. We do have some holes primarily in depth some with more immediate needs. However if fisher, Kelce, commings, Cooper, Catapano if these guys can step up and some contribute some start and do well. How much stress does that relieve surrounding this team?

Personally I think this team is not in bad shape and you have to love the freedom and flexibility we have with our first round pick. Ya we are limited with our number of picks but the potential to land any number of players at 23 or lower if we can trade back who can immediately contribute is crazy and at the end of the day that's all you can ask for.

Bottum line we have to trust what Dorsey and Reid are doing and assume they have a plan until they prove otherwise. I'm excited for draft day because I have absolutely zero idea what te chiefs will do. However all the people that could be available I dot see very many that the chiefs could take and I would be upset because they could all contribute. It's gumna be exciting and I can't wait to see what happens.

We should have signed Desean Jackson, Jared Allen, Devin Hester, Josh McCown, Julius Peppers, and brought Tony Gonzalez and Brian Urlacher out of retirement.

Just tell them all, "we'll pay you later." If they don't WANT to play for the Chiefs, tough. Blackmail them.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    We should have signed Desean Jackson, Jared Allen, Devin Hester, Josh McCown, Julius Peppers, and brought Tony Gonzalez and Brian Urlacher out of retirement.

Just tell them all, "we'll pay you later." If they don't WANT to play for the Chiefs, tough. Blackmail them.
    Certainly. And we'll call them "The dream team: The big red edition". It can't fail.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Again the talk of the upgrade of what we lost I will ask again
    WHAT DID WE LOST THAT WAS SO GREAT? Is this thing working this has yet to be answered
    Okay, I'll try and answer that, for what it's worth. Here's what the Chiefs lost.

1) A LT-Wannabe that should have been playing Guard all along & wasn't worth half of the pay he was wanting.
    2) A Guard that Pioli drafted that was never very good and got flatbacked more than any Guard I've ever seen.
    3) A Guard/Tackle that was OK ( Schwartz ) but not Will Shields by any stretch of the imagination & nothing that a mid-round draft pick can't replace.
    4) An undersized slot WR that anyone's grandma could tackle if she made contact with him & is going to be easy to replace.
    5) A Safety that couldn't tackle or cover a tackling dummy.
    6) A overdrafted DE that mostly served as a blocking dummy & couldn't rush the passer even as well as many DE's that were drafted in way later rounds since ( thanks Pioli, ya stupid baldheaded twerp ).
    7) A few cheerleaders that by comparison to the Seagals in Seattle, look like they would give syphilis to a male billy-goat on contact.

GEE, those are real bonafide reasons to push panic buttons now aren't they? Especially considering that the players listed above are now OVERPAID and would not have been major difference makers if they had stayed any more than the cheerleaders mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    What did KC gain that makes this team better than last year?

and yes, i know, the draft is coming.

The only thing that can be said is "other teams over paid" "KC didn't have the money"

There is reason to be worried and there is reasons to feel okay about everything.
    The only thing I worry about is blowing the draft. That's going to be the worry every year. This GM just doesn't go bring in a lot of big name FAs. People are just going to have to get over that. This is the type of offseason we are going to have to get use to if Dorsey is a long term GM.

But I don't think this team really lost all that much so I'm not over worried right now. The draft will be huge for this team going forward
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Ditto about the draft. Dorsey has to make sure he drafts well for their plan to work. Lets ha e this debate after the draft.

Mongo......

I have tried to treat you and the arguments you have made with decency and respect. I've tried to have a discussion with you that could lead to some area of mutual agreement. Clearly that has been a waste of time. You have your opinion, you are sure you are right, and that is the end of that.

I have wasted too much time trying to have a reasoned discussion with you. You are borderline MMO/MMH.

Damn shame. I thought you were a reasonable person. Yet again I have been proved the fool.

I am glad you are a Chiefs fan and I love you for that. But for your unwillingness to listen to any opinion but your own, I can not respect you.

Regards.....ctchiefsfan.....

Jason and others have said it like it is. Reid/Dorsey have a plan and they are following that plan. Dorsey's job is to get the talent in the draft and Reid's job is to suck every ounce of talent out of the people Dorsey drafts.

I LIKE the plan!!!!! I think it has a good chance of working to make our Chiefs an important team again.

The plan may not work. Certainly possible. But at least the GM and the Head Coach have a plan. First damned time since Dick Vermeil that there was any real coordinated plan for achieving success.

Dick Vermeil's plan was short term. And it made sense. We were a whisker away from having a legitimate Super Bowl team. It didn't work out.

I like the Reid/Dorsey plan better. It's a plan that should make us a legitimate contender for the next 10 years.

I look forward to our Chiefs bringing Reid a Super Bowl win and to Reid and Dorsey making that possible.

And if anybody doesn't like what I'm saying then they can kiss my brown eye. I may be wrong, but at least we have a clear and concise plan with a decent chance of success.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Mongo......

You are borderline MMO/MMH.
    OH, NO

YOU DI'INT!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Topeka......

I used the word "borderline" as a qualifier and if you read the thread you'll see I have always been respectful. He is not MMO/MMH.....but he getting awful close to "borderline".

Disagreement is one thing. Repeatedly ignoring questions asked by someone you are debating is a MMO/MMH tactic. It amounts to "I'm right, you're wrong, so I have no obligation to pay any attention to anything you've said."

That is why I said a few posts back that while I loved him for being a Chiefs fan I had no use for him.

And I will shut my mouth before I insult anyone.

If I were to guess I would guess that Mongo MMO/H is like myself and I believe doobs ones that all they have seen is 1 and done in the playoffs. That over the years has its effect on a lot of people. It leads some when a new group of managment comes in to say I have heard this story before why should I believe it now. I understand that mindset. Which is why I never had a major issue with MMO or doobs whenever everyone was disagreeing with him earlier this offseason. They have gotten their hopes up before only to be let down so now they are I will believe it when I see it. Nothing wrong with that mindset. I'm in a way like that two. But I try my best to be fair to any given gm coach and give them a chance. You never will see me say I know Dorsey or Reid will work out. I don't but I also don't allow myself to think just because so and so failed they will either.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast