Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 182

Thread: If the 2013 draftees step up?

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default If the 2013 draftees step up?


    0 Not allowed!
    I find myself reading this board and it seems to be in such a panic. Rightfully so maybe, we got destroyed in the first off-season phase of free agency. We do have some holes primarily in depth some with more immediate needs. However if fisher, Kelce, commings, Cooper, Catapano if these guys can step up and some contribute some start and do well. How much stress does that relieve surrounding this team?

    Personally I think this team is not in bad shape and you have to love the freedom and flexibility we have with our first round pick. Ya we are limited with our number of picks but the potential to land any number of players at 23 or lower if we can trade back who can immediately contribute is crazy and at the end of the day that's all you can ask for.

    Bottum line we have to trust what Dorsey and Reid are doing and assume they have a plan until they prove otherwise. I'm excited for draft day because I have absolutely zero idea what te chiefs will do. However all the people that could be available I dot see very many that the chiefs could take and I would be upset because they could all contribute. It's gumna be exciting and I can't wait to see what happens.

  2. #101
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,303
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 211
    Given: 58

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Correction 2: in my conclusion, "either Mack or Clemons, and Bird" should say "either Bird, or Mack and Clemons." Sorry,
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

  3. #102
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,423
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 312
    Given: 304

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Mongo......

    My compliments. I don't agree with you, but at least you came up with a plan. I will try to figure out how to give you some "rep" for that.

    Why do I not agree with you? Because other teams are spending like drunken sailors in a whore house on free agents. So I don't think your plan would have worked. Largely because last year's draft was so thin.

    Teams are paying idiot money for most any free agent that is a little above average because they didn't get what they hoped in last year's draft. So I think your approach would not have worked.

    So no....I think you are wrong. And I will take the Dorsey/Reid approach over yours. HAPPILY.

    But you made a decent case, so I tip my hat.

  4. #103
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,168
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 228
    Given: 665

    Default


    2 Not allowed!
    Mongo - Kudos for coming up with a plan. Goes a long way to making your arguments more credible.

    Towards the parts of everyone else's discussion - Because of our cap situation, the end result was that we traded vanilla for less expensive vanilla. If you think that the board has been busy lately...wait until the draft (when Dorsey gets taken over Al Davis' ghost and drafts nothing but pot smoking kickers...j/k)

    One thing that seems to get overlooked in a lot of this discussion is that KC did sign Weston Dressler. Granted, it's going to take a preseason to get any sort of idea whether or not he's strictly CFL material, but the guy can say he held the Grey cup. Whether or not he's NFL vanilla....We're going to find out.

  5. #104
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    3,423
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 312
    Given: 304

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Good post Eydugster! I had forgotten about Dressler. I am not expecting huge things from him but he might well equally replace one of the FAs we lost.....for about 1/10th what that free agent would have cost us.

    Risky? Yes..... But then....Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I like most everything Dorsey has done since we got him about a year ago.

  6. #105
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,045
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 545
    Given: 747

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    Because I'm sick of the character assaults, for the second time, here's what I would have done:

    Extend Eric Berry. Give him a low $1M base with a $10M signing bonus that covers the $11M owed this season. The breakdown is as follows:

    Year Bonus Salary Cap
    1 2.00 1.00 3.00
    2 2.00 5.50 7.50
    3 2.00 7.50 9.50
    4 2.00 9.50 11.50
    5 2.00 13.50 15.50
    6 0.00 10.00 10.00

    This would have freed $8M and kept one of core players under contract for 3-4 years.
    Thank you for posting that. I needed a good LAUGH.

    Because shilling out that kind of money for a player that's really not worth half of that is LAUGHABLE.

    And I'll bet money it doesn't happen.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-13-2014 at 12:16 AM.

  7. #106
    Member Since
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    172
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Thank you for posting that. I needed a good LAUGH.

    Because shilling out that kind of money for a player that's really not worth half of that is LAUGHABLE.

    And I'll bet money it doesn't happen.
    Oh really? If Jairus Byrd is worth $9, someone will pay EB in the $10M range.
    ...in my opinion

  8. #107
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,045
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 545
    Given: 747

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    Oh really? If Jairus Byrd is worth $9, someone will pay EB in the $10M range.
    Byrd is a better player than Berry is. Don't care if there is a sucker out there willing to overpay Berry or any Safety. I just hope it's not John Dorsey.

    The only Safety that I can see being worth being paid the high dollars is Kam Chancellor & he's rightfully earned it without the hype that Berry comes with.

    You are starting to sound like if Berry were ever to come to a sudden halt, then your face would go half-way up his arse. And yet, you suggest they unload Hali, whose had far greater impact than Berry has. Berry can't hold Hali's jock in that regard.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-13-2014 at 11:10 AM.

  9. #108
    Member Since
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    172
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Byrd is a better player than Berry is. Don't care if there is a sucker out there willing to overpay Berry or any Safety. I just hope it's not John Dorsey.

    The only Safety that I can see being worth being paid the high dollars is Kam Chancellor & he's rightfully earned it without the hype that Berry comes with.

    You are starting to sound like if Berry were ever to come to a sudden halt, then your face would go half-way up his arse. And yet, you suggest the unload Hali, whose had far greater impact than Berry has. Berry can't hold Hali's jock in that regard.
    Yes, I'm a fan of Berry. I don't think we've seen the best of him yet and he still is a top ten safety. By the end of his contract Hali will be 32. Sacrifices will be made to correct this cap situation. There's no way around it. Dorsey's chosen to attack it by letting the OL go to scraps.

    Given the choice of ascending, young player and a guy entering the twilight of his career, the intelligent choice is to let go of the 32 year old.
    ...in my opinion

  10. #109
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,168
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 228
    Given: 665

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Byrd is a better player than Berry is. Don't care if there is a sucker out there willing to overpay Berry or any Safety. I just hope it's not John Dorsey.

    The only Safety that I can see being worth being paid the high dollars is Kam Chancellor & he's rightfully earned it without the hype that Berry comes with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    If Jairus Byrd is worth $9, someone will pay EB in the $10M range.
    Okay, now with Daniel Manning being interviewed, and if what Mongo says is true about teams willing to pay EB's salary....

    Is it feasible that there is a trade in the works to send Berry somewhere in exchange for draft picks?

  11. #110
    Member Since
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    172
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Okay, now with Daniel Manning being interviewed, and if what Mongo says is true about teams willing to pay EB's salary....

    Is it feasible that there is a trade in the works to send Berry somewhere in exchange for draft picks?
    You've been reading the Star.

    http://www.kansascity.com/2014/04/12...-to-trade.html

    I thought brdempsey wrote this article himself.

    You don't trade good young players for the opportunity to try and find other good young players. Removing Eric Berry does not make the Chiefs better now or in the future.

    Sign Eric Berry now.
    Last edited by Mongo; 04-13-2014 at 11:37 AM.
    ...in my opinion

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. CHIEFS QB History..Retreads vs Draftees
    By chiefnut in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-12-2013, 05:00 PM
  2. edwards not going to step down
    By slc chief in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-21-2008, 01:44 AM
  3. A Step Forward?
    By drstandley31 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-22-2008, 09:49 PM
  4. I think we should all just step back from the ledge!
    By Sick Dog in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-29-2007, 01:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •